About the Optix TLP150HDW
Several mounting options
Several mounting options
Add a handy 160° view and excellent night vision when backing up with the TLP150HDW rear-view camera from Optix. With resolution up to 720p, you'll have a crisp picture of what's behind you. The package includes several mounting options: flush-mount, license plate-mount, and surface-mount. This camera is compatible with any receiver or monitor with a composite video input (RCA).
- HD rear-view camera with attached 5-foot cable
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- includes flush-mount, license plate-mount, and surface-mount
- 20-foot extension cable included
- 160° wide-angle view
- resolution: 720p
- illumination down to 0.005 Lux
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TLP150HDW
What's in the box:
- Automotive camera (attached 5' cable)
- 20' Extension cable
- Flush-mount bracket (pre-installed)
- Surface-mount bracket
- License-plate mounting bracket
- Screw-on adapter
Optix TLP150HDW reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Optix TLP150HDW
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Lux Rating||.005 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||160 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||Not given|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Front or Rear Camera: The Optix TLP150HDW can be configured as a rear or front camera, providing you with a clear wide-angle view of the rear or front of your vehicle. By default, the TLP150HDW camera is configured as a rearview camera with a mirror image. To switch it to a front-view camera simply cut the think green wire on the camera's attached cable for a normal image.
Note: This camera is meant as a visual aid only; never solely rely on the camera. In addition to using the camera, always physically look to make sure everything is clear around your vehicle.
720p Camera: The Optix TLP150HDW camera delivers 720p resolution, 160-degree viewing angle, and 0.005 (lux) low light sensitivity for excellent visibility day or night.
Parking Guidelines: The TLP150HDW camera features a 4-color grid to assist you in backing into a parking space. The grid features blue, green, yellow, and red lines to help you determine how close you are to an obstacle. By default, the parking guidelines are turned on. To turn the parking guidelines off, simply cut the thin white wire loop on the camera's attached cable.
Waterproof Housing: The Optix TLP150HDW camera features a rugged waterproof housing.
Composite Video: The Optix TLP150HDW camera features a standard composite video output (RCA plug) which makes it compatible with virtually any mobile video monitor featuring a composite video camera input.
Supplied Cables: The TLP150HDW camera features an attached 5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector. This cable plugs into the included 20' extension cable which features a composite video connector and power/ground wires on the other end. The composite video connector plugs into your in-dash head unit's composite video-camera input. The power (red) & ground (black) wires will need to be hardwired. Power can be obtained from your vehicle's reverse light circuit or from the reverse gear wire of your aftermarket stereo (if applicable). The ground wire will need to connected to your vehicle's metal chassis.
Mounting Options: The Optix TLP150HDW camera offer 3 mounting options - Flush, Surface, and License-Plate.
- Flush-Mount: You will need to drill a 7/8" (22.5mm) hole in your vehicle's exterior panel. The camera mounts in this opening and features a pre-installed spring-loaded mounting bracket which secures the camera in place.
- Surface-Mount: The surface mount bracket allows the camera to be mounted on top of or underneath a flat mounting surface of your vehicle with two screws (screws not included).
- License-Plate Mount: The included license plate bracket lets you mount the camera to your vehicle's license plate. The bracket mounts behind the license plate for a neat and clean looking installation.
Note: Make sure you have the camera orientated correctly so the image is displayed correctly on your receiver's screen. The angle of the camera cannot be adjusted once it is mounted and installed. 0.875" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 1.0" (d)
- Camera Only: 0.875" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 1.0" (d)
- Camera w/ Flush Mount Bracket: 1.0625" (w) x 1.0625" (h) x 1.0" (d)
- Camera w/ Surface Mount Bracket: 1.5" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 1.3125" (d)
- Camera w/ License-Plate Bracket: 8.8125" (w) x 1.375" (h) x 1.625" (d)