Fujifilm XF10 Digital Camera
24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor digital camera with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® (Champagne Gold)
Item # 072XF10CG | MFR # 16583432
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Fujifilm XF10 Digital Camera by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
X-Series image quality anywhere, anytime
If you're looking for an affordable pocket-sized camera that's easy to use and takes beautiful pictures, there's a lot to love about the Fujifilm XF10. High-quality components, versatile options, and superior image quality with exceptional color reproduction make this premium compact camera a winner whether you're an experienced photographer or just stepping up from your smartphone camera.
Simple, intuitive operation
There's a Mode dial on top of the XF10, along with front and rear command dials for setting aperture and shutter speed. You can also access different functions via the touchscreen and Fn buttons. If you want to let the camera take over — and even the pros do that from time to time — just turn the dial to SR, and the camera will optimize the focus and settings according to the subject and scene.
Wireless convenience and control
Built-in Bluetooth allows seamless transfer of images from the XF10 to your smartphone, for easy sharing with family and friends. The camera also connects wirelessly to Fujifilm Instax printers. Fujifilm's Camera Remote app lets you change settings and trigger the camera's shutter for hands-free operation — great for group and self-portraits, or shooting on a tripod.
Capture more light with a high-quality built-in lens
The XF10 boasts a premium wide-angle lens with an f/2.8 maximum aperture that's great for creating radiant low-light images and crisp portraits with beautifully blurred backgrounds. Its 35mm equivalent focal length of 28mm lets you capture landscapes and street scenes as well as close-ups with outstanding detail and sharpness.
The XF10's built-in lens has a minimum focus distance of just 3.9 inches in Macro mode, so you can change up perspectives by getting extra close to your subject. And the camera's Digital Teleconverter lets you switch between 28mm, 35mm, and 50mm equivalent focal lengths if you want to tighten up your compositions.
Great performance for stills and video
The XF10's 24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor is about 14 times larger than the sensors found in most phone cameras. This means you can get sharp, high-resolution images with beautiful background effects, even in dim lighting. The camera records video in 4K resolution at a rate of 15 frames per second, or in Full HD resolution at up to 60 frames per second.
Slow down time (or speed it up)
High-Speed Movie mode lets you shoot in HD resolution at up to 4X speeds to capture up to seven minutes of slow-motion video. And an Interval Timer setting lets you capture a sequence of still shots to combine into a time-lapse video.
Awesome color reproduction
Fujifilm has been manufacturing color and black-and-white films for more than 80 years, so they have a deep understanding of the role color plays in creating memorable photos. The XF10's 11 different film simulation modes — including the popular Provia and Velvia film types — let you use different color tones and gradations to add texture, depth, and atmosphere to your photos and videos.
- 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor with primary color filter
- fixed Fujinon 18.5mm f/2.8 lens (35mm equivalent focal length 28mm)
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for easy sharing and control from smart devices
- fast operation and autofocus with high-speed processing engine
- 3" high-resolution (1.04-million-dot) 3-way tilting LCD touchscreen
- Intelligent Hybrid autofocus system with 91 phase-detect points
- Face Detection and Eye Detection AF modes for sharp candids and portraits
- built-in flash
- includes rechargeable NP-95 lithium-ion battery and battery charger, USB cable, and wrist strap
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: up to 6 frames per second
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb (30-1/16000 seconds with electronic shutter)
- ISO sensitivity range from ISO 200-12800, expandable to ISO 100-51200, for superior low-light imaging
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- Advanced SR (Scene Recognition) Auto mode optimizes camera setting and focus to suit the subject and scene
- 11 film simulation modes for traditional and artistic touches
- 14 advanced filter effects including Soft Focus, Toy Camera, and Pop Color for creating unique images
- 5 bracketing functions including AE, ISO, white balance, dynamic range, and film simulation let you choose the best shot from a series of images
- Multiple Exposure and Panorama shooting modes
- interval timer shooting for time-lapse photos and videos
File Formats and Storage:
- still image storage modes: JPEG, RAW, and RAW+JPEG
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 6,000 x 4,000
- movie file format: MOV
- 4K Ultra HD video recording
- shoots Full HD video at 1920 x 1080 resolution
- records photos and video onto optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB 2.0 interface (cable included)
- micro HDMI (Type D) output (cable not included)
- 4-7/16"W x 2-9/16"H x 1-5/8"D
- weight: 9.8 oz. (with SD card and battery)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Digital camera (champagne gold)
- Lens cap (installed)
- NP-95 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.6V 1800mAh 6.2Wh)
- AC5VG AC power adapter with Type A USB port (DC output: 5V 1A)
- US 2-prong AC plug adapter
- 24" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Wrist strap
- Owner's Manual (English)
- Owner's Manual (Spanish)
- Product Registration
- Fujifilm Worldwide Network
- STOP! Customer service sheet
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||28mm|
|Highest Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||9.8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Retro Design: The Fujifilm XF10 digital camera is a premium compact camera with a high quality FUJINON 18.5mm F2.8 fixed lens. The XF10 is compact and lightweight, making it highly portable. It is equipped with a 24.2MP APS-C sized image sensor for producing high quality images, and 4K and Full HD video. The XF10 comes with a lens cap, leather wrist strap, rechargeable battery, USB cable, and AC power adapter.
Image Sensor: The XF10 is equipped with the 23.5mm x 15.7mm (APS-C) CMOS image sensor with 24.2 megapixels. The sensor is 14 times larger than the ones found in typical smartphones, and produces higher quality images.
18.5mm Lens: The XF10 is equipped with an F2.8 18.5mm fixed focal length Fujinon lens. This is equivalent of a 28mm lens in 35mm photography. The lens has a focus range of 3.9" to infinity.
Digital Teleconverter: Using the Digital Teleconverter on the 28mm lens, you can magnify the image to achieve the equivalent of a 35mm or 50mm lens. The image quality using the digital teleconverter is slightly lower than the standard focal length.
LCD Monitor: The XF10 has a 3.0" color 3:2 LCD monitor featuring approximately 1,040,000 dots. The monitor features touchscreen functionality, with Touch Shooting, AF, and Focus Area. You can also swipe, zoom, pinch-in, pinch-out, double-tap, and drag when in display mode. When shooting, you can choose from a customizable standard display or an information off display. In playback mode, you can select a standard, information off, info display, and a favorites display.
Recording Media: Still images and movies can be recorded onto optional SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards. A UHS-I card with a speed class of 3 or better is recommended for 4K movies, multi-focus, or burst photography.
Still Image Quality: The XF10 records still images in JPEG format in 3:2, 16:9, and 1:1 aspect ratios in three sizes and two compression ratios (Fine or Normal). In addition, RAW images can be recorded from the raw, uncompressed image data from the camera's image sensor. RAW format images can be converted to JPEG in the camera. You can also shoot a RAW + JPEG image at the same time, with separate RAW and JPEG files recorded and stored.
|Large||6000 x 4000||6000 x 3376||4000 x 4000||Vertical: 2160 x 9600 |
Horizontal: 9600 x 1440
|Medium||4240 x 2832||4240 x 2384||2832 x 2832||Vertical: 2160 x 6400 |
Horizontal: 6400 x 1440
|Small||3008 x 2000||3008 x 1688||2000 x 2000||---|
Note: RAW images are recorded at 6000 x 4000.
4K/HD Movies: The XF10 can record movies in MOV format (H.264 standard) with Linear PCM stereo sound. You can choose from the following movie options:
|Resolution||Frame Rate||Continuous Recording|
|4K||3840 x 2160||15p||Up to 30 min.|
|Full HD||1920 x 1080||60p, 50p, 24p||Up to 30 min.|
|HD||1280 x 720||60p, 50p, 24p||Up to 30 min.|
|High Speed Movie||1280 x 720||100p||Up to 7 min.|
Wireless Connections: The camera features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, allowing you to connect the camera to your smartphone or computer wirelessly. With the Fujifilm Camera Remote app on your smartphone, you can view and download images and videos to the smartphone, control the camera remotely, or copy location data to the camera and save it to your photos (smartphone must have GPS feature). When the Fujifilm PC AutoSave application is loaded onto your computer, you can upload pictures from the camera via wireless LAN.
Note: Fujifilm Camera Remote is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 8.0 and later. It is also available for Android Smartphones and Tablets running Android Ver.4.0 and up. Fujifilm PC AutoSave is compatible with Windows 10, 8/8.1, and 7 (SP1), as well as Mac OS X 10.7-10.11 and macOS Sierra.
