About the Dual XDMA760
The cool look is just the beginning
The cool look is just the beginning
No doubt about it, Dual's XDMA760 is one of the cooler-looking CD receivers I've seen in a while. The prominent LCD screen on the right really sets it apart from more run-of-the-mill models, as does the old-school radio tuning display. But there's more going on than cool aesthetics — this receiver also offers iPhone® and Pandora® control, two aux inputs, and advanced tone control.
iPhone control with Pandora
Plug your iPhone into the front-panel USB input and you'll enjoy control of your music files from the receiver's controls. Prefer streaming music? Built-in Pandora controls allow you to access all of your carefully curated playlists.
More audio options
If you're ready to dive into a favorite album, slide in your favorite CDs, including those loaded with MP3 and WMA files. The convenient front-panel USB input lets you play MP3 or WMA files from USB thumb drives if you choose. You'll appreciate having front and rear auxiliary inputs as well for playing music from other devices.
Tweak the sound
The XDMA760's potent amplifier will provide a big jump in sound quality over your old radio. A 3-band parametric equalizer and seven preset EQ curves let you match the sound to your car or your mood. Two pairs of preamp outputs make it easier to add external amplifiers or a powered sub.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- detachable face with LCD display
- selectable screen background color
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility)
- Pandora control with iPhone
- iPhone control through USB
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 3-band parametric equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- low-pass filter
- subwoofer level control
- inputs: front (minijack) and rear (RCA) auxiliary inputs, front USB input
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDMA760
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Detachable face-plate (attached)
- Wiring harness
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 2 Removal tools
- 8 ISO-mount screws
- Rear-support bolt
- Lock washer
- Quick Start Guide
Dual XDMA760 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDMA760
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front, RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|Full size||5Gen and newer|
|Nano||1Gen and newer|
|Touch||1Gen and newer|
|iPhone||2G and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
CD Compatibility: The Dual XDMA760 head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Auto-Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
USB Port: The Dual XDMA760 is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB). The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) a USB enabled electronic device, such as your smartphone.
Music File Compatibility: The Dual XDMA760 supports the following types of music recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, Yellow Book Mode 1/Mode 2, Multi-Sessions||FAT/FAT32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: sampling frequency of 8-48kHz with bit-rate
of 32-320kbps |
WMA: sampling frequency of 32-48kHz with bit-rate of 32-192kbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 folders/999 files||255 folders/50,000 files|
|Tags||MP3 ID3 Tags, WMA Tags|
Playback Features: The XDMA760 offers playback features such as Repeat, Random and Intro scan.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual XDMA760's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual CD receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual XDMA760 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/18/2018):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The XDMA760 features dual auxiliary inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player. There is also a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting a permanent external audio device.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDMA760BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Dual XDMA760BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable supplied with your iPhone. The XDMA760BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual XDMA760 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the XDMA760 are as follows -
- CTA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the XDMA760 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/4Ch Preamp Outputs: The Dual XDMA760 is equipped with two pair of 2-Volt preamp outputs (Front, R/Sub). The R/Sub preamp output can be switched between a rear-channel full-range output or a non-fading subwoofer preamp output. When the subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the output level (0-12) of the sub preamp output. There is no built-in low pass crossover for the R/Sub preamp output.
Equalizer: The Dual CD Receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the receiver's Bass & Treble. EQ settings are stored for each source.
Loudness: The Loudness feature increases the bass and treble frequencies at lower volume levels.
Source & Program Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, CD, Aux, USB, iPod). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source. You can also set the XDMA760 to power-on to the same volume level (1-46) every time.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDMA760 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Detachable Face-Plate: The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. Included face-fixing screws prevent the unit's face-plate from detaching.
Text Scroll: You can change the scrolling style used for displayed information on the LCD screen. Choose from Off (no scrolling), Once (scrolls once), 15 Secs (scrolls once per 15 seconds), and On (constantly scrolls).
12/24 Hour Clock: The unit's built-in clock can be set to 12-hour or 24-hour mode.
Demo Mode: You can enable or disable the unit's demonstration mode.
Wireless Remote Control: The XDMA760 comes supplied with an 18-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual CD Receiver.
12 questions already asked