About the Dual MCP105S
Get better sound in your boat
Get better sound in your boat
Upgrading your boat's sound system is a great way to make every day on the water a little bit better. With this marine audio combo from Dual, you can upgrade your system without emptying your wallet. This package includes a marine-rated digital media receiver, a set of weather-resistant 6-1/2" marine speakers, an antenna, a floating remote control, and even mounting hardware. You'll get great sound, marine-rated reliability, and plenty of cool features.
Made for marine use
There's no CD player in Dual's MCP105 receiver, so you can leave your discs at home and start enjoying your much larger (and lighter!) digital music collection on the water. You can play music stored on a USB drive, plug an portable player into the minijack aux input, or fold down the faceplate and insert an SD card.
The package includes a durable rubber AM/FM antenna, which you can install out of sight to keep up with news, sports, and weather on your favorite stations. If you want to connect an external amp, you'll find a set of 2-volt RCA outputs.
Rugged and reliable
Dual designed the MCP105 to handle the extremes of life on the water, with a UV-resistant exterior that resists fading and a conformal-coated PC board that resists corrosion. It blends into most boat interiors and offers an impressive list of features. All the openings are protected from salt and spray when not in use.
The fold-down faceplate features a 10-character black-on-white display that's easy to read day or night. When you leave your boat at the dock, you can detach the face and store it until you're ready to head out again.
All this, and speakers, too
The included Dual DMP670 marine speakers pair up perfectly with this receiver. These durable 6-1/2" dual-cone speakers provide plenty of punch and excellent clarity. They're designed to resist sun and spray, so you'll enjoy great sound for seasons to come.
Installation notes: This marine radio is water-resistant, but we recommend mounting it in a water-resistant enclosure or using a cover for best performance.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- package includes a Dual MCP105 receiver, a hideaway antenna, and a pair of DMP670 6-1/2" marine speakers
Dual MCP105 digital media receiver (won't play CDs)
- marine digital media receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels)
- AM/FM receiver
- detachable face
- front-panel USB input charges most devices; works with thumb drives
- front-panel 3.5mm aux input for MP3 and other music players
- SD card slot behind flip-down faceplate (supports up to 32GB)
- waterproof, conformal coated circuit boards
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input and USB port, rear aux inputs (RCA), SD card slot behind fold-out face
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs
- includes hideaway antenna and floating remote control
- chassis width: 7-3/16"
- chassis height: 2-1/8"
- nose width: 7-7/16"
- nose height: 2-5/16"
- warranty: 2 years
DMP670 marine speakers
- 6-1/2" marine speakers with white grilles
- dual cone design
- power rating: 20 watts RMS (100 watts peak)
- made for marine use
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- frequency response: 45-15,000 Hz
- top mount depth: 2.13"
- cutout diameter: 5-1/8"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MCP105S
What's in the box:
- Dual MXD105:
- Marine digital media receiver
- Detachable face (attached)
- Trim-ring (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness (10A fuse)
- Remote control (IR20IPX7)
- Lanyard (for remote)
- 40" AM/FM wire antenna
- 4 Small ISO-screws
- 4 Large ISO-screws
- Rear-support stud
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
- Dual SG3/SG/G5:
- Marine splash guard
- Rubber gasket
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Hex-nuts
- 4 Lock-washers
- Installation/Owner's Manual
- Dual DMP672:
- 2 Marine dual-cone speakers
- 2 Grilles (attached)
- Two 12' lengths of speaker wire
- 8 Screws
- Grille removal tool
- Installation/Owner's Manual
Dual MCP105S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual MCP105S
Marine Certified: The Dual MXD105 marine digital media receiver is specifically designed and built to last in harsh marine environments.
- Conformal Coating: A transparent protective film is applied to surfaces of all interior printed circuit boards. This additional layer of defense guards against dust, condensation, and corrosion; ensuring maximum longevity in demanding marine installations.
- UV Resistant Construction: The faceplate and other exposed elements of the receiver are carefully injection-molded using high-temperature ultra-violet resistant resins, preventing them from breaking down in the sun and give you peace of mind to enjoy your music on the water.
- EDP Chassis: Applied using an electrical charge, EDP (Electrophoretically Deposited Paint) offers unparalleled protections against corrosion and rust resistance. All exterior metal surface including cassis, heatsink, and mounting sleeve undergo this process to ensure a long life in the marine environment.
- PET Wrapped Chassis: This tough, dirt and moisture-resistant layer of PET (polyethylene) wraps the top and the sides of the entire chassis; providing additional measure of protection from the harsh marine elements.
- Silicone Covers: Injected from high-grade silicone, these removable covers guard the receiver's front-panel USB port and 3.5mm input, protecting them from water splashes and debris. A convenient tether provides and attachment to the receiver, ensuring the covers are removable but won't get lost.
- Cutout Dimensions: 7.8125" (w) x 2.6875" (h) x 0.625" (d)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 9.8125" (w) x 4.4375" (h) x 1.5" (d)
- Screw-Hole Spacing: 4 screw holes spaced 9.0625" (w) x 2.0625" (h)
Detachable Face: The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft (no face case provided). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
Positive LCD Screen: The vibrant positive-type LCD screen provides enhanced visibility under the toughest boating environments. High-contrast black characters on a white background ensure readability in any situation from total darkness to direct sunlight.
Remote Control: The included 6-button IR remote control has been designed to float and to be IPX7 waterproof during short water immersion (up to 3' deep for less than 30 minutes).
SD Card Slot: The Dual digital media receiver is fitted with a front-panel SD-card slot that is hidden behind the head unit's detachable face-plate. The SD card slot supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on SD and SDHC memory cards (up to 32GB).
USB Input: The Dual digital media receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB). The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) your USB devices during connection.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of an Apple iOS or Android OS device.
Supported Media Files: The MP3/WMA music files stored on your USB mass storage device or SD/SDHC memory card must meet the following requirements for proper playback on this head unit.
|Compatible Files||MP3, WMA|
|Sampling Frequency||MP3: 8-48khz, WMA: 8-48khz|
|Bit Rate||MP3: 8-320kbps, WMA: 8-384kbps|
|ID3 Tag Support||MP3 Tags: version 1.0-2.0, WMA Tags|
|File Folder Limit||512 folders/1,024 files|
Playback & Search Functions: When a USB memory device or SD/SDHC memory card is first connected, playback will begin automatically. The head unit also offers the following playback & search features for MP3/WMA music files stored on your USB memory device or SD/SDHC memory card.
- Play/Pause: Play or pause tracks.
- Folder Access: Selects previous or next folder.
- Intro: Plays the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
- Track Select: Skip to the beginning of the next rack or return to the beginning of the previous track.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: Fast forward or reverse through a selected track.
- Repeat: Continuously repeat the current track or device.
- Random: Plays all tracks on the device or in the current folder in random order.
Note: MP3/WMA playback sequence is based on order the files are copied to the USB device or SD memory card and begins in the root folder. Any empty folders or folders that do not include MP3/WMA files are skipped. Depending on your software, the playback order may vary.
Aux Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual marine head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning. A 40" wired AM/FM antenna is included.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the head unit are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for this head unit are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/2Ch Preouts: The Dual marine receiver features 2-channels of 2-volt preouts (R/Sub) to connect an external amplifier. Theses preouts can be used for fading rear channels or non-fading subwoofer channels. There is no level control or built-in LPF crossover.
Equalizer: The Dual digital media receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Rock, or Off) to customize your music listening. The Off mode allows you to manually adjust the receiver's Bass & Treble settings.
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes. This feature can be turned On or Off.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
Marine Speakers: Included in this marine package is a pair of marine-rated speakers (DMP672). The speakers feature a 2-way design with a 6.5" injection-molded polypropylene cone woofer with a poly-coated cloth surround and a 1" cone tweeter. The speakers offer a frequency response of 45-15kHz and can handle up to 20 watts (RMS) or 100 watts (peak). The speakers are rated at 4-ohm with a sensitivity rating of 88dB (1W/1M). The marine speakers feature a white plastic frame and include white plastic grilles that are detachable; both are UV-resistant. Dimensions are as follows -
- Mounting Height: 1.0625"
- Mounting Depth: 2.125"
- Frame Diameter: 7.125"
- Cut Out Diameter: 5.125"
- Bolt Pattern: 4 screw holes that are 4.5" apart (stainless steel hardware is provided)
Note: Two 12' lengths of speaker wire are included.
2 questions already asked