About the Dual XHD7714
Get loads of features without spending loads of money. Dual's XHD7714 CD receiver includes a built-in HD Radio tuner, iPod® control, and Bluetooth® all of which are often expensive upgrades on other receivers.
Lots of listening options
Versatility is the name of the game with the XHD7714. You'll get full control over your iPod with the included cable browse through your artists, albums, and playlists right on the receiver, or by using the included remote.
Connect other sources to the front-panel auxiliary and USB inputs, or play CDs you've loaded with your favorite MP3 and WMA files. One thing's for sure, you'll have the tunes covered for your next road trip.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
HD Radio with iTunes tagging
A built-in tuner delivers the enhanced sound quality of HD Radio participating FM stations will sound almost as good as a CD, while AM stations sound more like traditional FM. And most HD Radio stations send out text info, so you can see artist and song info right on the XHD7714's screen. Many stations also offer secondary channels on the same frequency, giving you even more listening choices.
Here's the coolest part with an iPod connected to the XHD7714, you can "tag" songs you hear on an HD Radio station for downloading later. The next time you sync your iPod to your computer, you'll be prompted to buy the songs you tagged from the iTunes store.
You won't have to purchase an additional adapter to make safer hands-free calls in your vehicle Dual builds Bluetooth right into the XHD7714. With your compatible phone, you can make and receive calls through your vehicle's speakers.
Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
Power and tone
Of course, none of this means much if it doesn't sound good, and the built-in amplifier has plenty of power to do your tunes justice. You can tweak the sound to your taste using 5 preset EQ curves, while bass and treble controls let you fine-tune to perfection. Three sets of preamp outputs let you add amps and subs for maximum sonic kick.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Dual stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Dual, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- HD Radio tuner built in, receives multicasting content (where available)
- full iPod® control with iTunes tagging (on HD Radio stations)
- built-in Bluetooth®
- detachable face with 2-line display
- remote control
- 5 preset EQ settings
- inputs: front-panel USB and auxiliary inputs (USB input not compatible with iPod a separate iPod cable is included)
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA receiver with 10-amp fuse and two transport screws installed in the chassis
- Hard plastic face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- XHD7714 wireless remote control
- CR2038 Lithium battery
- 39" iPod connector cable with a proprietary iPod connector on one end and a USB type-A and 3.5mm connector on other end
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 1 Metal support strap
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO-mount machine screws
- 4 Pan-head ISO-mount machine screws
- 3/4" Bolt with nut attached
- 5/8" Bolt with flat and split lock washers and nut attached
- Star lock washer
- Rear stud bolt
- 2 Face fixing screws
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- 4 Small machine screws
- Installation/Owner's Manual
- Service note (attached to top of unit)
- "Semi-permanent front-panel installation" note
- Dual logo sticker
Dual XHD7714 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual XHD7714
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Fold-Down Detachable Face: The headunit features a manual fold-down, detachable faceplate and comes supplied with a hard plastic carrying case.
Display Priority: You can set the unit to a source display or clock display priority. When set to source display priority, the radio tuner frequency, CD track/elapsed time, selected MP3/WMA information (track name, directory name, title, artist, or album), or Aux display will be displayed. The display priority is easily changed with the Display button.
Clock Display: Normally, the clock display illuminates only when the unit is on. You can program it so the clock is displayed when the ignition key is turned on and the unit is off.
Illumination Dimmer: The headunit's display features three illumination settings. You can choose from Low, Med, or High.
CEA-2006 Compliant Amplifier: The Dual XHD7714 features a CEA-2006 Compliant rated amplifier that offers 17 watts RMS x 4 channels in 4 ohms at 1% THD+N with a Signal-To-Noise Ratio of 80dBA.
3 Sets of Preamp Outputs: The Dual XHD7714 features three sets of preamp outputs (Front, Rear, and Subwoofer). The Front and Rear preamp outputs allow you to fade your music front to rear and balance the sound left to right. The Subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The Subwoofer preamp output offers separate volume control from 0-12 to enhance the sound of your connected amplifier and subwoofer without effecting the rest of your car audio speaker system.
Preset EQ Curves: You can choose from six preset curves: Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, and Rock. Any adjustment to the bass or treble settings automatically cancels the current EQ curve.
Bass And Treble: The headunit's Bass and Treble can be independently adjusted from -6 to +6 dB.
Loudness Curve: You can activate this feature to enhance the bass and treble frequencies when listening to music at low volumes.
Source Audio Memory: Individual bass and treble settings are retained in memory for AM, FM, CD, USB, and AUX modes. This allows you to save the Bass and Treble settings separately for each mode.
Source Volume Level: The source volume level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (AM, FM, CD, AUX, USB and Bluetooth). You can set the source volume level (-6 to +6) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Turn-on Volume: You can preset the unit's volume when it is powered on. Each time the unit is turned on, the volume is reset to the preset level regardless of the volume level when the unit was last turned off.
Beep Confirmation: You can enable or disable beep confirmation for the headunit's control buttons.
Built-In HD Tuner: In addition to the unit's standard analog AM/FM tuner, the headunit features a built-in HD AM/FM tuner. With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. This technology will significantly improve audio quality and reception, as well as include information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver's display. HD radio delivers near CD quality sound to FM broadcasts, and FM sound to AM broadcasts. You can store up to 18 FM stations and 12 AM stations, including HD Radio stations. This headunit also supports HD Radio multicasting and allows multicast HD Radio stations to be stored as presets.
Note: Your local stations must be broadcasting HD AM/FM broadcasts to receive HD Radio content. No subscriptions fee needed for HD Radio programming.
HD Seek Mode: In addition to searching through both analog and digital stations, you can search only HD stations by using the headunit's HD Seek Mode. During this mode the headunit will skip over all analog stations and tune to only HD Radio stations.
Automatic Presets: The headunit can automatically store the six strongest stations in the current band selected. Multicast channels are not stored during Auto Preset and must be manually preset.
iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature of the XHD7714 allows you to "Tag" songs that are playing on HD Radio station and enables them to be purchase later through iTunes. With the touch of a button the unit will remember the title and artist song information, and then transfer that information to your iPod the next time you connect it to the XHD7714 using the supplied 2-wire cable. The following mode iPods support iTunes Tagging.
- iPod video (5th gen)
- iPod nano (3rd/4th/5th gen)
- iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
Disc Compatibility: The XHD7714 supports playback of CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW discs.
SRAM Buffer: An internal SRAM buffer provides ESP (Electronic Skip Protection) to virtually eliminate skipping of your MP3/WMA CD-R/RW discs and allows alphanumeric or direct track search even while a song is currently playing.
DSP Processor: The headunit's powerful on-board DSP processor decodes MP3/WMA compressed audio files while maintaining near-CD sound quality.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play MP3 and WMA files that have been recorded with constant bit rate (MP3: 32-320 kbps/WMA: 48-192 kbps) or variable bit rate compression on CD-R and CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded using ISO 9660 level 1 or level 2, Yellow Book MODE 1, or Yellow Book MODE 2 FORM 1. In addition, this unit is compatible with ID3 Tag version 1.0 to 2.4. Discs should be recorded with a maximum of 256 folders and files and 8 folder levels.
MP3/WMA Search Modes: The preset buttons and other buttons on the front panel can be used for entering letters or numbers to assist you in locating specific MP3 or WMA files and folders. The following search functions can be performed by this unit:
- Direct File Select: search for specific file number
- Alphanumeric File/Folder Search: search for file or folder names by entering alphanumeric characters
- File/Folder Navigate: search for all available files within a folder
USB Port: The XHD7714 features a front-panel USB port for connecting an external USB mass storage device. The headunit's USB port allows you to play MP3 (32-320kbps constant or variable bit rates) and WMA (48-192kbps constant or variable bit rates) files from most mass storage USB devices formatted in FAT or FAT32 file system. The XHD7714 has a playback capacity of 28,000 MP3/WMA with 255 maximum number of folders, 999 maximum number of files in each folder and 8 maximum number of folder levels. In addition, the USB input also supports ID3 tags, version 1.0-2.0. The XHD7714 will display either elapsed time (default), track number, clock, track name, directory name, title, artist or album when connecting and playing a USB external source. Your connected portable USB mass storage device will also charge through this headunit's USB port. The headunit does not need to be in the USB mode in order to charge your connected device through the USB port. The USB port is found on the front panel of the headunit behind a protective cover. The XHD7714 offers the following playback and search options through its USB connection.
