About the Dual MGH20
Compact design, big performance
Compact design, big performance
Dual's MGH20 marine digital media receiver gives you a lot of great features in a compact design that fits into a standard tachometer opening. The rear USB port offers direct control for an iPod® or iPhone®, and you can play your favorite playlists from Pandora. You can also plug in an Android™ phone or thumb drive and enjoy crystal-clear music playback. And you can use the receiver's rear AUX input for just about any other digital music player.
Made for your boat – and for boating
The MGH20 includes a pair of rear-mounted preamp RCA outputs, so you can expand your system with a marine amp in the future. The LED display tells you what you're listening to with just a glance, while the watertight, UV-stable face and controls will stand up to sun, salt and moisture when you're riding the waves. The zero current-draw memory back-up helps preserve your boat's battery, too.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- fits standard tachometer openings
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/60 peak x 4)
- direct USB control for iPod and iPhone
- works with Pandora Internet Radio app
- remote control
- marine-rated watertight face
- low battery indicator
- zero-current memory saves presets even when battery's disconnected
- 3-band equalizer
- Source Volume Level features lets you match the level of different sources
- inputs: rear USB input; rear AUX input
- 2-channel preamp outputs
Other Features and Specs:
- CTA-2006 compliant amplifier
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MGH20
What's in the box:
- Marine receiver (attached wiring harness)
- IR remote (CR2025 battery installed)
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Mounting bolts
- 2 Lock washers
- 2 Hex nuts
- Foam gasket
- Quick Start Guide
More details on the Dual MGH20
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|Full size||Classic/5th gen|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||No|
Marine Certified: The Dual MGH20 marine receiver is specifically designed and built to last in harsh marine environments.
- IPX6 Waterproof: The marine receiver is designed to meet the IPX 6 waterproof standards. The receiver will not fail or allow water seepage when exposed to heavy splashing or rain.
- Conformal Coating: A transparent protective film is applied to surfaces of all interior printed circuit boards. This additional layer of defense guards against dust, condensation, and corrosion; ensuring maximum longevity in demanding marine installations.
- UV Resistant Construction: The faceplate and other exposed elements of the receiver are carefully injection-molded using high-temperature ultra-violet resistant resins, preventing them from breaking down in the sun and give you peace of mind to enjoy your music on the water.
2-Line Positive-Type Display: The vibrant positive-type, 2-Line LCD provides enhanced visibility under the toughest boating environments. High-contrast black characters on a white background ensure readability in any situation; from total darkness to direct sunlight. The display brightness can be set to High, Medium, or Low.
Gauge Hole Installation: The Dual MGH20 is designed to perfectly fit in your boat's console gauge opening or requires a round cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. The integrated protective gasket, supplied U-bracket, and included hardware secure the unit in place against the mounting surface. Receiver dimensions:
- Overall: 4.075" (diameter) x 4.0625" (depth)
- Face-Plate: 4.075" (diameter) x 0.8125" (depth)
- Chassis Cutout: 3.015" (diameter) x 3.125" (depth)
Note: The receiver is round and does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard automotive installation.
Zero Current Draw: This receiver has a zero current draw, with memory backup to save your boat's battery while still backing up your presets and keeping time.
Remote Control: The Dual marine receiver comes supplied with an 17-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual digital media receiver.
USB Input: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select Android smartphones (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), portable digital audio players, or USB thumbdrives. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) your USB devices during connection.
iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual marine receiver's USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual digital media receiver.
- Bypass iPod DAC: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC).
- Music Navigation: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's (iOS 6.0+) touchscreen.
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Dual MGH20 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable supplied with your iPhone. The MGH20 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Shuffle: Shuffle allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your shuffle station selections on the iPhone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual MGH20 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 6/26/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora app||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual marine head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets.
Aux Input: The marine receiver features a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting an external marine audio device.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the head unit are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for this head unit are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/2Ch Preamp Outputs: The MGH20 features a pair of 2-volt preamp outputs to connect an external amplifier. The preamp outputs are fading and cannot be set to non-fading.
Equalizer: The receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Rock, Beat, Classic, Jazz, Flat, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode lets you manually adjust Bass, Mid, & Treble to your preference.
Loudness: Activating the Loudness feature will enhance the bass and treble frequencies when listening to music at low volumes.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, Aux, USB, iPod); depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked