About the Accele DVD9850
Essential for family trips
Essential for family trips
Stave off the chorus of are-we-there-yets with Accele's DVD9850 headrest monitor installed for backseat viewing. The kids in the back will be happily enjoying their shows and movies on a vivid 9" high-resolution screen, and in addition to built-in speakers, you can listen to audio via wireless headphones (not included) or through your car's speakers. An included remote puts your passengers in complete control of their own entertainment.
Pick your source
Use the HDMI input to stream video from your favorite devices, the USB and SD card inputs to play digital media, or the built-in DVD player to play your favorite movies and shows. You'll also find RCA inputs for audio/video playback from older sources.
The DVD9850 will work with a variety of headrests, and you won't need to make any modifications, thanks to the included universal mounting bracket. You can remove the monitor easily if you want to use it in another car. A hard-wiring kit for powering the unit is included for more permanent use, or you can just plug the 12-volt adapter into your vehicle's power port.
Add a second monitor
If you purchase a second DVD9850 headrest monitor, you'll be able to connect your monitors to display the same DVD content (HDMI and digital media cannot be shared between monitors).
- single headrest with built-in 9" Active Matrix LCD screen and built-in DVD player
- widescreen display with 800 x 480 picture resolution
- built-in speakers
- includes wireless remote control
- adjustable system for mounting on headrest posts
- game controller and 16-bit video games included
- hard-wire kit and 12-volt adapter kit included
- headphones not included
- A/V inputs: HDMI, RCA, SD card, and USB
- A/V outputs: RCA
- audio outputs: 2-channel headphone transmitter, 3.5mm headphone jack, and built-in FM transmitter
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DVD9850M
What's in the box:
- DVD monitor
- Mounting bracket (installed)
- 10' Power/signal cable (w/ power/ground wires and composite video/stereo RCA jacks on one end and a proprietary connector on other end)
- 12V/cigarette lighter adapter (w/ attached 8' cord)
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- Game controller
- Game disc
- 3 Covers (Black/Gray/Tan)
- 10 Mounting adapters
- Operating Instructions
More details on the Accele DVD9850
Rear-Seat Entertainment System: The Zicom DVD9850 Rear-Seat Entertainment System includes a 9" LCD monitor with a built-in DVD player, a wireless (IR) remote control, one wireless (IR) game controller, head rest mounting hardware, cabling, and wiring. In addition to DVD playback, the DVD9850 LCD Mobile Entertainment System offers a USB port, SD-card slot, and AV inputs (including HDMI).
Head Rest Mount: This Rear-Seat Entertainment System "piggy-backs" onto your vehicle's existing factory headrests; it does not replace your factory head rests. The Zicom DVD9850 employs a universal mounting system which allows it to mount in a variety of vehicles (but not all).
- Adjustable Mounting Bracket: The DVD9850 includes an adjustable mounting bracket and a set of five mounting adapters to accommodate a variety of post mount head rests. The mounting bracket is adjustable from 5.1875" to 8" wide (OC). The five mounting adapters are compatible with 10.4, 11.3, 12, 13, and 14.3mm post diameters. It is also adjustable for different headrest pillow depths from 1.75″ to 3.625" (OC). The 90° angle adjustment provides an optimal viewing.
- Interchangeable Covers: The Zicom DVD9850 comes with three covers (Black, Grey, or Tan) to choose from to match the interior of your vehicle best.
- Quick-Release: A quick-release mechanism makes removing the unit from your headrest very easy while leaving mount in place.
9" LCD Monitor: The Zicom DVD9850 LCD Mobile Entertainment System features a 9" LCD monitor with a resolution 800 (RGB) x 480 and brightness of 350 NITs. You can adjust the LCD screen's brightness, contrast, saturation, and sharpness.
DVD Player: The built-in, slot-loading DVD player supports playback of DVD Video, CD Audio, and Video CD discs. The DVD player also supports playback of DivX/MPEG2/Xvid video files recorded onto DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW discs. In addition, the player supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R/RW discs.
USB Port + microSD Card Slot: The side-panel USB port lets you connect a USB mass storage class device (up to 32GB) containing MP3/WMA music files and DivX/MPEG2/Xvid video files. The side-panel microSD card slot lets you insert a microSD or microSDHC memory card (up to 32GB) containing MP3/WMA music files and DivX/MPEG2/Xvid video files.
AV Inputs & Outputs: The Zicom DVD9850 is equipped with an HDMI input and a composite video/stereo RCA input to connect external AV source devices. There is also a composite video/stereo RCA output for daisy-chaining the audio/video signal to another headrest monitor. The stereo RCA output can also be used to connect the unit to the Aux input of your in-dash stereo.
Audio Playback: The Zicom DVD9850 is equipped with a built-in speaker for audio playback. The system also incorporates a built-in FM transmitter which allows you to wirelessly transmit audio from the unit to your vehicle's FM radio. FM Frequency scale - 87.7, 88.1, 88.5, 88.9, 106.7, 107.1, 107.5, or 107.9 MHz.
Headphone Compatible: The DVD9850 consists of a 3.5mm headphone jack and features a built-in IR transmitter to let you listen through a set of headphones (sold separately).
Game Disc & Controller: The Zicom DVD9850 includes a video game disc and comes with an IR wireless game controller to keep the kids busy in the back seat. The game controller operates off of three "AAA" batteries (not included).
Remote Control: You can operate the DVD9850 DVD monitor system wirelessly from the included 40-button IR remote control.
Power Requirements: The Zicom DVD9850 comes with a 12-volt/cigarette lighter adapter which can simply be plugged into your vehicle's 12V power/cigarette lighter port. The unit can also be hardwired to your vehicle's electrical system via the included power/signal cable.
1 question already asked