Shooting Modes: The Fujifilm XF10's top-mounted Mode Dial lets you choose from the following shooting modes:
- Advanced SR Auto: A point-and-shoot mode that optimizes the settings to the scene and subject.
- Program AE: The camera sets the aperture and shutter speed automatically. Program Shift lets you adjust the aperture or shutter speed without changing the exposure.
- Shutter Priority: User sets the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture.
- Aperture Priority: User sets the aperture and the camera automatically sets the shutter speed.
- Manual: User sets both the aperture and shutter speed manually.
- Panorama: You can record a series of photographs as you slowly pan the camera. The camera stitches together the images to create a panoramic scene.
- Scene Position: Four scenes can be selected using the Mode Dial: Portrait Enhancer, Landscape, Sport, and Night. The others are selected in the menu: Portrait, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, Text, or Multiple Exposure.
- Advanced Filter: The Advanced Filter lets you take photos with a one of the following filters: Toy Camera, Pop Color, High-key, Low-key, Fish-eye, Dynamic Tone, HDR Art, Miniature, Cross Screen, Rich & Fine, Monochrome (NIR), Partial Color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple), Fog Remove, and Soft Focus.
Electronic and Mechanical Shutter: The XF10 features an electronic shutter that can produce shutter speeds of up to 1/32000 second. Shallow depth-of-field effects can be shot with the aperture wide open even in snow or on the beach. When the electronic shutter is used, there is no shutter sound, as there are no mechanically operated parts being used. You can choose one of the following:
- Mechanical Shutter: 4 sec to 1/4000 sec (P Mode); 30 sec to 1/4000 sec (All modes); Bulb mode (up to 60 mins), Time (30 sec to 1/4000 sec).
- Electronic Shutter: 4 sec to 1/16000 sec (P Mode); 30 sec to 1/16000 sec (All modes); Bulb mode (1 sec fixed), Time (30 sec to 1/16000 sec).
- Mechanical + Electronic Shutter: 4 sec to 1/16000 sec (P Mode); 30 sec to 1/16000 sec (All modes); Bulb mode (up to 60 mins), Time (30 sec to 1/16000 sec).
ISO Sensitivity: You can manually set the camera's sensitivity from ISO 200 to ISO 12800 in 1/3 EV increments. Extended settings are equivalent to ISO 100 (Low), ISO 25600 (High), or ISO 51200 (High). The Auto settings will adjust the sensitivity settings according to the shooting conditions with maximum ISO of 800, 1600, or 3200. The higher the sensitivity setting, the better the camera is at reducing blur in poor lighting conditions, however, high settings can result in more noise in the recorded images. You can also set a minimum shutter speed between 1/500 and 1/4 sec, or Auto, with Auto ISO sensitivity.
White Balance: White balance is used to preserve natural colors under different types of lighting. You can select Auto, Direct Sunlight, Shade, "Daylight" fluorescent lamps, "Warm White" fluorescent lamps, "Cool White" fluorescent lamps, Incandescent light and Underwater (requires waterproof case). In addition, you can measure for a white balance value or display and select from a list of color temperatures.
Film Simulation: The XF10 can simulate the effects of different kinds of film, including black-and-white. You can select one of the following options:
- Provia/Standard: standard color reproduction
- Velvia/Vivid: a high-contrast palette of saturated colors, suited for nature photos
- Astia/Soft: a soft-toned palette of less-saturated colors
- Classic Chrome: soft color and enhanced shadow contrast for a calm look.
- Pro Negative Std: a soft-toned palette. The range of hues available for skin tones is enhanced; a good choice for studio portraits.
- Pro Negative Hi: offers slightly more contrast than Pro Negative Std, making it ideal for outdoor portraits.
- Monochrome: standard black-and-white
- Monochrome with Filter: standard black-and-white with your choice of Yellow, Red, or Green filter.
- Sepia: takes pictures in sepia tone
Color Space: Depending upon how you intend to use the image, you can choose the output color space at the general sRGB setting or the broader color rendition of Adobe RGB, recommended for commercial printing.
Exposure Compensation: You can alter the exposure from the value suggested by the camera, making pictures brighter or darker. You can adjust the exposure from -5.0 to +5.0 EV in 1/3 EV steps for still images, and from -2.0 to +2.0 EV for movies.
