About the Dual DSEQ505BT Smart Equalizer
Fine-tuning by smartphone
Fine-tuning by smartphone
Dual's DSEQ505BT Smart Equalizer lets you control your system's sound through their Smart EQ app running on your Bluetooth compatible smartphone. This versatile little processor takes two channels of input (left and right) and creates six channels for your amplifiers — left and right front, left and right rear, plus left and right subwoofer. This will allow you to control your system's tone, balance, fade, and subwoofer level from your smartphone.
Tuning features and streaming
When you load up the Smart EQ app, the Equalizer window presents you with the sliders for seven adjustable frequency bands. You can scroll through and apply one of the 7 pre-loaded presets, or set your own personal EQ curve and save that. On the Volume window, you'll find the sliders that control sub level, balance, and fade. In addition to controlling tone and balance, you can stream your music into the system wirelessly from your compatible phone, bypassing the receiver entirely — a great option for vehicles that don't have room for a receiver.
Works in almost any system
The Smart Equalizer features speaker-level inputs as well as preamp inputs, so it'll fit in with almost any system, factory or aftermarket. Remote turn-on lead connections for your amplifiers only activate when they sense a signal, so your amps will turn on last and turn off first, avoiding any amplified "bump" that could damage speakers.
- controls EQ, volume, fade, and balance from your Bluetooth device running Smart EQ app
- 7-band graphic equalizer
- 7 EQ presets
- volume control of front, rear, and subwoofer channels
- Bluetooth (A2DP) audio streaming
- 2-channel preamp and speaker-level inputs
- 6-channel RCA outputs (front,rear,sub)
- signal sensing remote outputs for amp turn-on
- dimensions: 7"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DSEQ505BT
What's in the box:
- EQ Processor
- 12" Power/ground harness
- 4" Bluetooth antenna
- Four 3/4" screws
- Owner's manual
Dual DSEQ505BT Smart Equalizer reviews
Sorry to say I am very disappointed with this product. Worked for about an hour then died suddenly. No output what so ever.
Pros: East install, easy bluetooth connection.
Cons: Seems to be usual oriental quality product. Some good, some bad.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Much needed to balance my system. I have focal 53/4 front door panels, rear focal 4x6 and JBL 6x9 and a Rockford fosgate 10in sub powered by a kenwood 600watt 4channel amp. My clarity is so much better, it helped me balance so well! I can clearly hear and adjust my sub with no problems!.
Pros: Great product I can adjust it from my cell phone with no problem
Cons: I wish it had more balance channels on the equalizer like 10 or 13, instead of 7
5 of 6 found this helpful
More details on the Dual DSEQ505BT Smart Equalizer
Overview: The DSEQ505BT Wireless Smart EQ Processor gives you 7 bands of EQ, music streaming, along with controls for balance, fader, and subwoofer level, all from your Bluetooth connected Android or Apple smartphone (sold separately).
Bluetooth (Ver. 2.1 + EDR): All control of the Smart EQ Processor is done through a Bluetooth connected smartphone using the Smart EQ App, downloaded free from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Pairing is initiated from the phone by searching and connecting to 'SmartEQ-xxxxxx' from the device list. Default PIN is - 1234. Once paired and within range of the EQ, the Smart EQ App can be used for control. The DSEQ505BT supports both A2DP and AVRCP, letting you steam Bluetooth Audio to the system as well control all of the EQ's functions. This also allows the DSEQ505BT to be the playback device for installations where there is no headunit connected, such as on an ATV or boat. A 4" Bluetooth antenna is included that screws onto a threaded post on the side of the Smart EQ Processor. The antenna can be rotated up to 180˚ and offers 3 tilt adjustments of 0˚, 45˚, and 90˚
Note: Bluetooth hands-free phone calls are not supported. Bluetooth functionality is only for control and audio streaming.
Smart EQ: All of the DSEQ505BT's functions are controlled with the Smart EQ App which includes:
- Source Selection: Allows selection of either Head Unit, when using the line inputs, and BT Streaming audio sources.
- 7-Band EQ: A graphic EQ with adjustments for 62Hz, 157Hz, 396Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, 6.3kHz, and 16kHz is provided. Each frequency band can be adjusted by +/-15dB using either the graphic fader or up/down buttons for incremental steps.
- Presets: Twenty EQ Presets are available, 17 pre-configured ranging from Acoustic to Voice Booster, and 3 User assignable presets for storing your own EQ settings.
- Fade/Balance: Two graphic faders are provided for adjusting the Fade and Balance of the output signal, when using both front and rear pre-outs. The orientation of the focal point is depicted on an X/Y graphic display.
- Subwoofer: A single graphic fader allows individual adjustment of the Subwoofer output level.
- Volume Offset: Only available when using the High-Level Inputs, this can used to correct uneven volume levels.
Inputs & Outputs: The DSEQ505BT features 2 input channels and 6 output channels.
- Inputs: These include a pair of RCA low-level jacks as well as a removable terminal block for high-level inputs, allowing the Smart EQ Processor to be used with factory headunits or radios with no pre-out jacks. The terminal block features set-screw connectors that can accept wire up to 14 AWG.
- Outputs: These consist of 6 RCA jacks configured in pairs for Front, Rear, and Subwoofer. Output signals are pre-amp level and will require an amplifier or powered speaker (sold separately).
Signal Sensing & Remote Outputs: The DSEQ505BT features signal sensing technology for automatic activation from an input signal on either the Line-Input jacks or via a Bluetooth Audio signal. Two Remote Output jacks, on a removable connector, are provided for triggering outboard amplifiers. Set-screw terminals for both can accept up to 14 AWG wire.
Power/Ground: A 4-pin Molex connector with 12" of bare-ended 18 AWG wire is provided for power and ground.
- Yellow: +12VDC Battery
- Red: +12VDC Ignition Power
- Black: Ground
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?