About the Dual XDM6400BT
Dual's versatile XDM6400BT CD receiver puts the latest in connectivity and convenience in your dash. The included Dual Bluetooth adapter lets you conduct safe hands-free calls through your vehicle's speakers with a compatible phone a great idea in light of increasing legislation against in-hand cell phone use while driving. Mount the BTM60 on your visor for excellent call sound quality on both ends of the line.
Front-panel auxiliary and USB inputs offer convenient connections for your portable player, plug-and-play satellite radio, or thumb drive. The CD drive plays discs burned with your favorite MP3 or WMA files, so you can hit the road with your ultimate long-playing road trip mix. A set of preamp outputs supplies signal to an amplifier or powered sub.
The XDM6400BT's sturdy internal amp provides the power needed to fill your car with sound. You can adjust the audio with the five selectable EQ curves, or tweak the bass and treble to your personal taste. The audio memory saves the settings for each of your sources, so you'll get the sound you want whether you're listening to CDs, MP3s, radio, or an outboard source.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Bluetooth adapter included
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- 18 FM/12 AM presets
- detachable face
- 5 preset EQ settings
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input and USB slot
- outputs: one set of preamp outputs
BTM60 Bluetooth adapter (included)
- place and receive calls with your compatible phone and hear them over your vehicle's speakers
- supports the Bluetooth Handsfree Profile (HFP) and Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2dP)
- 9-3/4' cable attaches to your receiver
- attaches to your sun visor
- built-in noise-canceling microphone
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDM6400BT
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA receiver with 10-amp fuse and two transport screws installed in the chassis
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (has one set of preamp outputs)
- BTM60 Bluetooth module with attached 9.75' cable (terminated into an 8-pin DIN plug)
- Radio removal tools
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO-mount machine screws
- 4 Pan-head ISO-mount machine screws
- 3/4" Bolt with nut attached
- 5/8" Bolt with flat and split lock washers and nut attached
- Rear support bolt
- 1 Metal support strap
- Star lock washer
- Face-fixing screw
- Mounting clip
- Self-adhesive Dual logo badge
- Installation/Owner's Manual (English)
- Installation/Owner's Manual (French)
- Installation/Quick Start Guide (English)
- Installation/Quick Start Guide (Spanish)
Dual XDM6400BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDM6400BT
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2.0 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
CEA-2006 Compliant Amplifier: The Dual XDM6400BT features a CEA-2006 Compliant rated amplifier that offers 17 watts RMS x 4 channels in 4 ohms at 1% THD+N with a Signal-To-Noise Ratio of 80dBA. The headunit also features two sets of 2-volt preamp outputs for connecting an external amplifier.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play MP3 and WMA files that have been recorded with constant bit rate (MP3: 8-320 kbps/WMA: 32-192 kbps) or variable bit rate compression on CD-R and CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded using ISO 9660 level 1 or level 2, Yellow Book MODE 1, or Yellow Book MODE 2 FORM 1. In addition, this unit is compatible with ID3 Tag version 1.x. Discs should be recorded with a maximum of 256 folders and files and 8 folder levels.
SRAM Buffer: An internal SRAM buffer provides ESP (Electronic Skip Protection) to virtually eliminate skipping of your MP3/WMA CD-R/RW discs and allows alphanumeric or direct track search even while a song is currently playing.
DSP Processor: The headunit's powerful on-board DSP processor decodes MP3/WMA compressed audio files while maintaining near-CD sound quality.
MP3/WMA Search Modes: The preset buttons and other buttons on the front panel can be used for entering letters or numbers to assist you in locating specific MP3 or WMA files and folders. The following search functions can be performed by this unit:
- Direct File Select: search for specific file number
- Alphanumeric File/Folder Search: search for file or folder names by entering alphanumeric characters
- File/Folder Navigate: search for all available files within a folder
AM/FM Tuner: The headunit features a built-in AM/FM tuner which allows you to store up 18 FM and 12 AM station presets manually or automatically.
Auxiliary Input: There is a front-mounted 3.5mm auxiliary input on the headunit for connecting an external portable audio device such as a portable MP3 player. If you aren't using the aux input, it can be turned off in the menu so when you toggle through the sources aux doesn't appear.
Preset EQ Curves: You can choose from five preset curves: Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, and Rock. Any adjustment to the bass or treble settings automatically cancels the current EQ curve.
Bass And Treble: The headunit's Bass and Treble can be independently adjusted from -6 to +6 dB.
Loudness Curve: You can activate this feature to enhance the bass and treble frequencies when listening to music at low volumes.
Source Audio Memory: Individual bass and treble settings are retained in memory for AM, FM, CD, USB, AUX and Bluetooth modes. This allows you to save the Bass and Treble settings separately for each mode.
Turn-on Volume: You can preset the unit's volume when it is powered on. Each time the unit is turned on, the volume is reset to the preset level regardless of the volume level when the unit was last turned off.
Detachable Faceplate: The headunit features a detachable faceplate and comes supplied with a hard plastic carrying case.
Display Priority: You can set the unit to a source display or clock display priority. When set to source display priority, the radio tuner frequency, CD track/elapsed time, selected MP3/WMA information (track name, directory name, title, artist, or album), or Aux display will be displayed. The display priority is easily changed with the Display button.
12/24 Hour Clock: When the unit's radio tuning interval is set to USA spacing, the clock is displayed in 12-hour format. If the unit is switched to European frequency spacing, the clock switches to a 24-hour format.
Clock Display Note: Normally, the display illuminates only when the unit is on. You can program it so the clock is displayed when the ignition key is turned on and the unit is off.
Beep Confirmation: You can enable or disable beep confirmation for the headunit's control buttons.
Supplied Bluetooth Transmitter: The XDM6400BT supports Bluetooth wireless hands-free calling (HFP), advanced wireless audio distribution (A2DP), and wireless audio/video remote control (AVRCP) using the supplied BTM60 Bluetooth module and used with your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or MP3 player. The supplied BTM60 adapter connects to the 8-pin plug on the rear of the headunit. The unit can communicate with up to 8 Bluetooth devices.
- Hands-Free Calling (HFP): When connected to the supplied BTM60 adapter and used with your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, you can make, receive or end phone calls from the XDM6400BT. You can dial out using the unit's front panel numbered buttons or from a listing of the last five phone calls from received, dialed or missed call categories that are displayed on the unit's front display panel. Incoming phone numbers will scroll across the unit's display so you know who is calling and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. The BTM60's built-in microphone and transfer of incoming audio through your vehicle's speakers allow you to carry on a mobile conversation without picking up your cell-phone.
- Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP): The XDM6400BT also supports A2DP wireless streaming music audio from your Bluetooth enabled device when connected to the supplied BTM60 allowing you to listen to audio wireless from your Bluetooth compatible mobile phone or portable MP3 player. You can choose for the Bluetooth audio to come through all of your vehicle's speakers or only your front speakers.
- Audio/Video Remote Control (AVRCP): In addition, you can control your wireless streaming music audio from the front panel of the XDM6400BT using AVRCP when connected to the supplied BTM60 Bluetooth adapter. The BTM60 adapter allows you to control the following playback functions of your wireless streaming music audio from the XDM6400BT- Play, Pause, Stop, Next Skip, and Previous Skip.
USB Port: The XDM6400BT features a front-panel USB port for connecting an external USB mass storage device. The headunit's USB port allows you to play MP3 (32-320kbps constant or variable bit rates) and WMA (32-192kbps constant or variable bit rates) files from most mass storage USB devices. The XDM6400BT has a playback capacity of 48,896 MP3/WMA with 127 maximum number of folders, 382 maximum number of files in each folder and 8 maximum number of folder levels. In addition, the USB input also supports ID3 tags, version 1.x. The XDM6400BT will display either elapsed time (default), track number, clock, track name, directory name, title, artist or album when connecting and playing a USB external source. Your connected portable USB mass storage device will also charge through this headunit's USB port. The headunit does not need to be in the USB mode in order to charge your connected device through the USB port. The USB port is found on the front panel of the headunit behind a protective cover. The XDM6400BT offers the following playback and search options through its USB connection.
- Direct File Select: you can use the rotary encoder or the number buttons on the front of the headunit or on the supplied remote control to access MP3/WMA music files directly
- File Navigation: you can use the rotary encoder to search through and select a desired track
- Folder Access: you can use the next/previous buttons to search through and select a desired folder
- File Repeat: repeats a selected MP3/WMA music file
- Folder Repeat: repeats all MP3/WMA music files in the current folder
- Random: plays all MP3/WMA music files in random order
- Folder Random: plays all MP3/WMA music files in the current folder in random order
- Intro: plays first 10 seconds of each MP3/WMA music file on your USB device
- Folder Intro: plays the first 10 seconds of each MP3/WMA music file in the current folder
- Track Select: skips to beginning of the next or previous track
- Fast Forward/Reverse: fast forwards or reverses through the current track
- Pause: temporarily stops USB playback
Note: MP3/WMA playback sequence is based on the order in which the files are copied to your USB device and begins in the root folder. Any empty folders or folders that do not include MP3/WMA files are skipped.