About the Dual XDVD276BT
Step up to a touchscreen
Step up to a touchscreen
Tired of a ho-hum factory stereo? Dual's XDVD276BT DVD receiver is ready to spice up your drive with a 6.2" touchscreen that opens up access to all kinds of convenient features, including Bluetooth® audio streaming.
Controls at a touch
When you turn the key, you'll have touchscreen access to your music and more. Along with its many other cool features, the XDVD276BT enhances your car's entertainment system with built-in Bluetooth®, so you can stream music from your music library or favorite smartphone apps. Plus, you can take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel, while a built-in microphone ensures excellent call quality.
More media options
Plug in your iPhone® for wired access to your music library. The USB input and a microSD card slot make it easy to enjoy MP3 music files during your daily commute or that long road trip.
You've got connections
This Dual includes a rear audio/video input so you can add on a camcorder or other video sources. The front auxiliary input lets you enjoy content from any audio device with a headphone output. And for the safety-minded, a dedicated input on the rear panel accepts an optional rear-view camera.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.2" touchscreen with three wallpaper backgrounds
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- steering wheel IR remote included (CR2025 battery not included)
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- compatible with Dual iPlug Smart Remote App (iPhone and Android)
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and microSD cards (see Details for full capabilities)
- 7-band EQ and 7 preset tone curves
- surround modes (Concert, Wide, Church, Live, Passive, None)
- subwoofer controls and low-pass crossover
- inputs: front USB input, front aux in (minijack), rear A/V input (RCA), front microSD card slot, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub), dual rear video outputs
- built-in internal amp (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XDVD276BT
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control w/ steering wheel bracket (no battery included)
- 8 Pan-head ISO-screws
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO-screws
- Quick Start Guide
Dual XDVD276BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XDVD276BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N/A|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N/A|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Built-In Bluetooth: The Dual XDVD276BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles - HFP (Hands Free Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The
XDVD276BT supports wireless hands-free communication for your
Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The XDVD276BT allows you to carry on a
phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using
the integrated microphone and your car audio speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute
automatically during a call. During a conversation, you can switch
between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and
the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: The XDVD276BT allows you to answer a call from the head unit's touchscreen monitor or set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's LCD monitor, while a ring-tone is heard through your front speakers.
- Making A Call: You can make a call from the XDVD276BT using the unit's on-screen keypad (0-9) or a call history data log of dialed, received, and missed calls.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Dual XDVD276BT also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track, from the XDVD276BT's touchscreen. This unit will also display song/artist information on its touchscreen monitor (no album art).
Notes: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the XDVD276BT. You can only pair and connect one device at a time. The unit will auto reconnect with an already paired device. The Pairing code is "0000". Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the XDVD276BT.
iPod/iPhone USB Direct: The Dual XDVD276BT supports direct connection of select Apple iPods and iPhones with a Lightning or 30-pin connector through its front-panel USB port. The unit offers audio playback, control, song/artist/album display, and charging of your Apple device through the USB port. The touchscreen of the Apple iPhone & iPod touch will remain unlocked during USB connection, so you can also access music apps form the mobile device; the click-wheel of the iPod nano and classic will lock during USB connection.
- Control: You can use the XDVD276BT's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also control playback functions such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat from the receiver's touchscreen.
- Display: The Dual XDVD276BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display elapsed playing time, artist name, song/album title, as well as album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual XDVD276BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features 1/22/2020):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Siri||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Disc Compatibility: The Dual XDVD276BT supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD +R/RW, CD-Audio and CD-R/RW discs. The unit can play back MP3 music files and JPEG still image files recorded onto a compatible DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, or CD-R/RW disc. You can insert or eject a disc with the unit powered off. If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 20 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
microSD Card Slot: The XDVD276BT DVD receiver is fitted with a front-panel microSD card slot which supports playback of MP3 music files and JPEG photo files stored on a microSD/SDHC memory card (up to 64GB).
USB Port: The Dual XDVD276BT is fitted with a front-panel USB (type-A) 2.0 port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The unit supports playback of MP3 music files and JPEG photo files stored on a compatible USB MSC device (up to 64GB). USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Android devices, USB hubs, and card-readers.
