About the Dual XDCP97BT
Integrate your iPhone®
Integrate your iPhone®
Dual's XDCP97BT multimedia receiver makes stepping up to Apple CarPlay® easier on your wallet than ever. A big 6.2" touchscreen display gives you easy access to source navigation, taking and making calls, and music selection. Plus, a front-panel button gives you instant access to Siri® to take advantage of the best voice control features your iPhone has to offer.
CarPlay integrates your iPhone into the driving experience in a seamless interface, allowing you to access iPhone content with the sound of your voice. That means easy access to your music library, audiobooks, phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for stored music, music services, podcasts, and audiobooks. Of course, you'll be able to take and make calls too while keeping your hands on the wheel — an awesome safety feature when you're making your daily commute.
Your new command center
Use your new stereo for system control, media info, phone charging, and as a monitor for a connected backup camera (not included, see Accessories). Dual also builds in three sets of preamp outputs for amplifiers powering your speakers and subs, and the 10-band equalizer gives you nice options for tweaking the sound in your vehicle.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- digital multimedia receiver with 6.2" touchscreen display
- built-in AM/FM tuner
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- remote control
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- front panel button to activate Siri
- 10-band EQ with 7 preset EQ curves
- plays MP3 music files
- inputs: rear USB input, rear aux input (RCA), rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- built-in internal amp (16 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels) — CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDCP97BT
What's in the box:
- Digital multimedia receiver w/ fixed 6.2" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 21" USB extension cable
- Microphone (attached 9.75' cable terminated by a mono-3.5mm connector
- Self-adhesive bracket
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO-screws
- 8 Pan-head ISO-screws
- Quick Start Guide
Dual XDCP97BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDCP97BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB Memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||Apple, Google, Waze|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your USB-connected iPhone 6S or newer (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning-connector in the car, while you stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and integrates them into the Dual XDCP97BT. Apple CarPlay offers an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, view maps, listen to music, and access messages from your compatible iPhone through the Dual XDCP97BT in-dash receiver. With Apple CarPlay, you can control these functions from the XDCP97BT receiver's touchscreen or activate Siri for minimized distraction. Your compatible iPhone will need to be plugged into the receiver's rear-panel USB port.
- Maps: Through Apple CarPlay, the power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have there own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: With Apple CarPlay, you can use the XDCP97BT's interactive touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return calls, and check voicemail. To dial a phone number, simply tap the "Phone" icon and Siri will ask you who you want to call. Using the touchscreen you can manually enter a phone number from the on-screen keypad, scroll through contacts, or select from recent and miss calls. In addition, you get access to your voicemails via touchscreen and Siri. When a call comes in, simply tap the "Phone" icon to answer. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included external microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers. You can emphasize or weaken the volume level the microphone. You can also select which car speaker outputs the caller audio; you can select All, Front-Left, Front-Right, or Front-Left/Right.
- Text Messages: Apple CarPlay also lets you enjoy a better and safer way of text messaging with friends and family when you're on the road, through the Dual receiver and Siri. Through your voice commands, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel. When a new message comes in a banner will come across the screen and Siri will read back the message for you. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music Library: CarPlay lets you access your music in your iPhone's music library, plus iTunes radio from the Dual XDCP97BT. You can browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Song, etc.. just like you would on your iPhone from the XDCP97BT's touchscreen. You can also use Siri to find and play back your music. The XDCP97BT's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background. Tap the Now Playing icon on the Dual receiver's capacitive touchscreen and see song, artist, album information with Album Art displaying in the background. From the Now Playing screen you also get basic playback function, like Play/Pause, Previous Next/Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Shuffle.
- Audio Apps & Podcasts: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, podcasts, sports, news, and audiobooks - including Pandora, Tidal, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, Audiobooks.com & Audible (subscriptions and fees may app). Control them from the head unit's touchscreen or Siri just like you would from your iPhone. Your iPhone's touchscreen remains unlocked during CarPlay connection, so you are able to access additional music apps and listen to them through the Dual receiver; however these apps offer no control or display information from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- This unit supports Apple CarPlay using an iPhone 6S or newer (iOS 10.0+). Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable.
- Access to CarPlay will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
iPod/iPhone Audio Playback: In addition to CarPlay, the Dual XDCP97BT supports direct USB connection and audio playback from select Apple iPod and iPhone devices with a Lightning connector. The unit offers music playback, basic control, song/artist/album display, and charging of your Apple device through its rear-panel USB port.
- Control: The unit's touchscreen can be used to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track and Random/Repeat. Advanced music navigation and browsing will still have to be done from your connected Apple iPod/iPhone device.
- Display: The unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display elapsed playing time, artist name, song/album title, as well as album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Note: iPod/iPhone mode cannot be accessed while the CarPlay feature is enabled. The XDCP97BT will automatically launch CarPlay, and iPod/iPhone mode cannote be accessed from the Main Menu. To disable CarPlay and allow for iPod/iPhone playback, enter the Settings menu on your iPhone, then select General, then Restrictions. Enable Restrictions if needed, then find CarPlay in the list and click to disable.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Dual XDCP97BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone models and features.
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay||Album Art||Song/Artist||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- The unit does not support older Apple iPod/iPhone devices with a 30-pin connector.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Bluetooth Technology: The Dual XDCP97BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Multi-Device Pairing: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the XDCP97BT. You can pair multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Dual head unit, but only one can be used at a time. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the device and receiver.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Dual XDCP97BT.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ external mic): The XDCP97BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. You can answer and make a call from the head unit's touchscreen, so you can carry on a phone conversation hands-free. The included external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's phone number or assigned contact name will be seen on the unit's LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's touchscreen. Any audio playback will be muted during a call. You can even reject an incoming call using the XDCP97BT, so the call will revert to your phone's voice mail.
- Making A Call: You can make a call using the Dual in-dash head unit's touchscreen controls. Outgoing calls can be made be entering telephone numbers directly via the head unit's touchscreen keypad. In addition, you can use the receiver's call log (which consists of dialed numbers, received call, and missed calls) to make a call from the XDCP97BT's touchscreen.
Note: The Dual digital media receiver does not support phonebook transfer or voice recognition via Bluetooth.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Dual XDCP97BT allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or audio player. You can control basic music playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the XDCP97BT. Advanced music navigation will still need to be done through your Bluetooth mobile device. This unit will also display song/artist/album text information (no album art) from a connected Bluetooth audio device.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
USB-A Port: The Dual XDCP97BT is equipped with a rear-panel USB-A port that is attached to the rear-chassis via a 3" cable and comes with a 21" USB extension cable. The USB-A port supports connection of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device formatted in FAT 16/FAT 32 for playback of MP3 music files (8-320kbps; 8-48kHz). The unit can recognize up to 2000 total files, 200 folders, and 2000 files per folder.
- Control Functions: During USB playback, you can access a list of all files and folders on a device. You can also control Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random functions.
- Metadata Display: The unit's touchscreen monitor will display song/artist/album information (including album art) of music files loaded on a USB MSC device.
- Device Charging: The USB port (5V/1A) will charge the battery of a connected electronic mobile device, when the radio and your vehicle is turned on.
- The USB port does not support the connection of Android OS devices, USB-hub, or card-reader.
- The USB port does not support video or photo file playback.
Aux Input: The Dual XDCP97BT is outfitted with a rear-panel Aux input that consists of stereo RCA jacks, allowing connection of an external audio source.
Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear view camera (sold separately - see Accessories tab) in order to display the area behind your vehicle on the head unit's touchscreen. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (orange wire of harness must be connected to the reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.1 seconds.
Note: The rearview camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the XDCP97BT are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the Dual XDCP97BT are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
4V/6Ch Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The Dual XDCP97BT is outfitted with six 4.0-volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Sub). The front and rear channels are fading, while the subwoofer output is non-fading. The subwoofer output has independent level control and a low-pass crossover (80/120/160Hz).
EQ + Surround Modes: The Dual XDCP97BT features a built-in Equalizer with a 10-band graphic EQ and 7 EQ presets. The 7 EQ presets consist of Classic, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Beat, Flat, and User. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the 10-band graphic EQ. You can also select from 4 Surround modes (Stadium, Cinema, Opera House, and Karst Cave) that create a unique soundstage inside your vehicle.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDCP97BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. The built-in AM/FM tuner allows you to store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (for a total of 30 presets). You can tune your presets manually or have the head unit do it automatically. The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals.
6.2" Touchscreen Monitor: The Dual XDCP97BT features a fixed 6.2" LCD touchscreen monitor with LED backlighting. The 6.2" LCD touchscreen has a resolution of 800 x 480p (1,152,000 total pixels). The unit's touchscreen controls make menu navigation simpler and more intuitive.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to its 6.2" touchscreen, the Dual XDCP97BT offers front-panel hard-key controls which consist of a 3-way rotary dial and two push-buttons that operate frequently used functions such as Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Home Menu, Source Selection, Voice Control, and Mute.
IR Remote The head unit comes supplied with a 17-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Dual digital media receiver, including Bluetooth phone answer/end.
Optional SWC Adapter: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
24 questions already asked