About the Dual XDMA761
Step up your style
Step up your style
Dual's put fashion forward with their XDMA761 CD receiver. This sharp-looking radio gives you plenty of cool features, including a USB input with iPhone® and iPod® compatibility, Pandora® control, and more. But I bet its great looks may be the one thing that makes you hit that Buy button.
No doubt about it — the XDMA761's multi-line, full-color display with its 3D graphics really puts on a show. It's bright, easy to read, and offers up all the info you need for easy control and access to your music and receiver functions.
Plenty of musical options
The handy front-panel USB input supports your iPhones® — plug in and you'll have easy access to your favorite playlists, artists, podcasts, as well as control of your Pandora® account. And you can use the USB to plug in thumb drives loaded with MP3 and WMA music files as well. Not an Apple user? The front and rear auxiliary inputs handle the audio output from other phones or music players. Plus, you can play all your favorite discs, whether store-bought or home-burned.
You've got seven easy-to-use preset EQ curves plus a 3-band parametric equalizer for adjusting the sound, and two pairs of preamp outputs make it easy to add amps to your system.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- detachable face
- 3" QVGA TFT multi-line, full-color LCD
- 3D-like background graphics
- remote control
- Pandora control with iPhone
- iPhone control through USB
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices
- 3-band parametric equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- low-pass filter
- subwoofer level control
- inputs: front (minijack) and rear (RCA) auxiliary inputs, front USB input
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDMA761
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Detachable face-plate (inside face-case)
- Wiring harness
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 2 Removal tools
- 4 Large ISO-mount screws
- 4 Small ISO-mount screws
- Rear-support bolt
- Lock washer
- Hard-plastic face-case
- Quick Start Guide
Dual XDMA761 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDMA761
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front, RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
CD Compatibility: The Dual XDMA761 head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Auto-Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
USB Port: The Dual XDMA761 is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB). The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) a USB enabled electronic device, such as your smartphone.
Music File Compatibility: The Dual XDMA761 supports the following types of music recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, Yellow Book Mode 1/Mode 2, Multi-Sessions||FAT/FAT32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: sampling frequency of 8-48kHz with bit-rate
of 32-320kbps |
WMA: sampling frequency of 32-48kHz with bit-rate of 32-192kbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||500 folders/999 files||500 folders/50,000 files|
|Tags||MP3 ID3 Tags, WMA Tags|
Playback Features: The XDMA761 offers playback features such as Repeat, Random and Intro scan.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual XDMA761's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual CD receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual XDMA761 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/18/2018):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The XDMA761 features dual auxiliary inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player. There is also a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting a permanent external audio device.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Dual XDMA761 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable supplied with your iPhone. The XDMA761 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDMA761 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual XDMA761 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the XDMA761 are as follows -
- CTA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the XDMA761 are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/4Ch Preamp Outputs: The Dual XDMA761 is equipped with two pair of 2-Volt preamp outputs (Front, R/Sub). The R/Sub preamp output can be switched between a rear-channel full-range output or a non-fading subwoofer preamp output.
Subwoofer Control: When the subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the output level (0-12) of the sub preamp output. You can also set the low-pass crossover to 80, 120, 160Hz, or Through (full-range).
Equalizer: The Dual CD Receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, & Treble manually. EQ settings are stored for each source.
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||-6 to +6|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||-6 to +6|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||-6 to +6|
Loudness: The Loudness feature increases the bass and treble frequencies at lower volume levels.
Source & Program Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, CD, Aux, USB, iPod, Pandora). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source. You can also set the XDMA761 to power-on to the same volume level (1-46) every time.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
Detachable Fold-Down Face: The Dual XDMA761 features a manual fold-down face-plate. The head unit needs 1.75" of clearance in front of it for the face-plate to fold down. The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft. The unit comes with a hard-plastic face-case to store the detachable face-plate. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
3" LCD Screen: The Dual XDMA761 features a 3" QVGA (320x24) TFT LCD screen with 3D-like background graphics. The 3" screen provides enough room to display song, artist, and album information at the same time. You can adjust the color, contrast, and brightness of the LCD screen.
Text Scroll: You can change the scrolling style used for displayed information on the LCD screen. Choose from Off (no scrolling), Once (scrolls once), 15 Secs (scrolls once per 15 seconds), and On (constantly scrolls).
12/24 Hour Clock: The unit's built-in clock can be set to 12-hour or 24-hour mode.
Demo Mode: You can enable or disable the units demonstration mode.
Wireless Remote Control: The XDMA761 comes supplied with an 18-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual CD Receiver.
Optional Steering Wheel Control Adapter: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input which lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel control adapter from PAC or Metra (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked