About the Dual XDMA350
They say that self-knowledge is the key to happiness, and I think that applies to finding the right car stereo as well. Dual's XDMA350 CD receiver may not have as many features to brag about as some of the more expensive models, but it could have everything you actually need. Let's take a look.
Plug in and more
The handy front-panel USB input is perfect for plugging in thumb drives loaded with MP3 and WMA music files, and it also supports iPhones® and iPods®. Plug in and you'll have easy access to your favorite playlists, artists, podcasts, and more. And if you're not an iOS user, the auxiliary input handles the audio output from other phones or music players. Of course, you can slide in your favorite storebought CDs or home-burned discs loaded with MP3 or WMA files.
Enjoy the extras
The face of the XDMA350 detaches for security, and the included remote control gives you a handy control option. The built-in amplifier puts out an honest 18 watts per channel to your speakers, so you can count on a big jump in sound quality over a factory radio. Seven preset EQ curves make it easy to adjust the sound, while a pair of preamp outputs lets you hook up an amp or powered sub.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- detachable face with LCD display
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility):
- iPhone control through USB
- plays MP3 and WMA files from CDs and USB memory devices
- bass and treble controls with seven preset tone settings
- inputs: front (minijack) auxiliary input, front USB input
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (2-volt rear/subwoofer)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDMA350
What's in the box:
- CD receiver
- Detachable face-plate (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Two 10A fuses (one installed in wiring harness)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 2 Removal tools
- 4 ISO-mount screws
- Rear-support bolt
- Lock washer
- Face-fixing screw
- Installation/Owner's Manual
Dual XDMA350 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDMA350
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
CD Compatibility: The Dual XDMA350 head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Auto-Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
USB Port: The Dual XDMA350 is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) a USB enabled electronic device, such as your smartphone.
Music File Compatibility: The Dual XDMA350 supports the following types of music recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, Yellow Book Mode 1/Mode 2, Multi-Sessions||FAT/FAT32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: sampling frequency of 8-48kHz with bit-rate
of 32-320kbps |
WMA: sampling frequency of 32-48kHz with bit-rate of 32-192kbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 folders/999 files||255 folders/50,000 files|
|Tags||MP3 ID3 Tags, WMA Tags|
Playback Features: The XDMA350 offers playback features such as Repeat, Random and Intro scan.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual XDMA350's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual CD receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual XDMA350 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/18/2018):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual XDMA350 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CTA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the XDMA350 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the XDMA350 are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
2V/2Ch Preamp Outputs: The head unit is equipped with a set of 2-channel, 2-volt preamp outputs for adding an external amplifier. The preamp outputs are full-range and fade with the front speakers.
Equalizer: The Dual CD Receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the receiver's Bass & Treble. EQ settings are stored for each source.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, CD, Aux, USB, iPod). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Program Volume: You can set the XDMA350 to power-on to the same volume level (1-46) every time.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDMA350 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Detachable Face-Plate: The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. An included face-fixing screw prevents the unit's face-plate from detaching.
Text Scroll: You can change the scrolling style used for displayed information on the LCD screen. Choose from Off (no scrolling), Once (scrolls once), 15 Secs (scrolls once per 15 seconds), and On (constantly scrolls).
12/24 Hour Clock: The unit's built-in clock can be set to 12-hour or 24-hour mode.
Demo Mode: You can enable or disable the units demonstration mode.
Wireless Remote Control: The XDMA350 comes supplied with an 9-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual CD Receiver.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked