About the Fujifilm Instax SQUARE SQ10
A camera with instant appeal
A camera with instant appeal
I had a blast testing out Fujifilm's SQUARE SQ10 instant camera. I'm a regular DSLR user, so the simplicity of a camera like this is a huge plus when I want to have some fun just taking pictures without thinking about settings. Nothing tops the excitement of hitting the shutter button and watching your square photo develop right before your eyes. Seriously, it doesn't get old.
Get creative with specialized modes and color filters
I'm also a huge camera geek, and the SQ10 offers a few tweaks I found irresistible. It has a large LCD screen for composing and editing your images. You can choose between different color filters — including black & white and sepia — to give your photos a different look and feel.
I'm a fan of long exposures, so I was thrilled to see it had a Bulb mode and a tripod mount. And it even lets you do double exposures — a huge plus in my book.
Convenient storage makes it easy to re-print photos to share
The SQ10 has enough internal memory to store up to 50 shots, so you can re-print photos to share, or even edit and print different versions of the same photo. It also has a microSD card slot so you can increase the storage.
- hybrid digital/analog camera produces square instant prints for sharing, display, or scrapbooking
- uses Fujifilm Instax Square instant film
- 3" LCD monitor for composing and editing images
- 1/4" CMOS sensor with primary color filter
- fixed 28.5mm (35mm equivalent) focal length
- f/2.4 maximum aperture
- minimum focus distance: 3.9"
- Standard, Double exposure, and Bulb shooting modes
- shutter speed: 1/29500 seconds to 1/2 second in Auto mode, maximum 10 seconds in Bulb mode
- ISO 100 to 1600 (Auto)
- self-timer for selfies and group shots
- 10 image effect filters, plus vignette and brightness adjustment add a unique feel to your photos
- stores JPEG images on microSD and microSDHC memory cards
- printing time: approximately 12 seconds
- print history stores up to 50 images that can be re-printed later
- tripod thread
- includes rechargeable lithium ion battery, USB charging cable, and neck strap
- 4-11/16"W x 5"H x 1-7/8"D
- weight: 15.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 600018496
What's in the box:
- Instax Square SQ10 instant camera (black)
- NP-50 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V 1000mAh)
- 24" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Wrist strap
- 2 Strap rings
- Clip attaching tool
- User's Guide
- Caution on Opening the Film Door
- Warranty sheet
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
Fujifilm Instax SQUARE SQ10 reviews
My order arrived earlier and in good condition. Love the product, I can't wait to take awesome photos with it. Film size have the same height with the regular instax film but only square for this one. Must really read the manual for more techniques.
1 of 4 found this helpful
I think its awesome! I like the product highlights so much different from instax8. I liked it!
Pros: I like square thingy for the film the best idea! Just like instagram pic but its already developed. And then the effects are already built in. Then the timer for the shot is awesome too to take a selfie. And of course the micro SD Card is the best idea! It can save now photos and then can reprint it.
Cons: Nothing more to say to be against to this new instax 10. Everything is fine and awesome!
3 of 5 found this helpful
More details on the Fujifilm Instax SQUARE SQ10
Overview: The Fujifilm Instax Square SQ10 hybrid digital/instant camera can take photos and can instantly produce sharp, high quality, 2-7/16" square prints. It also has a microSD card slot that lets you store your images until you are ready to print. The Instax Square SQ10 comes with a hand strap, and a rechargeable battery.
Instax Square Instant Film: The Instax Square SQ10 uses Instax Square instant film exclusively, which comes in packs of 10 sheets each. (No film is included with the camera). The camera can instantly produce full color photos on special paper that is 2.835" wide and 3.386" high. The image appears on the paper as a 2.44" square.
Image Sensor: The camera is equipped with a 1/4" CMOS image sensor with a primary color filter. It can produce photos with a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080.
3" LCD Monitor: You can frame and play back your shots using the 3" TFT color LCD monitor. The monitor has a total resolution of 460,000 dots. In addition, the monitor displays the camera settings for shooting and playback.
Lens: The Instax Square SQ10 has a fixed 28.5mm lens (35mm equivalent) with a maximum aperture of f/2.4. The camera has a Single AF (auto focus) system with a range of 10cm (3.94") to infinity.
Internal Memory: Unlike other Instax cameras, the SQ10 has an internal flash memory for storing images until you are ready to start printing. The built-in memory can store up to approximately 50 JPEG image files.
microSD Card Slot: In addition to the internal memory, the SQ10 is equipped with a microSD card slot for storing images. The camera will accept microSD cards up to 4 GB or microSDHC cards up to 32 GB. The memory cards can store approximately 1000 image files per 1 gigabyte.
Shooting Modes: The Instax Square SQ10 offers three shooting modes:
- Standard: Used for normal photography, the standard mode takes a single photograph without flash in bright light, or with automatic flash when lighting is low. You can turn off the flash, if desired.
- Bulb Mode: The Bulb mode takes photos with long exposures up to 10 seconds. Use of a tripod or table top is recommended to prevent blur.
- Double Exposure: You can combine two photos into one printed picture. Shooting a double exposure requires pressing the shutter button twice.
Exposure: The SQ10 features Programmed AE automatic exposure. The aperture is fixed at f/2.4 and the shutter speed is variable from 1/2 second to 1/29500 second. The bulb mode allows long exposures up to 10 seconds. The camera has Auto ISO sensitivity that is variable from ISO 100 to 1600.
Self-Timer: The camera offers two self timer modes: a 10-second self-timer to allow the photographer to get into the picture, and a 2-second self-timer to help prevent picture blur.
Image Effects: The SQ10 offers several special effects for creating creative photographs. There are 10 different filters to choose from: Cornelius, Monochrome, Luna, Immerse, Amber, Marmalade, Martini, Sepia, Roppongi, and Highline. You can also adjust the brightness of the image by + or - 1-2/3 to compensate for high or low lighting levels. The brightness of the four corners of the photograph can be lightened or darkened to create a circular Vignette effect.
Flash: The camera features an automatic electronic flash with a range of approximately 20" to 26'-3" (50cm-8m). There are five flash modes: Auto Flash, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro, and Red-eye/Slow Synchro.
Power: The Instax Square SQ10 is powered by the NP-50 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7 volts, 1000mAh). The battery charges in the camera in approximately 3-4 hours using the supplied USB charging cable and a PC or a DC 5.0V/500mA or 1000mA power source. A fully charged battery has the capacity to print up to 160 prints.
Built-in Printer: The Instax Square SQ10 can print full color square prints from image files stored in the internal memory or on a loaded microSD card. You can print shortly after shooting, or print after selecting an image in the memory. You can also print from the last 50 images stored in print history. Each photo takes approximately 12 seconds to print. The camera uses Fujifilm Instax Square Instant Film (sold separately), which comes in packs of 10 sheets. No film is included with the SQ10 camera.
Digital Zoom: You can zoom up to 2.4x on a recorded image to print a selected portion of the image.
Image Specs: The printed images have the following specifications:
- Film Size: 2.835" x 3.386"
- Image Size: 2.44" x 2.44"
- Supported Image Size: 800 x 800 dots
- Printing Solution: 318 dpi (12.5 dots/mm)
- Dot Pitch: 80 µm
- Printing Levels: 256 levels per color (RGB)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?