About the Dual XHD6425
Dual's XHD6425 CD receiver provides an amazing variety of listening choices. For starters, a built-in HD Radio tuner lets you enjoy the improved AM/FM sound quality and increased programming choices offered by free HD Radio broadcasts.
This versatile receiver also makes it easy to play your entire music collection. You'll find a convenient front-panel USB input, perfect for connecting thumb drives or many portable music players. The CD drive plays your favorite MP3 or WMA files, so you can load a disc with multiple albums or playlists and hit the road. A front-panel auxiliary input bats cleanup, providing a convenient place to plug in your portable player or a Dock & Play satellite radio.
Power and tone
Versatility doesn't count for much if the music doesn't sound good. No problems here the built-in amplifier boasts plenty of power, and five selectable EQ curves alter the sound with the touch of a button. The two sets of preamp outputs allow plenty of options if you're considering adding an amp or powered subwoofer.
Have a Bluetooth phone? Add the optional Bluetooth module and you'll be able to answer and place calls using the receiver's front panel controls.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- HD Radio tuner built in, receives multicasting content (where available)
- detachable face
- remote control
- 5 preset EQ settings
- compatible with Dual Bluetooth adapter
- inputs: front-panel USB and auxiliary inputs (USB input not compatible with iPod®)
- outputs: two sets of preamp outputs
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XHD6425
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA receiver with 10-amp fuse and two transport screws installed in the chassis
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness (has one set of preamp outputs)
- XHD6425 wireless remote control
- CR2032 Lithium battery
- Rear stud bolt (installed)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 1 Metal support strap
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO-mount machine screws
- 4 Pan-head ISO-mount machine screws
- 3/4" Bolt with nut attached
- 5/8" Bolt with flat and split lock washers and nut attached
- Star lock washer
- Face-fixing screw
- Self-adhesive Dual logo badge
- Installation/Owner's Manual (English)
- Installation/Owner's Manual (French)
Dual XHD6425 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XHD6425
Features & specs
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Detachable Faceplate: The headunit features a detachable faceplate and comes supplied with a hard plastic carrying case.
Display Priority: You can set the unit to a source display or clock display priority. When set to source display priority, the radio tuner frequency, CD track/elapsed time, selected MP3/WMA information (track name, directory name, title, artist, or album), or Aux display will be displayed. The display priority is easily changed with the Display button.
Clock Display: Normally, the clock display illuminates only when the unit is on. You can program it so the clock is displayed when the ignition key is turned on and the unit is off.
CEA-2006 Compliant Amplifier: The Dual XHD6425 features a CEA-2006 Compliant rated amplifier that offers 17 watts RMS x 4 channels in 4 ohms at 1% THD+N with a Signal-To-Noise Ratio of 80dBA. The headunit also features two sets of 2-volt preamp outputs for connecting an external amplifier.
Preset EQ Curves: You can choose from five preset curves: Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, and Rock. Any adjustment to the bass or treble settings automatically cancels the current EQ curve.
Bass And Treble: The headunit's Bass and Treble can be independently adjusted from -6 to +6 dB.
Loudness Curve: You can activate this feature to enhance the bass and treble frequencies when listening to music at low volumes.
Source Audio Memory: Individual bass and treble settings are retained in memory for AM, FM, CD, USB, and AUX modes. This allows you to save the Bass and Treble settings separately for each mode.
Turn-on Volume: You can preset the unit's volume when it is powered on. Each time the unit is turned on, the volume is reset to the preset level regardless of the volume level when the unit was last turned off.
Beep Confirmation: You can enable or disable beep confirmation for the headunit's control buttons.
Built-In HD Tuner: In addition to the unit's standard analog AM/FM tuner, the headunit features a built-in HD AM/FM tuner. With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. This technology will significantly improve audio quality and reception, as well as include information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD radio delivers near CD quality sound to FM broadcasts, and FM sound to AM broadcasts. You can store up to 18 FM stations and 12 AM stations, including HD Radio stations. This headunit also supports HD Radio multicasting and allows multicast HD Radio stations to be stored as presets.
Note: Your local stations must be broadcasting HD AM/FM broadcasts to receive HD Radio content. No subscriptions fee needed for HD Radio programming.
HD Seek Mode: In addition to searching through both analog and digital stations, you can search only HD stations by using the headunit's HD Seek Mode. During this mode the headunit will skip over all analog stations and tune to only HD Radio stations.
Automatic Presets: The headunit can automatically store the six strongest stations in the current band selected. Multicast channels are not stored during Auto Preset and must be manually preset.
SRAM Buffer: An internal SRAM buffer provides ESP (Electronic Skip Protection) to virtually eliminate skipping of your MP3/WMA CD-R/RW discs and allows alphanumeric or direct track search even while a song is currently playing.
