About the Axxera XDMA7800
The "Do-it-all" car stereo
The "Do-it-all" car stereo
It's nice to have choices. Axxera knows that no two drivers are alike, so they give you all kinds of ways to enjoy your digital files on the XDMA7800 CD receiver. Whether you have your tunes on an iPod®, a USB thumb drive, an SD™ card, or old-fashioned CDs, you can plug 'em into this versatile stereo on your daily drive.
Play all your music
The USB slot on the front gives you a couple of ways to play your tunes: through your iPod or a USB drive. Connect your iPod, and you can browse your music library using the stereo's control knob, letting you stash your iPod safely in your glove box or console.
But if you don't have an iPod, that's fine, too — just load up a thumb drive with MP3 and WMA files, plug it into the USB slot, and navigate your files and folders in much the same way. Got both? Axxera includes a second USB drive in the rear. As a bonus, Axxera builds an SD card slot behind the fold-down face. However you carry your music files, Axxera's XDMA7800 CD receiver can play them.
Built-in hands-free calling
Keep your eyes on the road while you drive with built-in Bluetooth®. Simply pair your compatible phone and you'll hear your caller over your speakers. Axxera includes an external mic you can mount right nearby, so your callers can hear you loud and clear. Plus, you can stream music from a compatible device through this receiver — no wires needed.
Sounds great, looks great
Axxera gives you the tools you need to dial in just the right sound. High- and low-pass filters let you send your speakers and subs the frequencies they were designed to handle, which lets them hit harder and run more efficiently. Then use the 3-band EQ to fine-tune your sound — you can even set the center frequency on each band for precise adjustments. Axxera includes a remote for on-the-fly changes. You can choose from 31 display colors, or create your own custom color, so this Axxera will look right at home in your dash.
Bluetooth note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- variable color display: 31 preset colors, plus custom color option
- remote control
- built-in iPod control
- plays CDs, SD cards, and USB devices (See Details for full capabilities)
- 3-band parametric EQ
- subwoofer level control
- inputs: front and rear USB input, front auxiliary input, SD-card slot
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDMA7800
What's in the box:
- AM/FM CD receiver (with a 10-amp fuse inserted into the chassis)
- Face (inside hard plastic face case)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- Remote control
- CR2032 Lithium battery
- 39" USB extension cable (with female USB type-A connector on one end and a male USB connector on other end)
- Microphone with visor-clip (attached 9.75' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Rear-support bolt
- 4 Pan-head screws
- 2 Face-fixing screws
- Installation/Owner's Manual
- "Remove Transit Screws" note (attached to chassis)
Axxera XDMA7800 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxera XDMA7800
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB/SD-card|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC|
Audio & Tuner Section
Display & Remote Features
CD Compatibility: The Dual XDMA7800 head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3, WMA, and AAC music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
Dual USB Ports: The Dual XDMA7800 is equipped with front- and rear-panel USB (type-A) port for playback of MP3/WMA/AAC files stored on a USB mass storage device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The unit's USB ports will also charge a USB enabled device, such as your smartphone.
SD-Card Slot: The Dual XDMA7800 is equipped with hidden SD-card slot (behind detachable face-plate) for playback of MP3/WMA/AAC files stored on a SD/SDHC memory card (up to 16GB).
File Compatibility: The MP3/WMA/AAC files on a disc, USB mass storage device, or SD/SDHC memory card must meet the following requirements for proper playback on the XDMA7800.
|Disc (CD, CD-R/RW)||USB MSC & SD/SDHC Memory Card|
|File System||ISO9660 level 1/level 2, Yellow book Mode1/Mode 2, Multi-session||FAT/FAT32|
|Compatible Files|| MP3:
8-48khz, 32-320kbps |
WMA: 32-48kHz, 32-192kbps
AAC: 8-48kHz, 48-288kbps
|Metadata Support||MP3 Tags (version 1.0-2.4), WMA Tags|
Folders/Files = 256 |
Maximum Folder Levels = 8
Folder/Files = 65,535 |
Maximum Folder Level = 7
Playback Features: The XDMA7800 offers playback features such as Repeat, Random and Intro scan.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
Built-in Bluetooth: Bluetooth hands-free communication is built into the Dual Axxera XDMA7800, making it easy to integrate a Bluetooth enabled cellular phone (up to 10). Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive cell phone calls or stream digital audio from your Bluetooth enabled phone on the XDMA7800 CD receiver.
- Hands-free Communications (HFP/PBAB): The built-in Bluetooth hands-free feature allows you to talk on your cell phone through the XDMA7800 without the need of holding it in your hand, which helps avoid any traffic violations by keeping your focused on the road. Incoming calls will be automatically appear on the display and a ring tone will heard through your car speakers. You can answer a call from the head unit or have the head unit automatically answer any incoming calls. You can dial a number from the head unit or the included remote control. You can also transfer your phonebook the head unit. In addition, you can view a list of the 10 most recent phone calls dialed, received, or missed. The XDMA7800 even supports call waiting. An external microphone is included for better audio performance (no integrated front-panel mic).
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The built-in Bluetooth audio streaming feature allows you to stream digital audio from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone to the XDMA7800 and control the playback of the audio through the head unit (there is no song/artist/album display).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the XDMA7800.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Axxera XDMA7800's front- or rear-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Axxera digital media receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album label.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Axxera XDMA7800 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 1/25/2018):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: The XDMA7800 features a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting an external portable audio device such as a portable MP3 player.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual Axxera XDMA7800 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CEA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the XDMA7800 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the XDMA7800 are as follows:
Preset EQ Curves: The Dual CD Receiver features the following preset EQ curves to customize your music listening - Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User.
3-Band EQ: The User Preset EQ setting allows you to adjust the unit's 3-Band EQ.
|Band||Selectable Center Frequency||Quality Factor||Level|
|Bass||50, 100, or 200Hz||0.7, 1.0, 1.4, or 2.0||-6 to +6 dB|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, or 2.0 kHz||0.7, 1.0, 1.4, or 2.0||-6 to +6 dB|
|Treble||5, 10, or 15 kHz||0.7, 1.0, 1.4, or 2.0||-6 to +6 dB|
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes. The Loudness can be set to 1, 2, 3, or Off.
2V/6Ch Preamp Outputs: The Dual Axxera XDMA7800 is equipped with three pair of 2-Volt preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The front and rear speakers are fading with high-pass crossover filters, while the subwoofer output is non-fading with a low-pass crossover filter.
- Front/Rear Preamp Outputs (with HPF): If you do not want low frequency sounds to play from the front or rear speaker preamp outputs (or speaker outputs), you can turn on the unit's High Pass Filter. The HPF has a selectable cutoff frequency of (62, 95, 135Hz, or Off). Only frequencies higher than those in the selected range are output through the speakers.
- Subwoofer Output (with Sub Control): The unit has a pair of dedicated non-fading RCA subwoofer outputs with a low-pass filter (55, 85, 120Hz, or Through), phase adjustment (normal/reverse), and output level (0-12).
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, CD, Aux and USB). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Program Volume: You can se the XDMA7800 to power-on to the same volume level (1-46) every time.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDMA7800 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, scan, and preset tuning.
- Preset Tuning: The built-in AM/FM tuner allows you to store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets. You can tune your presets manually or have the head unit do it automatically.
- Scan Tuning: Press the Scan button on the included remote control to preview strong stations on the current band, pausing for five seconds at each. Press Scan again to select station or cancel the function.
- Local: The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals.
- European Tuning: You can switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Fold-Down/Detachable Face: The Dual Axxera XDMA7800 CD Receiver features a manual fold-down face-plate which keeps the CD mechanism hidden. Simply press a button on the face-plate to manually fold the face-plate down to insert or eject a disc. The face-plate is also detachable to deter theft and comes supplied with a hard-plastic carrying case to store the receiver's face when detached.
Variable Illumination: The XDMA7800 features variable color illumination for its LCD screen and buttons. You can adjust the button and LCD illumination between 31 preset colors, or customize your own color by adjusting Red, Green, and Blue levels (0-16). You can even have it scroll through all preset and customized colors. In addition, you can set a different color more for day and night driving.
Display Settings: The head unit offers the following display settings.
- Scrolling: You can change the scrolling style used for displayed information on the LCD screen. Choose from Off (no scrolling), Once (scrolls once), 15 Secs (scrolls once per 15 seconds), and On (constantly scrolls).
- LCD Type: You can set the LCD illumination type to Positive (color background with black text), Negative (Black background with color text), or Automatic (switches to positive during daytime and negative during the night).
- Display Dimmer: The head unit's display features three illumination dimmer settings (High/Medium/Low).
12/24 Hour Clock: The unit's built-in clock will display 12-hour AM/PM time in USA frequency spacing mode. In European frequency spacing mode, the clock will display 24-hour time. The clock can be set to stay on even when the head unit is turned off.
Power-On Message: This feature allows a "Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening" text message to be shown on the unit's LCD screen when it is powered on.
Demo Mode: You can enable or disable the units demonstration mode.
Wireless Remote Control: The XDMA7800 comes supplied with a 21-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual CD Receiver.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked