About the Dual XDMAR6720
There are plenty of good reasons to get a new car stereo: Bluetooth®, a USB input with iPhone® and iPod® compatibility, better sound — the list goes on. But don't dismiss style. After all, it's cool to have a sharp-looking new addition to your ride, and Dual's XDMAR6720 CD receiver totally fits the bill.
The XDMAR6720's multi-line LCD display offers up all the info you need for easy control and access to your music. You can adjust the display and buttons to any of 31 preset colors — or create your own custom color.
Enter the hands-free zone
Built in Bluetooth® means no more distractions when you get that important call while driving. Press a button on the receiver and just carry on a conversation. And that podcast you're dying to finish? You can start listening the moment you start the car. With Bluetooth streaming audio you won't even have to plug in.
Plenty of musical options
The handy front-panel USB input supports your iPhone® or iPod® — plug in for easy access to your favorite playlists, artists, or podcasts. If you're not an Apple user, front and rear auxiliary inputs handle the audio output from other phones or music players. You can use the USB port to plug in thumb drives loaded with MP3 and WMA music files as well. And, if you store your music on SD cards, you'll find a slot behind the detachable face. Slide in your favorite CDs, whether store-bought or home-burned.
Radio that slays
SiriusXM satellite radio offers an unparalleled selection of music, news, sports, and entertainment programming that you can enjoy wherever your travels take you. This Dual is SiriusXM-ready®, so all you need is a subscription and a SiriusXM tuner to experience the awesomeness.
Kick up the sound
You've got seven easy-to-use preset EQ curves for adjusting the sound, and three pairs of preamp outputs make it easier to build out a complete system with amps for the front and rear speakers, along with your subwoofer.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- detachable face with LCD display
- variable button and display colors (31 preset colors)
- remote control
- iPhone control through USB
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, plus USB memory devices and SD cards
- bass and treble controls with seven preset tone settings
- subwoofer level control
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front (minijack) and rear (RCA) auxiliary inputs, front USB input, SD card slot (behind front panel)
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDMAR6720
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Detachable face-plate (inside face-case)
- Wiring harness
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V battery
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 9.5' cable terminated by a mono-3.5mm connector)
- 2 Removal tools
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Rear-support bolt
- Lock washer
- Hard plastic face-case
- Installation/Owner's Manual
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Dual XDMAR6720 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDMAR6720
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front, RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB. SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Bluetooth Technology: The Dual XDMAR6720 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the XDMAR6720. Multiple devices can be paired to the unit, but only one can be used at a time. When in wireless range, the head unit will automatically connect with the last paired device. The Dual XDMAR6720 is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone and Android smartphones.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External Mic): The Dual XDMAR6720 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's number will display on the front-panel LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel by pressing the "phone" button. Or, you can set the unit to automatically answer a call after 2-3 rings.
- Making A Call: You can manually dial a phone number using the included remote control's 0-9 keypad. You can also select phone numbers from recent calls dialed, received, or missed. In addition, you can quickly redial the last phone number called. The unit does not support phonebook transfer or voice dialing.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The XDMAR6720 also supports Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP, allowing you to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled source device player through the Dual receiver. Playback controls (including Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track) can be operated from the head-units front-panel. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices. Advanced music navigation and song/artist information is still done from your Bluetooth device.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
CD Compatibility: The Dual XDMAR6720 head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Auto-Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
SD-Card Slot: The head unit features a front-panel SD-card slot hidden behind its detachable face-plate. The face-plate must be removed to access the SD-card slot. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a SD memory card (up to 16GB).
USB Port: The Dual XDMAR6720 is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 32GB). The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) a USB enabled electronic device, such as your smartphone.
Music File Compatibility: The Dual XDMAR6720 supports the following types of music recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)/SD-Card (16GB)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, Yellow Book Mode 1/Mode 2, Multi-Sessions||FAT/FAT32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: sampling frequency of 8-48kHz with bit-rate
of 32-320kbps |
WMA: sampling frequency of 32-48kHz with bit-rate of 32-192kbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 folders/999 files||255 folders/5,000 files|
|Tags||MP3 ID3 Tags, WMA Tags|
Playback Features: The XDMAR6720 offers playback features such as Repeat, Random and Intro scan.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual XDMAR6720's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual CD receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual XDMAR6720 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/29/2018):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The XDMAR6720 features dual auxiliary inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player. There is also a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting a permanent external audio device.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Dual XDMAR6720 is SiriusXM Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Direct Channel input allows you to directly enter a station number using the remote control
- Information such as Channel Name w/ Channel Art, Artist Name, and Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's display
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDMAR6720 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, scan (5 sec), and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual XDMAR6720 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the XDMAR6720 are as follows -
- CTA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the XDMAR6720 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/6Ch Preamp Outputs: The Dual XDMAR6720 provides 6-channels (Front/Rear/Sub) of 2-volt preamp outputs for connection of an external amplifier or amplifiers. The Front & Rear preamp outputs are fading, while the Sub preamp outputs are non-fading. The sub preamp output offers a level control that can be adjusted from 0-12. The subwoofer preamp output does not have a built-in low pass crossover.
Equalizer: The Dual CD Receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's Bass & Treble. EQ settings are stored for each source.
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, CD, Aux, Bluetooth, USB, SD, iPod). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Program Volume: You can set the Dual head unit to power-on to the same volume level (0-30) every time.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
Detachable Face: The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft. A hard-plastic face-case is included to store the detachable face. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
Variable Color Illumination: You can adjust the LCD and button illumination between 31 preset colors, create a custom RGB color, or have the receiver automatically cycle through all preset colors. You can set a different color selection for Night & Day, adjust the dimmer level (High/Medium/Low), and select between a Positive or Negative illumination type. The LCD and button illumination will always be the same color selection and brightness level.
Text Scroll: You can change the scrolling style used for displayed information on the LCD screen. Choose from Off (no scrolling), Once (scrolls once), 15 Secs (scrolls once per 15 seconds), Page (cycles by default) and On (constantly scrolls).
12/24 Hour Clock: The unit's built-in clock can be set to 12-hour or 24-hour mode. You can also set the clock display to turn off with the receiver, or have the clock display remain on when the receiver is turned off and your vehicle's key is in the accessory or on position.
Demo Mode: You can enable or disable the units demonstration mode.
Wireless Remote Control: The XDMAR6720 comes supplied with an 18-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual CD Receiver.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features a 3.5mm steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional PAC or Metra adapter (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
5 questions already asked