Continuous Shooting: You can capture motion in a series of pictures using the Continuous Shooting mode. You can shoot up to 13 frames at 6.0 fps (High) or 3.0 fps (Low). You can also shoot a burst of 4K photos.
Self-timer: The camera gives you the choice of a 10-second or 2-second self timer. The 10 second self timer is recommended for self portraits, while the 2-second self timer is used to reduce blur caused by the camera moving when the shutter button is pressed. Other time-delay modes include Face Auto Shutter, Smile, Buddy, and Group modes.
Interval Timer Photography: In addition to the self timer, the XF10 offers interval timer shooting, allowing you to take a specified number of photos over a period of time at a set interval. You can choose the number of shots (1 to 999), the interval between shots (1 second to 24 hours), and the start waiting time (1 second to 24 hours). The display turns off between shots, and turns back on a few seconds before the next shot is taken. Use of a tripod and a full battery is recommended.
Auto Focus: In most cases, the XF10 uses Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast-detection/TTL phase-detection AF). You can choose between two AF Modes: Single or Continuous. You can also focus manually using the focus ring on the lens.
Flash Modes: The XF10 has a built-in flash with an effective range of 1' to 24.6'. Red-eye removal minimizes the "red-eye" effect, and is available for each flash mode. Available modes include Auto, Forced Flash, Slow Synchro, 2nd Curtain Synchro, Commander, and Suppressed Flash (off).
Light Metering: The XF10 uses 256-segment TTL (through-the-lens) metering, where the camera automatically assesses the scene and selects the optimum exposure. You can select from three metering options: Multi, Spot, or Average.
Viewing Images: Images can be played back one-at-a-time or in a variety of multi-frame views. Multi-frame options include a 9-image grid (3 x 3) and a 100-image grid (10 x 10) of micro-thumbnails. In the 9- and 100-image grid views, the highlighted image is slightly enlarged.
Playback Zoom/Cropping: You can enlarge a still image in the monitor according to the image quality (size). After you have zoomed in and scrolled the picture to the desired composition, you can create a cropped image of a picture. Copies will have an aspect ratio of 3:2, and will be saved as a separate file.
Resize: To create a small copy of a picture, you can select "Resize" from the menu. The new images vary in size with the original image.
Power Requirements: The XF10is powered by the supplied NP-95 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.6V, 1800mAh). A fully-charged NP-95 is good for approximately 330 shots. Battery life for movie recording is 75 min continuous/55 min typical for 4K and 120 min continuous/70 min typical for Full HD. The NP-95 battery charges in the camera in about 250 minutes, using the supplied AC-5VG AC power adapter and the included USB cable.
Micro USB: The XF10 features a Micro-B USB jack for connecting the supplied USB cable. This output allows you to download your photos to your computer, or to charge the battery via USB. The optional RR-90 Remote Release connects via the Micro-B USB 2.0 connector.
Micro HDMI: The camera has a Micro HDMI (Type D) output for connecting the camera to your HDTV.
Microphone Input: A 2.5mm sub-mini jack is provided to connect an optional stereo microphone. In addition, electronic releases from third-party suppliers can be connected to this input.
Downloadable Software: The XF10 does not include camera software in the box. Software for the camera can be downloaded from the Fujifilm website:
- Fujifilm Camera Remote: This smartphone app lets you establish a wireless connection with the camera for remote shooting and transferring images and movies. Compatible with iOS 8.0 or later or Android 4.0 and up.
- Fujifilm PC AutoSave: This software lets you automatically transfer images and movies to your computer via wireless LAN. Compatible with Windows 10, 8/8.1, and 7 (SP1), as well as Mac OS X 10.7-10.11 and macOS Sierra.
- MyFinePix Studio: MyFinePix Studio lets you copy pictures to your computer for storing, viewing, organizing, and printing. Works with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 (SP1). Mac users should use Image Capture, supplied with your computer, or other software.
- RAW File Converter: RAW File Converter EX is used to view RAW images on your computer. Compatible with Windows (10, 8/8.1, 7 (SP1), and Macintosh (OS X 10.8-10.11/ macOS 10.12 Sierra and macOS 10.13 High Sierra)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.