About the Dual MGH37BT
Versatile performance from a compact package
Versatile performance from a compact package
Dual's MGH37BT marine digital media receiver gives you a lot of great features in a compact design that fits into a standard gauge opening. Built-in Bluetooth® allows you to stream music from your phone or any other compatible device. The receiver's 3" multi-line, full-color LCD display tells you what you're listening to with just a glance, while the IPX6 watertight, UV-stable face and controls will stand up to sun, salt and moisture when you're riding the waves.
App control for iPod® and Android™
The rear USB port offers direct control for iPods and iPhones, and you can play your favorite playlists from Pandora. You can also plug in an Android™ phone or thumb drive and enjoy crystal-clear music playback. Download the iPlug Smart Remote app on your Apple or Android phone and use Bluetooth connectivity to change the mode, station, song, volume, and settings directly from your phone. Plus, you can use the rear AUX input for just about any other digital music player.
Made for the boating life
The marine-rated MGH37BT includes a pair of rear-mounted preamp RCA outputs, so you can expand your system with a marine amp in the future. The zero current-draw memory back-up helps preserve your boat's battery, too.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- download the free iPlug Smart App to enjoy smartphone control
- works with Apple and Android phones
- fits standard gauge openings
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming
- direct USB control for iPod and iPhone
- works with Pandora Internet Radio app
- remote control
- marine-rated watertight face
- IPX6 waterproof rating
- low battery indicator
- zero-current memory saves presets even when battery's disconnected
- 7 EQ presets
- 3-band EQ with adjustable midpoints
- inputs: rear charging USB input; rear AUX input
- 2-channel 2-volt preamp outputs
Other Features and Specs:
- multi-line, full-color display
- AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/60 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MGH37BT
What's in the box:
- Marine receiver (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- IR remote (CR2025 battery installed)
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Mounting bolts
- 2 Lock washers
- 2 Hex nuts
- Foam gasket
- Quick Start Guide
- Speaker Zone Control note
More details on the Dual MGH37BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Marine Certified: The Dual MGH37BT marine receiver is specifically designed and built to last in harsh marine environments and is ASTM B117 and ASTM D4329 compliant.
- IPX6 Waterproof: Designed to meet IPX6 waterproof standards, the receiver will not fail or allow water seepage when exposed to heavy splashing or rain.
- Conformal Coating: A transparent protective film is applied to surfaces of all interior printed circuit boards. This additional layer of defense guards against dust, condensation, and corrosion; ensuring maximum longevity in demanding marine installations.
- UV Resistant Construction: The faceplate and other exposed elements of the receiver are carefully injection-molded using high-temperature ultra-violet resistant resins, preventing them from breaking down in the sun and give you peace of mind to enjoy your music on the water.
Vibrant LCD Screen: The vibrant positive-type LCD screen provides enhanced visibility under the toughest boating environments. High-contrast black characters on a white background ensure readability in any situation from total darkness to direct sunlight. This 3" multi-line LCD screen displays menus, audio, source, and song/artist/album information (no album art). You can manually adjust the LCD screen's contrast and brightness (0-50).
Gauge Hole Installation: The Dual MGH37BT is designed to perfectly fit in your boat's console gauge opening or requires a round cutout in the bulkhead for inserting the chassis. The integrated protective gasket, supplied U-bracket, and included hardware secure the unit in place against the mounting surface.
- Cutout Dimensions: 3.025" (diameter) x 3.145" (depth)
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 4.055" (diameter) x 0.845" (depth)
Note: The receiver is round and does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard automotive installation.
Zero Current Draw: This receiver has a zero current draw, with memory backup to save your boat's battery while still backing up your presets and keeping time.
Remote Control: The Dual marine receiver comes supplied with an 17-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual digital media receiver. It also supports Dual's MRF40 marine RF remote control (sold separately).
iPlug Smart App: The iPlug Smart App (for Apple iOS and Android OS) turns your compatible smartphone or tablet into a wireless remote control for the MGH37BT receiver. Your Apple iOS or Android device will need to be paired and connected to the Dual MGH37BT via Bluetooth. This app controls all of the primary functions of the marine stereo, including -
- Power On/Off & Source Selection
- Volume Up/Down & Mute
- AM/FM tuner Stations Search & Presets
- Bluetooth & USB Audio Playback Controls
- iPod/iPhone Playback Control
- Audio Menu Controls - Bass & Treble, Balance & Fader, EQ
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Dual MGH37BT features built-in Bluetooth version 2.1 with support for Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) and music control (AVRCP). The MGH37BT allows you to play back stored music and streamed music from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control (Play/Pause/Skip) the music stored on your Bluetooth audio player from the MGH37BT, as well as view song/artist info (no album art) on the receiver's display. The unit supports multi-device pairing, but can only connect to one device at a time. The receiver will automatically connect to the last paired device.
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB Input: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The head unit supports playback of MP3 music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. You can operate File/Folder Search, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat, and Intro (10-sec) functions from the head unit's front-panel controls. The unit will also display song/artist information (no album art). The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 5V/1A) a USB devices during connection.
|USB File System||FAT or FAT32|
|Compatible File Types||MP3: 8kHz-48kHz sampling frequency; 32kbps-320kbps bit-rate|
|File/Folder Limit||500 Folders / 50,000 Files / 50,000 Files in each Folder|
|ID3 Tag Support||MP3 Tags (version 1.0-2.4)|
iPod/iPhone Connection: The Dual marine receiver's USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual digital media receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit, or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title (no album art).
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (5V/1A) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual MGH37BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/5/2018):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual marine head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets. You can choose between USA or European tuning.
Aux & Camera Input: The marine receiver features a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting an external marine audio device. This marine receiver also features a composite video jack attached to rear chassis via a 6.5" pigtail for adding a marine-grade camera (sold separately).
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the head unit are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for this head unit are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
Zones 1-2: The receiver's front & rear speakers outputs can be used for Zone 1 (front speakers) and Zone 2 (rear speakers). You can turn both zones on, both zones off, or have both zones playing at the same time. The same audio source will be played back in both zones.
2V/2Ch Preamp Outputs: The MGH37BT features a pair of 2-volt preamp outputs to connect an external amplifier. The preamp outputs fade with the front speaker outputs and cannot be set to non-fading.
Equalizer: The receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Rock, Beat, Classic, Pop, Jazz, Flat, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode lets you manually adjust Bass, Mid, & Treble to your preference.
Loudness: Activating the Loudness feature will enhance the bass and treble frequencies when listening to music at low volumes.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows the gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, Aux, Bluetooth, USB, or iPod); depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can program the unit to always turn on at a specific volume level (1-30).
Beep Confirmation: Each time a button is pressed on the unit's front-panel a beep confirmation will be heard through your connected speakers. This feature can be turned or off.