About the Dual DC505iBT
Bluetooth® — don't leave home without it
Bluetooth® — don't leave home without it
I love Bluetooth in my car. No plugging in cables before I turn the key — my favorite playlists or podcasts are ready to stream when I hit the road. Dual's DC505iBT CD receiver puts Bluetooth convenience in your car, and at a pretty reasonable price too. Plus, you'll get the usual features you expect in a car stereo, including good AM/FM reception, CD playback of recordable discs, plus a handy aux input and USB port on the front panel.
Ready to rock with your iPhone®
This receiver is ready for your Apple music machine. Plug in your iPod®, iPad®, or iPhone, and you'll be able to access your favorite playlists with a few twists of a knob. If you're a Pandora® fan, you'll have access to your favorite stations from the receiver's controls when your iPhone is connected.
One EQ setting isn't right for everything you listen to, so Dual makes it easy to switch between seven preset tone settings. Select between frequent genres, like Rock, Pop, Jazz, or Classic — or choose User to create your own.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- detachable face
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility):
- built in iPod, iPhone, and iPad controls
- Pandora control with iPhone
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- bass and treble controls with seven preset tone settings
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (2-volt rear)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DC505iBT
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim-ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Four M3 x 5mm screws
- Four M4 x 5mm scews
- 2 Self-tapping screws
- Rear-support bolt
- Lock washer
- Hex nut
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
Dual DC505iBT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual DC505iBT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|Full size||Classic/5th gen|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Bluetooth Technology: The Dual DC505iBT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the DC505iBT. You can pair up to eight devices, but only one device can connected and used at a time. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the Dual receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The Dual DC505iBT is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone and Android smartphones.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Dual DC505iBT.
Hands-Free Communication w/ Integrated Mic: The Dual DC505iBT allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Use the integrated front-panel microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute automatically during a call.
- Answering A Call: You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control, or you can set the head unit to auto answer all incoming calls. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD.
- Making A Call: You can choose a phone number from a list of recently dialed, received, or missed calls using the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also quickly redial the last number from the head unit's front-panel. This head unit does not offer direct entry of a phone number or phonebook transfer. You can also make a call from your phone and then transfer over to the head unit.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Dual DC505iBT also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or portable music player using a Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual DC505iBT's front-panel USB port allows you to connect select Lightning and 30-pin iPod/iPhones via the cable that comes with your Apple device. This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display (song/artist/album), control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual CD receiver.
- Music Browsing: The DC505iBT allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast from the head unit's front-panel controls. The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen in this mode in order to access other applications; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (1A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Dual DC505iBT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 1/31/2016):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AUX Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external portable audio device.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual DC505iBT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Dual DC505iBT using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+), via the cable that came with your iPhone device or an Apple certified cable that sold separately. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, LTE (4G), EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Music Control: The receiver provides control over the Pandora music service. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down.
- Song/Artist Display: The Dual in-dash receiver will also display your Pandora station's song/artist information such as artist name, song title, and album title.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
CD Compatibility: The Dual DC505iBT head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Auto Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
USB Port: The Dual DC505iBT is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB) or portable digital music player. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 1A) your USB devices during connection.
Note: This head unit's USB port is not compatible with Android devices.
Compatible Compressed Music Files: The DC505iBT supports the following types of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Yellow Book Mode 1/2, Multi-Session||FAT 32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 32-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32-48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 Folders/999 Files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver. 1.0-2.4), WMA tags|
Playback & Search Functions: The DC505iBT offers a variety of playback and search functions so you can find and enjoy your music better.
- File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual DC505iBT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DC505iBT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the DC505iBT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/2Ch Pre-outs: The Dual DC505iBT is outfitted with 2-volt, 2-channel pre-outs for connecting an external amplifier. These stereo pre-outs fade with the rear speaker channels. The unit does not offer a low-pass crossover or sub control.
EQ Presets: The Dual CD Receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode allows you to independent adjust Bass & Treble.
Loudness: Activating the Loudness feature will enhance the bass and treble frequencies when listening to music at low volumes.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, CD, Aux, Bluetooth, USB, iPod, Pandora). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Program Volume: You can set the DC505iBT to power-on to the same volume level (0-30) every time.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
Detachable Face: The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
3.7" Wide LCD: The head unit features 3.7" wide, single-line, 10-character LCD. This extra-wide, large, LCD allows you to easily view and navigate system menus, features, folders, and song information.
Text Scroll: You can change the scrolling style used for displayed information on the LCD screen. Choose from Off (no scrolling), Once (scrolls once), 15 Secs (scrolls once per 15 seconds), and On (constantly scrolls).
12/24 Hour Clock: The unit's built-in clock can be set to 12-hour or 24-hour mode.
Power-On Message + Demo: This feature allows a "Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening" text message to be shown on the unit's LCD screen when it is powered on. You can enable or disable the unit's demonstration mode.
25 questions already asked