About the Fujinon Techno-Stabi™ TS1440 Binoculars
Enjoy clear, stabilized vision on land or at sea
Enjoy clear, stabilized vision on land or at sea
If you've ever used high-powered binoculars, you know how "jumpy" they can be. Even your slightest movement can cause the image to bounce around wildly. The Fujinon Techno-Stabi TS1440 solves this problem with built-in image stabilization.
How does it work?
The binoculars use a built-in, battery-powered gyroscope to sense motion. Optical prisms in each barrel adjust themselves automatically to counteract that motion. This ensures smooth, steady vision that isn't typically achievable with handheld binoculars.
A built-in grip and top-mounted controls make for easy one-handed operation.
My first-hand impressions
I brought the Techno-Stabi TS1440 home for a few weeks to test it out. Simply put, it was a delight to use. I marveled at the bright, crisp image it delivered. And I was continually impressed by the image stabilization. The top-mounted power button let me switch the stabilization on and off, instantly illustrating how effective it was at maintaining a stable view.
Ideal for wildlife or astronomy observation
Fujinon made the TS1440 the perfect companion for nature lovers. Its powerful 14X magnification lets you check out birds and other animals from a great distance.
Want to take in the moon without hauling your giant telescope outside? I've found these binoculars a great way to check out the heavens above. This is where its image stabilization shines. No more propping yourself up against your car — or lugging around a tripod — to get a smooth view of the night sky.
Waterproof and fog-proof
The water- and fog-proof Techno-Stabi TS1440 was built for adventure, too. Take these sturdy binoculars with you on your boat or kayak. You'll be able to scout ahead without worrying about rain or mist fogging up your lenses. The included flotation strap ensures that a dunk into water won't mean saying goodbye to your investment.
Need some help choosing binoculars?
Check out our binoculars shopping guide for tips on choosing the right pair for your activities.
- 14 x 40 binoculars with built-in image stabilization
- ideal for wildlife or astronomy observation
- ±5° of vertical stabilization allows you to use it on land, sea, or in the air
- waterproof and fog-proof design for use in all weather conditions
- rubber armored body provides a firm grip and protects against bumps
- phase-coated prisms provide a sharp, high-contrast image
- automatic shut-off feature helps improve battery life
- adjustable focus wheel built into right eye cup makes changing your focus simple
- magnification: 14X
- objective lens diameter: 40mm
- linear field of view at 1000 yards: 263 feet
- eye relief: 13mm
- exit pupil: 2.9mm
- uses 4 "AA" batteries (included)
- weight: 2.71 lbs. (without batteries)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- flotation strap for use on or around water
- mil spec hard case for safe, secure storage
- MFR # 600017066
What's in the box:
- 14 x 40 Binoculars with image stabilization
- Eyepiece caps (installed)
- 4 "AA" batteries
- Padded floatation neck strap
- Cleaning cloth
- Hard storage case
- Operation Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Disposal guidelines
More details on the Fujinon Techno-Stabi™ TS1440 Binoculars
Overview: The Fujifilm Techno-Stabi series binoculars feature active image stabilization to give you vibration-free viewing whenever you need it. If you're using your binoculars from a moving vehicle or a boat, it's difficult to keep the object in view. At the push of a button, the built-in image stabilization locks in on your subject to create a stabilized field of vision. The Fujifilm TS1440 comes with eyepiece caps, batteries, a padded float strap, and a mil spec hard case for secure storage.
Construction: The Techno-Stabi series binoculars have a rubber armored body for a non-slip grip, especially in wet conditions. The optical tubes are Nitrogen-purged and O-ring sealed to make them water- and fog-proof. The binoculars feature Fujinon's unique EBC coating (Electron Beam Coating) applied to every optical surface for excellent light transmission, making them ideal for use low light conditions. In addition, the binoculars have 100% multi-coated optics for reducing reflections.
Hand Strap: The TS1440 includes a hand strap that may be installed on either side of the binoculars. The hand strap has a hook-and-loop fastener so you can adjust it to fit snugly.
Image Stabilization: The Techno-Stabi series binoculars uses microprocessor controlled Gyro Vibration sensors to detect cyclical and repetitive motion in the Azimuth (AZ) and Elevation (EL), such as that on a boat or moving vehicle. The microprocessor outputs signals to the direct drive motors to correct the vibrations, within the ±5° freedom of stabilization angle, for 0° accuracy. The image stabilization also eliminates jittery images due to muscle tremor. The system is powered by 4 "AA" alkaline batteries (included). Standard alkaline batteries last for approximately 3 hours of constant use. Image Stabilization features an automatic shutoff to help improve battery life.
1 Year Warranty: The Fujifilm Techno-Stabi series binoculars are protected by a 1-Year Limited Warranty. The warranty applies to the original end user, and does not cover rubber or accessories.
- Model: Techno Stabi TS1440
- Magnification: 14x
- Objective Diameter: 40mm
- Apparent Field of View: 4°
- Compensation Angle (Stabilization Freedom): ±5°
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 16.4'
- Field of View at 1000 yards: 263'
- Field of View at 1000 meters: 70m
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 2.86mm
- Relative Brightness: 8.18
- Eye Relief: 13mm
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 60-70mm (2.36"-2.76")
- Dimensions: Width 5.928" Height 7.333" Depth 3.5"
- Weight: 2 pounds 14.6 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?