- Direct File Select: you can use the rotary encoder or the number buttons on the front of the headunit or on the supplied remote control to access MP3/WMA music files directly
- File Navigation: you can use the rotary encoder to search through and select a desired track
- Folder Access: you can use the next/previous buttons to search through and select a desired folder
- File Repeat: repeats a selected MP3/WMA music file
- Folder Repeat: repeats all MP3/WMA music files in the current folder
- Random: plays all MP3/WMA music files in random order
- Folder Random: plays all MP3/WMA music files in the current folder in random order
- Intro: plays first 10 seconds of each MP3/WMA music file on your USB device
- Folder Intro: plays the first 10 seconds of each MP3/WMA music file in the current folder
- Track Select: skips to beginning of the next or previous track
- Fast Forward/Reverse: fast forwards or reverses through the current track
- Pause: temporarily stops USB playback
Note: MP3/WMA playback sequence is based on the order in which the files are copied to your USB device and begins in the root folder. Any empty folders or folders that do not include MP3/WMA files are skipped.
iPod Operation: The front-panel USB port along with the front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary port can also be used to connect your iPod or iPhone to the XHD7714 using the included 39-inch, 2-wire iPod cable. Once you have connected your iPod and set the XHD7714 in iPod mode, your connected iPod will automatically begin playback (if a song is playing on the iPod before it is connected, it will continue to play). The XHD7714 provides audio playback, navigation control, display information, and charging of your iPod. Your iPod's controls will be locked during connection. The XHD7714 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of Nov. 2009):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control||Display||Charge|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the headunit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
Auxiliary Input: There is a front-mounted 3.5mm auxiliary input on the headunit for connecting an external portable audio device such as a portable MP3 player. If you aren't using the aux input, it can be turned off in the menu so when you toggle through the sources aux doesn't appear.
Wireless Remote: The XHD7714 comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control that operates playback, audio and menu functions of the headunit. The remote operates off of a single 3V Lithium battery (CR2038). Dimensions: W = 1.585", L = 3.385", D = 0.3125"
Steering Wheel Input: The steering wheel interface input located on the back of the unit allows connect to the PAC SWI-PS interface module (127SWIPS, sold separately). The SWI-PS interface allows you to retain the use of your steering wheel and/or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit in select vehicles. The SWI-PS is compatible with over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to the present. Compatible vehicles include many Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagen vehicles and Harley Davidson motorcycles.
Note: Please consult the "Crutchfield Car Selector" to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Built-In Bluetooth: The XHD7714 supports Bluetooth wireless hands-free calling (HFP), advanced wireless audio distribution (A2DP), and wireless audio/video remote control (AVRCP) when connected your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or MP3 player. The XHD7714 features a front-panel microphone for speaking and transfers audio over your vehicle's speakers for listening. The unit can communicate with up to 8 Bluetooth devices.
- Hands-Free Calling (HFP): When paired to your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, you can make, receive or end phone calls from the XHD7714. You can dial out using the unit's front panel numbered buttons or from a listing of the last five phone calls from received, dialed or missed call categories that are displayed on the unit's front display panel. Incoming phone numbers will scroll across the unit's display so you know who is calling and an audible ring tone will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. The XHD7714's front-panel, built-in microphone and transfer of incoming audio through your vehicle's speakers allow you to carry on a mobile conversation without picking up your cell-phone.
- Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP): The XHD7714 also supports A2DP wireless streaming music audio from your Bluetooth enabled device allowing you to listen to audio wireless from your Bluetooth compatible mobile phone or portable MP3 player. You can choose for the Bluetooth audio to come through all of your vehicle's speakers or only your front speakers.
- Audio/Video Remote Control (AVRCP): In addition, you can control your wireless streaming music audio from the front panel of the XHD7714 using AVRCP when paired with your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or portable MP3 player. The XHD7714 allows you to control the following playback functions of your wireless streaming music audio - Play, Pause, Stop, Next Skip, and Previous Skip.