About the Dual XDVD210
Make your drive more enjoyable
Make your drive more enjoyable
If you spend a lot of time in the car, you'll quickly appreciate why a touchscreen car stereo is so appealing. Easy control that lets you keep your eyes on the road instead of on your phone is a good thing! Dual's XDVD210 DVD receiver offers a big 6.2" screen that lets you check out and change your entertainment with a quick glance, along with the connections and capabilities you need to enjoy all your music and media. (Note: This receiver does not have Bluetooth.)
Plug in your iPhone or iPod® and you've got control of your music files right from the receiver's touchscreen. Don't have an iPhone? No problem — front and rear auxiliary inputs let you plug in a variety of other devices.
Of course, the XDVD210 will play nearly any kind of disc, including those loaded with MP3 or WMA files. The front USB input lets you play songs from USB devices as well. You can enjoy video content from DVDs and other sources when parked, or send the video to optional rear-seat video screens with the pair of video outputs. A dedicated input on the rear panel accepts an optional rear-view camera.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- DVD receiver
- 6.2" touchscreen display
- remote control
- iPhone, iPod, and iPad control (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- plays audio/video content from CDs, DVDs, micro-SD cards, and USB memory devices (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- treble and bass controls with 4 preset EQ curves
- subwoofer controls
- inputs: rear USB input, front mini-jack A/V input, rear RCA A/V input, microSD card slot, rear-view camera input
- outputs: two rear video outputs, 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, mono subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- internal amp (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDVD210
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- AV/Preamp harness
- 39" USB/30-pin cable
- 9" AV minijack-to-RCA adapter cable
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 8 Pan-head ISO-screws
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO-screws
- Quick Start Guide
- "Congratulations" note
- "Warning" note
Dual XDVD210 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDVD210
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||14 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N/A|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N/A|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Audio & Tuner Section
Touchscreen & Remote Control
Apple 30-Pin Direct Connect: The Dual XDVD210 includes a 39" proprietary cable with a male 30-pin connector to plug into your Apple 30-pin device. The unit offers audio playback, control, song/artist/album display, and charging of your Apple device.
- Control: You can use the receiver's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also control playback functions such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat from the receiver's touchscreen.
- Display: The XDVD210 will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display elapsed playing time, artist name, song/album title (no album art).
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 5V/0.5A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
Apple Device Compatibility Charge: The Dual XDVD210 is compatible with the following Apple iPods and iPhones with a 30-pin connector.
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- The Dual XDVD210 is not compatible with newer Apple iOS devices with Lightning connector.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Disc Compatibility: The Dual XDVD210 supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD +R/RW, CD-Audio and CD-R/RW discs. The unit can play back MP3/WMA music files and JPEG still image files recorded onto a compatible DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, or CD-R/RW disc. You can insert or eject a disc with the unit powered off. If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 10 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
microSD Card Slot: The XDVD210 DVD receiver is fitted with a front-panel microSD card slot which supports playback of MP3/WMA music files and JPEG photo files stored on a microSD/SDHC memory card (up to 32GB).
USB Port: The Dual XDVD210 comes with a 39" proprietary cable terminated by a female USB (type-A) port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files and JPEG photo files stored on a compatible USB MSC device (up to 64GB).
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Apple iOS or Android OS devices, and does not support charging.
Compatible Music Files: The Dual XDVD210 supports the following music files recorded on disc, USB, or microSD.
|Disc (DVD-R/RW, DVD +R/RW, CD-R/RW)||USB MSC & microSD/SDHC Memory Card|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, JOLIET||FAT 16/FAT 32|
|Compatible Files||MP3: 8-48kHz (sampling frequency); 8-320kbps (bit-rate) |
WMA: 32-48kHz (sampling frequency); 32-192kbps (bit-rate)
|Metadata Support||MP3 ID Tag, WMA Tag (no album art)|
|File/Folder Limit||200 folders/2000 files (2000 files per folder)|
Playback & Search Functions: The XDVD210 offers a variety of playback & search functions, so you can find and enjoy your music in the car.
- File/Folder Search: The head unit provides a list of tracks and folders that you can search through to find the music you want.
- Fast Forward/Rewind: The unit allows you to fast forward or rewind through a track or file.
- Random/Repeat: The head unit offers Random (All/Folder) and Repeat (Track/Folder/All) playback functions.
Song/Artist Information: During playback, the unit's touchscreen monitor will display song, artist, and album information (no album art) - when available.
CTA-2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the XDVD210 are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the XDVD210 are as follows:
- CTA-2006 Specs: 14 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
2V/5Ch RCA Outputs: The XDVD210 features front, rear and mono-subwoofer 2-volt RCA outputs. The front and rear stereo RCA outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The mono-subwoofer RCA output is non-fading.
EQ Presets: The XDVD210 is equipped with a built-in EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 5 preset sound modes (Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classic, or Off) suitable for the music genre of your choice. In Off mode, you can manually adjust the head unit's Bass & Treble from -7 to +7.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. This feature can be turned on or off.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDVD210 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. The built-in AM/FM tuner allows you to store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (for a total of 30 presets). You can tune your presets manually or have the head unit do it automatically. The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Dual AV Inputs: The Dual XDVD210 DVD receiver is fitted with two AV inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm AV input for connecting a temporary external portable audio/video player. There is also a rear-panel AV auxiliary input which consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks. The AV aux input can be used for connection of a permanent external audio/video source, such as a Blu-ray player or TV tuner.
Dual Video Outputs: Two composite video RCA output jacks allow you to an add external monitors, such as rear headrest monitors or an overhead monitor (sold separately). The video outputs can display a DVD or AV input video signal when its selected as the receiver's main source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Rear-View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional back-up camera (sold separately). This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. This increased visibility encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (orange wire of the harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.1 seconds.
6.2" LCD Touchscreen: The Dual XDVD210 features a 6.2" LCD touchscreen monitor (800x480) with LED backlighting. This unit's touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics make menu navigation simple and intuitive. You can adjust the screen's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and sharpness level; as well as select from three different wallpapers/backgrounds.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the pink wire of the included harness must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the 6.2" LCD touchscreen, the unit also has push-button controls along the left & right edges of the screen.
IR Remote Control: The XDVD210 comes supplied with a 41-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the DVD receiver.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
17 questions already asked