About the Dual XDM6830
The oversized control knob on Dual's XDM6830 CD/MP3 player makes system and volume adjustments a snap, but it's the stereo's large, bright display that really turns heads. Press a button and the whole faceplate motors down to accept your disc, while soft blue illumination lights up the control buttons.
You can fill up a CD-R or CD-RW disc with your favorite MP3 and WMA tunes and hit the road without having to worry about a stack of CDs. The XDM6830 can even display ID tag information for each of your digital music tracks. Five preset tone curves make on-the-fly sound adjustments a snap, while the loudness setting helps fill out the low frequencies at all volume levels.
If system building is your goal, the stereo's set of preamp outputs offers a convenient connection for an external amplifier or powered sub. Use Dual's unique "iPlug" to mount an input jack for your portable music player in a handy spot. The XDM6830 even comes with a wireless remote so your passengers can get in on the act.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files (some recordable disc types may not be compatible)
- detachable face with LCD display
- five selectable EQ curves ("Pop," "Jazz," "Classic," "Beat," and "Rock")
- rear auxiliary input with iPlug connector
- preamp outputs
- rotary encoder knob
- repeat and random play
- station and preset scan/seek tuning
- 18 FM/12 AM presets
- wireless remote
- CD frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio: 92 dB
- FM sensitivity: 8.5 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDM6830
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver with a 10-amp fuse inserted into the chassis
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (has one set of preamp outputs)
- XDM6830 wireless remote control
- 1 CR2032 lithium battery
- iPlug Interface with attached 39" cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors on one end and a stereo minijack on the other end)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 1 Metal support strap
- 6 ISO-mount screws
- 1 Bolt (has 6 Flat washers and 1 nut)
- 1 Machine screw (has 1 flat washer/1 lock washer and 1 nut)
- 1 Star washer
- 2 Self-tapping screws
- 1 Self-adhesive logo badge
- Installation/Owner's Manual
- "Read Before Installing (How to Make the Front Panel Removable)" sheet
Dual XDM6830 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDM6830
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Auxiliary Input: The Dual XDM6830 is equipped with rear-mounted, stereo RCA auxiliary input jacks on a 5" pigtail.
iPlug: This unit features the iPlug, a 39" interface cable that connects a portable MP3 player (such as an iPod), or other portable audio source unit, to the receiver's auxiliary input. The iPlug has a dash-mountable 3.5mm female minijack that can be attached using the supplied adhesive pad or self-tapping screws.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play MP3 and WMA files that have been recorded with constant bit rate (MP3: 8 to 320 kbps/WMA: 32-192 kbps) or variable bit rate compression on CD-R and CD-RW discs. The disc must be in one of the following formats: ISO 9660 level 1 or level 2, or Yellow Book MODE 1 or MODE 2 FORM 1. In addition, this unit is compatible with MP3 ID3 Tag version 1.0. Discs should be recorded with a maximum of 256 folders and files and 8 folder levels.
Skip Protection: An internal buffer provides ESP (electronic skip protection) to virtually eliminate skipping. The ESP is for MP3/WMA files only.
MP3/WMA Search Modes: The preset buttons and other buttons on the front panel can be used for entering letters or numbers to assist you in locating specific MP3 or WMA files and folders. The following search functions can be performed by this unit:
- Direct File Select: search for specific file number
- Alphanumeric File/Folder Search: search for file or folder names by entering alphanumeric characters
- File/Folder Navigate: search the current folder for all available files
Preset EQ Curves: You can choose from five preset curves: Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat and Rock. Any adjustment to the bass or treble settings automatically cancels the current EQ curve.
Source Audio Memory: Individual bass and treble settings are retained in memory for AM, FM, CD, and AUX modes.
Turn-on Volume: You can preset the unit's volume when it is powered on. Each time the unit is turned on, the volume is reset to the preset level regardless of the volume level when the unit was last turned off.
Display Priority: You can set the unit to a source display or time display priority. When set to source display priority, the radio tuner frequency, CD track/elapsed time, selected MP3/WMA information, or Aux display will be displayed by default. The clock can be accessed temporarily when the Display button is pressed. When set to time display priority, the clock is displayed by default, while the source information can be accessed temporarily with the Display button.
12/24 Hour Clock: When the unit's radio tuning interval is set to USA spacing, the clock is displayed in a 12-hour format. If the unit is switched to European frequency spacing, the clock switches to a 24-hour format.
Clock Display Note: Normally, the display illuminates only when the unit is on. You can program it so the clock is displayed when the unit is off. In this case, the clock display is "keyed," and will turn on and off as the ignition key is turned on and off.