About the Dual DC525BI
Dual's DC525Bi CD receiver blends classic design with colors that'll make your dash pop. Front and center, you'll see a large, bright 10-digit LCD display with 32,000 color possibilities. And flanking the display, a set of easy-to-use buttons gives you quick access to all your entertainment. Ready to crank up the volume? Just grab the centrally located volume knob and give it a twist
Dual designed this budget-friendly powerhouse to accommodate all your music options, with convenient front USB and aux inputs, CD playback, a sensitive AM/FM tuner, and solid power, so it's a great candidate for replacing your factory radio.
Bluetooth® hands-free calling and audio streaming
Built-in Bluetooth gives you convenient hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming, too. Thanks to the sensitive built-in microphone, you'll always come through loud and clear when you're making a call.
Your phone, your Pandora®
You don't have to worry which type of phone you have in order to enjoy your Pandora Internet Radio stations. Android™ owners can use the DC525Bi's Bluetooth audio streaming for Pandora control, while iPhone owners will simply plug into the USB input to get your streaming radio fix. You can give a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" and switch between your favorite stations.
You can shape your sound with the DC525Bi's 3-band equalizer. The built-in amp delivers a strong 18 watts RMS per channel to get more volume and musical detail out of your speakers, while a set of RCA preamp outputs makes it easy to connect an amp or powered subwoofer for more impact.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- 10-digit LCD display with 32,000 color choices
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora control with iPhone
- remote control
- 3-band equalizer with 7 preset tone curves
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- inputs: front USB input, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (2-volt rear/sub)
What's in the box:
- CD receiver
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 8 ISO screws
- Rear-support bolt
- Lock washer
- Hex nut
- Quick Start Guide
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Dual DC525BI reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual DC525BI
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|Full size||Classic, 5th gen|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Bluetooth Technology: The Dual DC525Bi is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the DC525Bi. You can only pair one device at a time with this unit. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the Dual receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The Dual DC525Bi is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone, Blackberry, and Android smartphones.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Dual DC525Bi.
Hands-Free Communication w/ Integrated Mic: The Dual DC525Bi allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control or included remote; or you can set the head unit to auto answer all incoming calls. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD. You can quickly redial the last number from the head unit' front-panel controls. To dial a number, you will still need to use your mobile phone and then transfer the call to the head unit. Use the integrated front-panel microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute automatically during a call.
Bluetooth Audio (A2DP/AVRCP): The Dual DC525Bi also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual DC525Bi's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual CD receiver.
- Music Browsing: The DC525Bi allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast from the head unit's front-panel controls. The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. Newer iPod/iPhones with iOS 6.0+ allow you to continue to access your Apple device's touchscreen in this mode in order to access other applications; older iPod/iPhone devices will be locked during connection.
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Dual DC525Bi is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 1/31/2016):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AUX Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual DC525Bi features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically).
Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Dual DC525Bi using your USB-connected Apple iPhone (iOS 9.0+), via the cable that came with your iPhone device or a 3rd party Apple certified cable (sold separately). Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Music Control: The receiver provides control over the Pandora music service. You can select Pandora stations from your station list and sort them by date or alphabetically (A-Z). New stations can be created based on the current songs or artists playing. You can also skip song tracks within a station. You can even give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down.
- Song/Artist Display: The Dual in-dash receiver will also display your Pandora station's song/artist information such as artist name, song title, and album title.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
CD Compatibility: The Dual DC525Bi head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Auto Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
USB Port: The Dual DC525Bi is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB) or portable digital music player. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) your USB devices during connection.
Note: This head unit's USB port is not compatible with Android devices.
Compatible Compressed Music Files: The DC525Bi supports the following types of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Yellow Book Mode 1/2, Multi-Session||FAT 32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 32-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32-48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||500 Folders/999 Files||500 Folders/5,000|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver. 1.0-2.4), WMA tags|
Playback & Search Functions: The DC525Bi offers a variety of playback and search functions so you can find and enjoy your music better.
- File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual DC525Bi is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DC525Bi are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the DC525Bi are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/2Ch Preamp Outputs: The Dual DC525Bi features a pair of 2-volt preamp outputs to connect an external amplifier. The preamp outputs are fading and cannot be set to non-fading.
Equalizer: The Dual CD receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, & Off/User) to customize your music listening. The Bass & Treble can be independently adjusted from +/-7 when in Off/User EQ mode.
Loudness: Activating the Loudness feature will enhance the bass and treble frequencies when listening to music at low volumes.
Source Level: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another.
Program Volume: You can set the DC525Bi to power-on to the same volume level (0-30) every time.
Key Beep: When the "Key Beep" function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
3.7" Wide LCD: The head unit features 3.7" wide, single-line, 10-character LCD. This extra wide, large, vibrant LCD allows you to easily view and navigate system menus, features, folders, and song information.
Variable Color Illumination: Offering over 32,000 color combinations, the Dual DC525Bi lets you customize the color illumination for the LCD. Match the receiver's illumination to your vehicle's interior lighting or create a color that fits your mood. The unit's button illumination remains blue.
Text Scroll: You can change the scrolling style used for displayed information on the LCD screen. Choose from Off (no scrolling), Once (scrolls once), 15 Secs (scrolls once per 15 seconds), and On (constantly scrolls).
Power-On Message: This feature allows a "Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening" text message to be shown on the unit's LCD screen when it is powered on.
Demo: You can enable or disable the unit's demonstration mode.
Wireless Remote Control: The DC525Bi comes supplied with an 17-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual CD Receiver.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
14 questions already asked