About the Dual XDMA760BT
You deserve Bluetooth®
You deserve Bluetooth®
If you're carrying a smartphone in your pocket or purse, you're ready to take advantage of all the potential benefits of Bluetooth when you're in the car. If you don't have a car stereo with Bluetooth, you can upgrade with Dual's XDMA760BT CD receiver, and you'll love the results (and how little it'll cost you!). This Dual's 3" LCD display offers sharp-looking graphics, making this car stereo a nice addition to your dash.
Enter the hands-free zone
Think about it. No more distractions when you get that important call while driving. Press a button on the receiver and just carry on a conversation. And that podcast you're dying to finish? You can start listening the moment you start the car. With Bluetooth streaming audio, you won't even have to plug in.
USB and you
The handy front-panel USB input supports iPhones® and iPods® — plug in and you'll have easy access to your favorite playlists, artists, podcasts, as well as control of your Pandora® account. And you can use the USB to plug in thumb drives loaded with MP3 and WMA music files as well. If you're not an iOS user, the auxiliary input handles the audio output from other phones or music players. If you love your CD collection, there's no reason to leave them at home. Slide in your favorite discs, whether store-bought or home-burned.
Kick up the sound
You've got seven easy-to-use preset EQ curves for adjusting the sound, or you can play sound engineer with the 3-band parametric equalizer. Three pairs of preamp outputs let you build a full-blown system with amps for your front and rear speakers, plus your subwoofer.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- detachable face with 3" LCD display
- plays MP3 and WMA files
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility):
- Pandora control with iPhone
- iPhone control through USB
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 3-band parametric equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- low-pass filter
- subwoofer level control
- inputs: front (minijack) auxiliary input, front USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDMA760BT
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Detachable face-plate (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 2 Removal tools
- 8 ISO-mount screws
- Rear-support bolt
- Lock washer
- Quick Start Guide
Dual XDMA760BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDMA760BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Bluetooth Technology: The Dual XDMA760BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the XDMA760BT. Multiple devices can be paired to the unit, but only one can be used at a time. The Dual XDMA760BT is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone and Android smartphones.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Dual XDMA760BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. An integrated front-panel microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's number will display on the front-panel LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel by pressing the "phone" button.
- Making A Call: You can manually dial a phone number using the included remote control's 0-9 keypad. You can also select phone numbers from recent calls dialed, received, or missed. In addition, you can quickly redial the last phone number called. The unit does not support phonebook transfer or voice dialing.
Note: The Dual XDMA760BT does not support connection of an external microphone.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The XDMA760BT also supports Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP, allowing you to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled source device player through the Dual receiver. Playback controls (including Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track) can be operated from the head-units front-panel. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices. Advanced music navigation and song/artist information is still done from your Bluetooth device.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
CD Compatibility: The Dual XDMA760BT head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
USB Port: The Dual XDMA760BT is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) a USB enabled electronic device, such as your smartphone.
Music File Compatibility: The Dual XDMA760BT supports the following types of music recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, Yellow Book Mode 1/Mode 2, Multi-Sessions||FAT/FAT32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: sampling frequency of 8-48kHz with bit-rate
of 32-320kbps |
WMA: sampling frequency of 32-48kHz with bit-rate of 32-192kbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||500 folders/999 files||500 folders/5,000 files|
|Tags||MP3 ID3 Tags, WMA Tags|
Playback Features: The XDMA760BT offers playback features such as Repeat, Random and Intro scan.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto-Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual XDMA760BT's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual CD receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual XDMA760BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 1/25/2018):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDMA760BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Dual XDMA760BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable supplied with your iPhone. The XDMA760BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual XDMA760BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the XDMA760BT are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the XDMA760BT are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
2V/6Ch Preamp Outputs: The Dual XDMA760BT is equipped with three pair of 2-Volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Sub). The front and rear preamp outputs are fadining, while the sub preamp output is non-fading.
Subwoofer Control: When the subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the output level (0-12) of the sub preamp output. You can also set the low-pass crossover to 80, 120, 160Hz, or Through (full-range).
Equalizer: The Dual CD Receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, & Treble manually. EQ settings are stored for each source.
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||-6 to +6|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||-6 to +6|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||-6 to +6|
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, CD, Aux, Bluetooth, USB, iPod, Pandora). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Program Volume: You can set the XDMA760BT to power-on to the same volume level (0-30) every time.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
Detachable Fold-Down Face: The Dual XDMA760BT features a manual fold-down face-plate. The head unit needs 1.75" of clearance in front of it for the face-plate to fold down. The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit.
3" LCD Screen: The Dual XDMA760BT features a 3" QVGA (320x24) TFT LCD screen with 3D-like background graphics. The 3" screen provides enough room to display song, artist, and album information at the same time. You can adjust the color, contrast, and brightness of the LCD screen.
Text Scroll: You can change the scrolling style used for displayed information on the LCD screen. Choose from Off (no scrolling), Once (scrolls once), 15 Secs (scrolls once per 15 seconds), and On (constantly scrolls).
12/24 Hour Clock: The unit's built-in clock can be set to 12-hour or 24-hour mode.
Demo Mode: You can enable or disable the units demonstration mode.
Wireless Remote Control: The XDMA760BT comes supplied with an 18-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual CD Receiver.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features a 3.5mm steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
11 questions already asked