About the Dual XGPS150A
Increase your device's GPS accuracy — anywhere
Increase your device's GPS accuracy — anywhere
If you enjoy using your smartphone, tablet, or laptop on the go, you're probably into cool GPS-enabled apps, like navigation, geocaching, aviation, golfing, and more. Or perhaps you just like using your device to find a bite to eat nearby or to let your friends on social media know where you are. But sometimes your device's GPS capabilities leave a lot to be desired — especially if you've got a Wi-Fi® only tablet or iPod touch®, where they're nonexistent — and that's where Dual's XGPS150A universal GPS receiver can really save the day.
The compact XGPS150A receiver communicates GPS information to your portable device using Bluetooth. It works with a large variety of portables, including all iOS devices with Bluetooth: iPhone® 3G and newer; all iPad® models; and iPod touches 2nd generation and newer; plus many other smartphones and tablets. It features a built-in rechargeable battery to stay energized. Once you've done an initial setup with your device, this little Dual receiver pairs up automatically so you can get going without any annoying delays.
The XGPS150A receiver goes nearly anywhere with the included non-slip pad.
Get your app on
Dual offers its own free Bluetooth GPS utility app for using the XGPS150A — download the app to your device and you'll be able to check the receiver's status, including the number of satellites the receiver is picking up, the signal strength of each satellite, battery level, and device connection confirmation. The receiver includes a non-skid pad for use in the car, plane, train, or boat, plus an adjustable two-piece strap for your bag that doubles as an armband so you can take the receiver with you on the go. Maximum range is 33 feet, giving you plenty of flexibility for placement.
Once you're up and running, you can use hundreds of compatible GPS- and location-based apps on your device with confidence, as the Dual receiver dramatically improves GPS accuracy. If you're using a Wi-Fi-only tablet or laptop, this receiver supplies GPS info so you can use navigation apps in your car without having to use 3G or 4G signals. You'll find new and exciting uses for your apps, including those mentioned above as well as marine, running, hiking, cycling, and more. A list of fully tested compatible apps can be found at Dual's website.
Ready to roam
The receiver locates your position anywhere around the world in under 30 seconds when properly placed, and updates position at least once per second. Since you're not using your device's built-in GPS receiver, you'll extend battery life on your device when it's connected to the XGPS150A. The Dual's battery lasts up to 8.5 hours on a full charge, and you can conveniently power up with the included USB cable or 12-volt adapter. The receiver's also built to withstand splashing, extreme temperatures, rapid speeds, and high altitudes.
- universal Bluetooth GPS receiver
- built-in rechargeable battery with up to 8.5 hours of life
- 12-volt charger, USB charging cable, non-slip dashboard pad, and two-piece adjustable strap/armband included
- works with most Bluetooth-enabled devices, including Apple iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone, plus Android, BlackBerry®, and Windows® tablets and smartphones
- compatible with Dual Bluetooth GPS Status Tool app for showing receiver GPS diagnostics on your device
- compatible with hundreds of location-based apps, including car and marine navigation, aviation, golfing, geocaching, fitness, and social media
- pairs automatically to one device at a time after initial setup
- GPS accuracy: +/- 2.5 meters
- Bluetooth range: 33 feet
- dimensions: 2-1/4"H x 2-1/4"W x 3/4"D
- weight: 1.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XGPS150A
What's in the box:
- Universal Bluetooth GPS receiver
- Rubber mounting pad
- 12V power/cigarette lighter adapter
- 62" mini-USB to USB cable
- 2 Nylon straps
- Owner's Manual
More details on the Dual XGPS150A
Overview: The Dual XGPS150A is an add-on GPS receiver which connects to various portable devices via Bluetooth. The XGPS150A searches for GPS satellite signals to determine your location anywhere in the world (all over the globe). It then can transmit your location information to various kinds of devices with Bluetooth connectivity and support for Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP). The transmitted GPS signal can be used by many applications on your Bluetooth-enabled device. Supported devices include:
- Apple iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th/5th gen), iPhone (3G/3GS/4/4S/5), iPad (1/2/3/4) *ideal for WiFi only iPad and touch devices without GPS
- Android smartphones, tablets (requires helper app from Google Play)
- Blackberry smartphones
- Windows laptops or Mac OS X notebooks
- Plus other Bluetooth-enabled (SPP) devices
Note: There is a mode switch (next to the mini-USB connector) on the XGPS150A which must be set based on what type of device you are using (see page 5 of manual for settings).
Improved GPS Accuracy w/ Less Battery Drain: Even though your Apple iOS, Android or Blackberry device may already have built-in GPS, the Dual portable GPS receiver will give you improved GPS accuracy. Also, using the add-on XGPS150A GPS receiver, dramatically reduces the battery drain on your smartphone or tablet; that means more talking/texting for you and less time being connected to a power outlet.
High-Sensitivity GPS Receiver: The Dual XGPS150A features a built-in 65-channel SkyTraq GPS chipset (WAAS/EGNOS enabled) which can access your location within +/- 2.5 meters in 25-29 seconds.
Bluetooth Technology: The XGPS150A features built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR) with support for Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP). The XGPS150A transmits its GPS signal to your compatible Bluetooth-enabled device wirelessly. Bluetooth has a range of up to 33' (battery level drops can cause decrease in range and performance).
Pairing: Pairing is the initial process of connecting your Bluetooth device with the XGPS150A to allow them to communicate with one another. You will need to go through this pairing process the first time you use the XGPS150A with your Bluetooth-enabled device. Once the XGPS150A is paired your device, the two devices will remember their connection with one another. When powered on, the XGPS150A will automatically try to reconnect to the last device it was paired with. Once the XGPS150A is paired with your Bluetooth-enabled device, you can immediately begin using apps that utilize GPS information.
Compatible GPS Apps: The Dual XGPS150A portable GPS receiver is compatible with most GPS apps for your Apple iOS, Android, or Blackberry device; including Car Navigation, Marine Navigation, Hiking/Tracking, Cycling/Running/Fitness, Aviation, Golfing, Geocaching, Social Networking, Performance, and POI (points-of interest) apps. Click here for a sample list of compatible apps.
Dual GPS App (for Apple iOS): The free Dual Bluetooth GPS Status Tool app for Apple iOS devices is a simple utility application for the XGPS150A. This app shows detailed information from the GPS receiver onto your Apple iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (running iOS 4.0 or later); including:
- The number of GPS satellites in view and their signal strength.
- Your current location, or an indication that the device is still waiting for satellite information.
- Whether or not the GPS receiver is actively connected to the iPod touch/iPhone/iPad.
- The batter level of the GPS receiver.
- Whether or not the GPS receiver is charging.
Note: Installation of this app is optional. You do not have to install this app in order to make the GPS receiver work with your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
LED Indicators: The Dual XGPS150A features 3 LED indicators.
- Low Battery: This light will flash red when the batter level is low and the device requires charging. During charging, the light will glow red and it will change to green when charging is complete. This light is normally off while the XGPS150A is running.
- Bluetooth Status: This blue light will indicates whether the XPGS150A is searching for a device to connect to, negotiating a connection with a device, or has successfully paired to a device. A slow flash (approximately once per second) indicates the XGPS150A is available to connect to another device. A quick flash (approximately 5x per second) briefly happens when the XGPS150A is pairing with another device. A solid glow indicates that the XGPS150A has successfully paired and is communicating with another device.
- GPS Status: The GPS indicator will flash while the XGPS150A is searching for satellite signals. The light will change to a steady green when your location is successfully determined. When paired with an iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad; the GPS status light will not illuminate until an app is actively requesting GPS information.
Rechargeable Battery: The Dual XGPS150A features a built-in rechargeable battery which can last up to 8.5 hours. The rechargeable battery can be charged via the mini-USB connector and the supplied 62" mini-USB to USB cable. Simply plug the included cable into the XGPS150A and a free USB port on your computer, or plug the cable into the supplied 12V power adapter an insert it into your vehicle's 12-volt power port. It takes approximately 2.5 hours to fully charge the battery.
Non-Slip Mounting Pad: The XGPS150A includes a non-slip pad for use in your vehicle. Place the XGPS150A in a location with a clear view of the sky, such as the dashboard of your car.
Two-Piece Arm Band: A two-piece armband is also included for using the XGPS150A during outside activities; such as jogging, hiking, or cycling.
1 question already asked