About the Optix RVC910IR
The lil' guy
The lil' guy
This sugar cube-sized rear-view camera gives you a clear 95-degree view of what's behind you, and once installed, you'll hardly know it's there. With 480 TV lines and infrared lighting, you'll get a crisp picture, even when it's dark outside.
A surface-mount bracket allows you to mount this camera wherever you need it, including side-mounting for RV and commercial truck use.
Note: A rear-view camera provides an additional view when reversing your vehicle. It is intended to be used in conjuction with your rear- and side-view mirrors to give a fuller picture of what's behind you. It is not intended as a replacement for your mirrors.
- mini rear-view camera with infrared capability for low light
- water-resistant camera housing
- green, yellow, and red distance guidelines
- color video output
- 95° horizontal viewing angle
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RVC910IR
What's in the box:
- Rearview camera with 6' Cable attached (terminated with proprietary plug)
- Signal/Power cable (5.75' Power and ground wires/17' Signal output terminated with a male RCA plug)
- Two 1/2" Mounting screws
Optix RVC910IR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Optix RVC910IR
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Lux Rating||0.3 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||95 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||N/A|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Rear-View Camera: The Accele RVC910IR rear-view camera provides you with a clear wide-angle view behind your vehicle. It can be used to assist you in backing up the vehicle, or to keep an eye on an item you are towing. It can be connected to a separate rear-view monitor, or to many in-dash head units with a composite video or rear-camera input.
Note: This rear-view camera is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Wide Viewing Angle/Low Lux: The RVC910IR offers 95° horizontal viewing angle, providing an excellent field of vision behind the vehicle. The camera's infrared (IR) LEDs provide additional light, resulting in the camera's minimum illumination rating of 0.3 lux.
Note: The manufacturer claims the viewing angle is 165°, however, through our own in-house testing, Crutchfield measured the viewing angle at 95°.
Parking Assistance: The camera features a three-color grid to assist backing into a parking space. The grid features green, yellow, and red lines to help you determine how close you are to an obstacle. The grid lines can be turned off by shorting the two green "Parking Line" wires together. (They should be shorted when the camera is turned off.) The camera does not have a proximity sensor or audible warning system.
Automatic Turn-On: The RVC910IR features automatic rear-view turn-on. This means that when you place your vehicle in reverse gear, the rear-view camera will automatically turn on to view what is behind your vehicle on your in-dash monitor. The rear-view camera's power wire must be connected to your vehicle's reverse lamp circuit.
Waterproof Housing: The rear-view camera features a IP67 waterproof housing.
Integrated Mounting Bracket: The RVC910IR's integrated mounting bracket allows you to flush-mount the camera to your vehicle. The camera should be mounted to the underside of your vehicle's rear bumper or other horizontal surface (with mounting bracket facing up). The mounting bracket allows you to angle the camera up or down.
Connections: A single 6' cable is attached to the camera. The signal/power cable connects to the camera cable via the proprietary plug. The signal and power wires run together for 8", then separate.
- Power: there are two red power wires, shorted together, so either can be used; one is routed with the ground wire (5.75'), the other is a 6" extension attached to the RCA plug
- Ground: 5.75' black ground wire
- Signal: 17' composite video output cable, terminated with a male RCA plug; plugs into your dash monitor or in-dash head unit's composite video-camera input
- Parking Line: two short (1") green wires attached to the camera cable; when shorted together the parking lines on the camera's image are removed
- Mirror Option: two short (1") white wires attached to the camera cable; when shorted together the camera's image is reversed (left to right)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked