About the Dual XDMR7700
Want more from your mobile sound system? Then take a long look at Dual's XDMR7700 CD player. It delivers the entertainment flexibility you've been looking for, with a stylish, flip-down look that's hard to ignore.
MP3 and WMA playback allows you to play a single disc packed with up to 10 hours of your favorite tunes. You can also play a portable music player through this CD player using Dual's unique iplug. Just mount the iplug wherever you like under the dash, in the glove compartment, or in the center console plug the 39" cable into the player, and you've got a handy input connection right where you need it. No more dangling wires to get in the way of your clean installation. Round out your entertainment array with the optional XM satellite radio tuner (see "Accessories").
No matter what you're listening to, you can be sure it'll sound great, thanks to the XDMR7700's strong, built-in amplifier. Five tone presets "Pop," "Jazz," "Classic," "Beat," and "Rock" make it easy to get the sound you want, while the anti-shock mechanism ensures smooth, skip-free performance from your dics. Use the two sets of preamp outputs to connect your external amps and powered subs.
The faceplate slides down at the touch of a button to reveal the display screen and CD slot, leaving the oversized encoder knob and other controls within easy reach. The black-and-white LED display makes system information, including songs titles and track information for your MP3/WMA files, easy to read even in bright sunlight.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/55 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files)
- two-step, motorized, detachable face with dot-matrix LCD display
- five selectable EQ curves ("Pop," "Jazz," "Classic," "Beat," and "Rock")
- front and rear preamp outputs
- 18 FM/12 AM presets
- auxiliary input with iplug connector
- XM Satellite Radio controls (XM subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories
- remote control
- CD frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio: 92 dB
- FM sensitivity: 8.5 dBf
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDMR7700
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver with a 10-amp fuse inserted into the chassis
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (has one set of preamp outputs)
- XDMR7700 wireless remote control
- 1 CR2032 lithium battery
- iPlug Interface with attached 39" cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors on one end and a stereo minijack on the other end)
- 37" XM receiver data cable (has a right-angle 8-pin connector on one end and an 8-pin connector on the other end)
- 39" XM receiver RCA cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors on each end)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 1 Metal support strap
- 6 ISO-mount screws
- 1 Bolt (has 6 Flat washers and 1 nut)
- 1 Machine screw (has 1 flat washer/1 lock washer and 1 nut)
- 2 Large self-tapping screws
- 2 Small self-tapping screws
- 1 Lock washer
- 1 Silica gel packet
- 1 Self-adhesive logo badge
- Installation/Owner's Manual
Dual XDMR7700 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDMR7700
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||55 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||N/A|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Two-step, Motorized Display: The rotary knob, preset buttons and other control buttons reside on the outer face plate. This unit also has a DIN-sized display behind the face plate. When the open button is pressed, the face plate motorizes in a slide down motion to reveal the display.
Auxiliary Input: The Dual XDMR7700 is equipped with rear-mounted, stereo RCA auxiliary input jacks on a 5" pigtail.
iPlug: This unit features the iPlug, a 39" interface cable that connects a portable MP3 player (such as an iPod), or other portable audio source unit, to the receiver's auxiliary input. The iPlug has a dash-mountable 3.5mm female minijack that can be attached using the supplied adhesive or self-tapping screws.
XM Satellite Radio Controls: This unit can control an optional XMD1000 XM Satellite Radio tuner (item 209XMD1000)), without any additional adapters. In addition to the 209XMD1000, which includes an antenna, you'll need an XM Satellite Radio subscription to receive the service. XM Satellite Radio programming features over 150 channels of programming beamed coast-to-coast.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play MP3 and WMA files that have been recorded with constant bit rate (MP3: 8 to 320 kbps/WMA: 32-192 kbps) or variable bit rate compression on CD-R and CD-RW discs. The disc must be in one of the following formats: ISO 9660 level 1 or level 2, or Yellow Book MODE 1 or MODE 2 FORM 1. In addition, this unit is compatible with ID3 Tag version 1.0. Discs should be recorded with a maximum of 256 folders and files and 8 folder levels.
Skip Protection: An internal buffer provides ESP (electronic skip protection) to virtually eliminate skipping. The ESP is for MP3/WMA files only.
MP3/WMA Search Modes: The preset buttons and other buttons on the front panel can be used for entering letters or numbers to assist you in locating specific MP3 or WMA files and folders. The following search functions can be performed by this unit:
- Direct File Select: search for specific file number
- Alphanumeric File/Folder Search: search for file or folder names by entering alphanumeric characters
- File/Folder Navigate: search the current folder for all available files
Preset EQ Curves: You can choose from five preset curves: Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat and Rock. Any adjustment to the bass or treble settings automatically cancels the current EQ curve.
Source Audio Memory: Individual bass and treble settings are retained in memory for AM, FM, XM, CD, and AUX modes.
Turn-on Volume: You can preset the unit's volume when it is powered on. Each time the unit is turned on, the volume is reset to the preset level regardless of the volume level when the unit was last turned off.
Display Priority: You can set the unit to a source display or time display priority. When set to source display priority, the radio tuner frequency, CD track/elapsed time, selected MP3/WMA information, or Aux display will be displayed by default. The clock can be accessed temporarily when the Display button is pressed. When the time display priority, the clock is displayed by default, while the source information can be accessed temporarily with the Display button.
12/24 Hour Clock: When the unit's radio tuning interval is set to USA spacing, the clock is displayed in a 12-hour format. If the unit is switched to European frequency spacing, the clock switches to a 24-hour format.
Clock Display Note: Normally, the display illuminates only when the unit is on. You can program it so the clock is displayed when the unit is off. In this case, the clock display is "keyed", and will turn on and off as the ignition key is turned on and off.