About the Fujifilm Fujinon XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR
Broaden your perspective
Broaden your perspective
This ultra-wide Fujinon zoom lens lets you capture vast scenes in a single frame. It's perfect for expansive landscape and architecture shots on the wide end, and exquisite portraits and street scenes on the longer end. Its 9.8" minimum focus distance lets you capture detailed close-ups and tight portraits, and its f/ 2.8 maximum aperture makes it easy to shoot in any setting, indoors or out, day or night. High-quality optics combined with the large depth of field you get from a wide-angle lens give you clear focus from front to back.
This lens's low-profile design won't draw attention to you, so it's perfect for taking candid shots at parties and other events. Metal construction gives it durability and a solid feel, plus it's weather-resistant so you can safely use it outdoors in all kinds of conditions.
- 8-16mm f/2.8 zoom lens
- compatible with Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal range: 12-24mm
- dust- and moisture-resistant
- Double Nano-GI coating on front and rear lens elements reduces ghosting and flare
- water-repellent fluorine coating on front lens element for easy cleaning
- linear motors for quick, quiet, precise focusing
- minimum focus distance: 9.8 inches
- lens construction: 20 elements in 13 groups
- 4 aspherical elements, 3 ED (extra-low dispersion) elements, and 3 Super ED elements for high-resolution rendering of texture and detail
- 9 rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- includes front and rear lens caps and cloth wrap
- lens is 3-1/2" long, 4-13/16" in diameter
- weight: 28.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16591570
What's in the box:
- XF 8-16mm F2.8 R LM WR zoom lens
- FLCP-8-16 Lens cap (installed)
- RLCP-001 Rear lens cap (installed)
- Soft lens wrap
- Owner's Manual
- Product Registration
- Fujifilm Worldwide Network sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fujifilm Fujinon XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR
Overview: The Fujinon XF8-16mm F2.8 R LM WR is a wide angle zoom lens with a constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the zoom range. It has a Fujifilm X-mount, and is designed exclusively for Fujifilm X-mount cameras. Its 8-16mm focal length is equivalent to 12-24mm in 35mm photography. The XF8-16mm lens is recommended for landscape and architecture photography, interior photography at restaurants and hotels, as well as nightscape and astrophotography. The lens includes front and rear lens caps, and a soft cloth pouch.
Lens Construction: The XF8-16mm lens has 20 elements in 13 groups, including 4 aspherical elements to control distortion and spherical aberrations, and 3 extra-low dispersion and 3 super extra-low dispersion elements to control latera chromatic aberration. The lens barrel is sealed at 11 places to resist dust, moisture, and low temperatures down to 14°F (-10°C). The rear surface of the two front lens elements is treated with a Nano-GI coating to eliminate ghosting and flare. In addition, the front lens element features a Fluorine coating that repels water,dirt, and finger smudges.
Integrated Lens Hood: The XF8-16mm F2.8 R LM WR has an integrated, petal-shaped lens hood to protect the large front lens element. Because of its unique shape, the lens cannot be fitted with a normal front lens cap. The lens comes with the FLCP-8-16, a specifically designed cap that fits over the front element and integrated hood.
Field Curvature Correction: Ultra-wide angle lenses typically experience field curvature issues. The XF8-16mm lens features a correction element which adjusts with the zoom position to provide image sharpness from edge-to-edge.
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 8-16mm (12-24mm)
- Lens Construction: 20 elements in 13 groups (including 4 aspherical, 3 extra low dispersion, and 3 super extra-low dispersion elements)
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Aperture Control: 9 rounded diaphragm blades; Stop Size: 1/3 EV (19 steps)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.1x
- Angle of View: 121° - 83.2°
- Focus Range: 9.84" to infinity
- Diameter: 3.43"
- Length: 5.03"
- Weight: 28.4 ounces