Compatible Music Files: The Dual XDVD276BT supports playback of MP3 music files and JPEG photo files on CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW discs; as well as on USB MSC devices (thumbdrives) and microSD/SDHC memory cards.
|Media Type||CD (-R/RW)||USB MSC & MicroSD/SDHC|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, Joliet||FAT 16/FAT 32|
|Playbable File Types|| |
MP3 (8-48kHz; 8-320kbps)
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||200 folders/2000 files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (song/artist/album text; no album art)|
Playback & Search Functions: The XDVD276BT offers a variety of playback & search functions, so you can find and enjoy your music in the car.
- File/Folder Search: The head unit provides a list of tracks and folders that you can search through to find the music you want.
- Fast Forward/Rewind: The unit allows you to fast forward or rewind through a track or file.
- Random/Repeat: The head unit offers Random (All/Folder) and Repeat (Track/Folder/All) playback functions.
Song/Artist/Album Information: During playback, the unit's touchscreen monitor will display song, artist, and album information (no album art).
CTA-2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the XDVD276BT are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the XDVD276BT are as follows:
- CTA-2006 Specs: 16 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
4V/6Ch RCA Outputs: The XDVD276BT features front, rear and subwoofer 4-volt RCA outputs. The front and rear speaker RCA outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer RCA output is non-fading. You can also adjust the subwoofer output's low-pass crossover (80/120/160Hz) and volume level (0-15).
EQ & Surround Modes: The XDVD276BT is equipped with a built-in EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Flat, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 7-band graphic EQ (60, 150, 400, 1k, 3k, 7k, 15k Hz). The unit also features a variety of Surround modes (Concert, Wide, Church, Live, Passive, None) that create a unique soundstage inside your vehicle.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. Loudness cutoff frequency can be set to 400, 800, or 2400Hz.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual XDVD276BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. The built-in AM/FM tuner allows you to store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (for a total of 30 presets). You can tune your presets manually or have the head unit do it automatically. The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Dual Aux Inputs: The Dual XDVD276BT DVD receiver is fitted with two Aux inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm audio only auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio player. There is also a rear-panel AV auxiliary input which consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks. The AV aux input can be used for connection of a permanent external audio/video source, such as a Blu-ray player or TV tuner.
Dual Video Outputs: Two composite video RCA output jacks allow you to an add external monitors, such as rear headrest monitors or an overhead monitor (sold separately). The video outputs will display whatever image is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. The video outputs can display a DVD or AV input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Rear-View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional back-up camera (sold separately). This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. This increased visibility encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (orange wire of the harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds.
6.2" LCD Touchscreen: The Dual XDVD276BT features a 6.2" LCD touchscreen monitor (800x480) with LED backlighting. This unit's touchscreen controls with interactive graphics make menu navigation simple and intuitive. You can adjust the screen's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and sharpness level; as well as select from three different wallpapers/backgrounds.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the pink wire of the included harness must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Remote Control: The Dual XDVD276BT comes with a wireless IR steering wheel remote control that clips onto your vehicle's steering wheel and is compatible with optional steering wheel control interfaces that allow you to retain your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls.
- IR Steering Wheel Remote: The included 5-button IR remote control features a clip-on bracket that allows you to attach the remote to your vehicle's steering wheel and provides wireless operation of the DVD receiver's basic functions (including Volume/Mute, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track). The clip-on bracket has a 1.0625" opening. No battery is included with the remote. You'll need to purchase a CR2025 3V battery.
- Optional Steering Wheel Control Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input and is compatible with a PAC or Metra steering wheel control interface adapter (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), so you can keep your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls.
Dual (Dual) iPlug App: The free Dual iPlug app (for Apple iOS 9.1+ and Android OS 4.4+) turns your Bluetooth connected Apple iOS or Android OS device into a wireless remote control for the Dual XDVD276BT receiver. This app controls most of the primary functions of your receiver, including -
- Power On/Off
- Source Selection
- AM/FM Band, Tuning & Presets
- Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track (for Bluetooth, iPod/iPhone, USB, & microSD)
- Volume, Mute, & Loudness
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the 6.2" LCD touchscreen, the unit also has push-button controls and a 3-way rotary dial on the front-panel along the left edge of the screen.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked