About the Dual MGH17BT
Small but mighty
Small but mighty
Dual's MGH17BT marine digital media receiver packs a lot of cool features into a compact design that fits a standard 3" gauge-style opening. Built-in Bluetooth® allows you to stream music from your phone or any other compatible device. You can also connect to the rear USB or AUX inputs, or tune into AM/FM/WB radio stations.
IPX6 watertight, UV-stable face
This marine-rated receiver's 10-character black-on-white display tells you what you're listening to with just a glance, while the IPX6 watertight, UV-stable face and controls will stand up to sun, salt and moisture. The zero current-draw memory backup keeps all your settings if your battery goes down, and the USB input can even charge your device while you're underway.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- fits standard 3" gauge openings
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming
- remote control
- marine-rated watertight face
- IP66 waterproof rating
- low battery indicator
- zero-current memory saves presets even when battery's disconnected
- 3-band EQ with 5 EQ presets
- plays MP3 files on USB drives
- inputs: rear charging USB input; rear AUX input (RCA)
- outputs: 2-channel 2-volt preamp outputs
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier —16 watts RMS CTA-2006 (60 peak) x 4 channels
- 10-character black and white LCD display
- AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MGH17BT
What's in the box:
- Marine receiver (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- IR remote (CR2025 battery installed)
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Mounting bolts
- 2 Lock washers
- 2 Hex nuts
- Foam gasket
- Quick Start Guide
Dual MGH17BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual MGH17BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Display Color||Bluish white|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Marine Certified: The Dual MGH17BT marine receiver is specifically designed and built to last in harsh marine environments and is ASTM B117 and ASTM D4329 compliant.
- IP66 Waterproof: Designed to meet IP66 waterproof standards, the receiver will not fail or allow water seepage when exposed to heavy splashing or rain.
- Conformal Coating: A transparent protective film is applied to surfaces of all interior printed circuit boards. This additional layer of defense guards against dust, condensation, and corrosion; ensuring maximum longevity in demanding marine installations.
- UV Resistant Construction: The faceplate and other exposed elements of the receiver are carefully injection-molded using high-temperature ultra-violet resistant resins, preventing them from breaking down in the sun and give you peace of mind to enjoy your music on the water.
LCD Screen: The Dual MGH17BT features a front-panel, 10-character LCD screen with a bluish white backlight.
Gauge Hole Installation: The Dual MGH17BT is designed to perfectly fit in your boat's console gauge opening or requires a round cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. The integrated protective gasket, supplied U-bracket, and included hardware secure the unit in place against the mounting surface.
- Cutout Dimensions: 3.015" (diameter) x 4.395" (depth)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 4.065" (diameter) x 0.865" (depth)
Note: The receiver is round and does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard automotive installation.
Zero Current Draw: This receiver has a zero current draw, with memory backup to save your boat's battery while still backing up your presets and keeping time.
Remote Control: The Dual MGH17BT comes with an IR remote and features a 3.5mm wired remote input.
- Remote Control: The Dual marine receiver comes supplied with an 17-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual marine receiver.
- Wired Remote Input: The MGH17BT is outfitted with a 3.5mm wired remote input for connecting Dual's MRF40 RF remote receiver and controller (sold separately).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Dual MGH17BT features built-in Bluetooth version 2.1 with support for Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) and music control (AVRCP). The MGH17BT allows you to play back stored music and streamed music from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control (Play/Pause/Skip) the music stored on your Bluetooth audio player from the MGH17BT. Advanced music navigation and song/artist/album information is still done from your Bluetooth source device. The unit can only be paired and connected to one device at a time.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB Input: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The head unit supports playback of MP3 music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. You can operate File/Folder Search, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat, and Intro (10-sec) functions from the head unit's front-panel controls. The unit will also display song/artist information (no album art). The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 5V/1A) a USB devices during connection.
|USB File System||FAT or FAT32|
|Compatible File Types||MP3: 8kHz-48kHz sampling frequency; 32kbps-320kbps bit-rate|
|File/Folder Limit||500 Folders / 50,000 Files / 50,000 Files in each Folder|
|ID3 Tag Support||MP3 Tags (version 1.0-2.4)|
Note: The USB port does not support Apple iOS devices, Android OS devices, USB-hubs, or USB card-readers.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual marine head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets. You can choose between USA or European tuning.
Weatherband Tuner: The MGH17BT is equipped with a built-in Weatherband tuner. Use the weatherband tuner to stay one steop ahead of storms while out on the water.
Aux Input: The marine receiver features a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting an external marine audio device.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the head unit are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for this head unit are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/2Ch Preamp Outputs: The MGH17BT features a pair of 2-volt preamp outputs to connect an external amplifier. The preamp outputs fade with the front speaker outputs and cannot be set to non-fading.
Equalizer: The receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Rock, Beat, Classic, Pop, Jazz, & Off) to customize your music listening. The Off mode lets you manually adjust Bass & Treble to your preference.
Loudness: Activating the Loudness feature will enhance the bass and treble frequencies when listening to music at low volumes.
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can program the unit to always turn on at a specific volume level (1-30).
Beep Confirmation: Each time a button is pressed on the unit's front-panel a beep confirmation will be heard through your connected speakers. This feature can be turned or off.
1 question already asked