DSP Processor: The headunit's powerful on-board DSP processor decodes MP3/WMA compressed audio files while maintaining near-CD sound quality.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play MP3 and WMA files that have been recorded with constant bit rate (MP3: 8-320 kbps/WMA: 32-192 kbps) or variable bit rate compression on CD-R and CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded using ISO 9660 level 1 or level 2, Yellow Book MODE 1, or Yellow Book MODE 2 FORM 1. In addition, this unit is compatible with ID3 Tag version 1.x. Discs should be recorded with a maximum of 256 folders and files and 8 folder levels.
MP3/WMA Search Modes: The preset buttons and other buttons on the front panel can be used for entering letters or numbers to assist you in locating specific MP3 or WMA files and folders. The following search functions can be performed by this unit:
- Direct File Select: search for specific file number
- Alphanumeric File/Folder Search: search for file or folder names by entering alphanumeric characters
- File/Folder Navigate: search for all available files within a folder
Auxiliary Input: There is a front-mounted 3.5mm auxiliary input on the headunit for connecting an external portable audio device such as a portable MP3 player. If you aren't using the aux input, it can be turned off in the menu so when you toggle through the sources aux doesn't appear.
USB Port: The XHD6425 features a front-panel USB port for connecting an external USB mass storage device. The headunit's USB port allows you to play MP3 (32-320kbps constant or variable bit rates) and WMA (32-192kbps constant or variable bit rates) files from most mass storage USB devices. The XHD6425 has a playback capacity of 48,896 MP3/WMA with 127 maximum number of folders, 382 maximum number of files in each folder and 8 maximum number of folder levels. In addition, the USB input also supports ID3 tags, version 1.x. The XHD6425 will display either elapsed time (default), track number, clock, track name, directory name, title, artist or album when connecting and playing a USB external source. Your connected portable USB mass storage device will also charge through this headunit's USB port. The headunit does not need to be in the USB mode in order to charge your connected device through the USB port. The USB port is found on the front panel of the headunit behind a protective cover. The XHD6425 offers the following playback and search options through it's USB connection.
- Direct File Select: you can use the rotary encoder or the number buttons on the front of the headunit or on the supplied remote control to access MP3/WMA music files directly
- File Navigation: you can use the rotary encoder to search through and select a desired track
- Folder Access: you can use the next/previous buttons to search through and select a desired folder
- File Repeat: repeats a selected MP3/WMA music file
- Folder Repeat: repeats all MP3/WMA music files in the current folder
- Random: plays all MP3/WMA music files in random order
- Folder Random: plays all MP3/WMA music files in the current folder in random order
- Intro: plays first 10 seconds of each MP3/WMA music file on your USB device
- Folder Intro: plays the first 10 seconds of each MP3/WMA music file in the current folder
- Track Select: skips to beginning of the next or previous track
- Fast Forward/Reverse: fast forwards or reverses through the current track
- Pause: temporarily stops USB playback
Note: MP3/WMA playback sequence is based on the order in which the files are copied to your USB device and begins in the root folder. Any empty folders or folders that do not include MP3/WMA files are skipped.
Bluetooth Ready: The XHD6425 supports Bluetooth wireless hands-free calling (HFP), advanced wireless audio distribution (A2DP), and wireless audio/video remote control (AVRCP) when connected to the optional DUAL BTM60 Bluetooth module (070BTM60, sold separately) and used with your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or MP3 player. The optional BTM60 adapter connects to the 8-pin plug on the rear of the headunit. The unit can communicate with up to 8 Bluetooth devices.
- Hands-Free Calling (HFP): When connected to the optional BTM60 adapter and used with your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, you can make, receive or end phone calls from the XHD6425. You can dial out using the unit's front panel numbered buttons or from a listing of the last five phone calls from received, dialed or missed call categories that are displayed on the unit's front display panel. Incoming phone numbers will scroll across the unit's display so you know who is calling and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. The BTM60's built-in microphone and transfer of incoming audio through your vehicle's speakers allow you to carry on a mobile conversation without picking up your cell-phone.
- Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP): The XHD6425 also supports A2DP wireless streaming music audio from your Bluetooth enabled device when connected to the optional BTM60 allowing you to listen to audio wireless from your Bluetooth compatible mobile phone or portable MP3 player. You can choose for the Bluetooth audio to come through all of your vehicle's speakers or only your front speakers.
- Audio/Video Remote Control (AVRCP): In addition, you can control your wireless streaming music audio from the front panel of the XHD6425 using AVRCP when connected to the optional BTM60 Bluetooth adapter. The BTM60 adapter allows you to control the following playback functions of your wireless streaming music audio from the XHD6425- Play, Pause, Stop, Next Skip, and Previous Skip.
Wireless Remote: The XHD6425 comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control that operates playback, audio and menu functions of the headunit. Dimensions: W = 1.845", L = 3.738", D = 0.779"