About the Optix TLP150HDW
Optix has made a versatile and sleek back up cam that works with any vehicle, thanks to three seamless mounting options. The Optix TLP150HDW backup camera looks great... and so does the picture it provides. You'll gain a 130° view with resolution up to 720p and excellent night vision. This camera is compatible with any receiver or monitor with a composite video input (RCA).
Several mounting options
The TLP150HDW iincludes several mounting options: flush-mount, license plate-mount, and surface-mount. And if you opt for the license plate mount, Optix ensures as little of your license plate is obscured as possible, thanks to an innovative design.
Installing this camera yourself? Here's what you should know.
What does it do? Unless otherwise noted, a backup camera is only intended for use backing up your vehicle. (If you require a front-view or constant rear-view camera, check for that capability.)
What tools and supplies will I need? A panel tool, a wire cutter/stripper, a soldering iron, and a rosin-core solder with heat shrink tubing are recommended, along with whatever tools are needed to remove the radio from the dash.
How much wiring is required? Wiring instructions vary from camera to camera. Some cameras have power wiring that can only be connected near the radio. Others let you power the camera at compatible reverse lights. In all cases, the camera must be wired for power and ground, the camera's video output must be connected to the radio/monitor, and the radio/monitor must be connected to a reverse trigger in your vehicle. Some radio replacement interfaces supply a reverse trigger wire for the radio -- using that wire to power your camera will damage the interface.
Will the included video cable be long enough? You'll need to route the camera's video cable from its mounting location outside your vehicle into your vehicle's cabin and all the way to the screen in the dash. This often requires drilling a small hole in your vehicle or filing some metal and or plastic. You'll also need to estimate the length of cable needed to run from the camera to the dash, which will not be a straight shot. Each camera's cable length is listed.
- HD backup camera with attached 5-foot cable
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- includes flush-mount, license plate-mount, and surface-mount
- 20-foot extension cable included
- 130° wide-angle view
- resolution: 720p
- illumination down to 0.005 Lux
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TLP150HDW
What's in the box:
- Automotive camera (attached 5' cable)
- 20' Extension cable
- Flush-mount bracket (pre-installed)
- Surface-mount bracket
- License-plate mounting bracket
- Screw-on adapter
Optix TLP150HDW reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Optix TLP150HDW
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Lux Rating||.005 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||130 degrees|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||---|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Front or Rear Camera: The Optix TLP150HDW can be configured as a rear or front camera, providing you with a clear wide-angle view of the rear or front of your vehicle. By default, the TLP150HDW camera is configured as a rearview camera with a mirror image. To switch it to a front-view camera simply cut the thin white wire on the camera's attached cable for a normal image.
Note: This camera is meant as a visual aid only; never solely rely on the camera. In addition to using the camera, always physically look to make sure everything is clear around your vehicle.
720p Camera: The Optix TLP150HDW camera delivers 720p resolution, 130-degree viewing angle, and 0.005 (lux) low light sensitivity for excellent visibility day or night.
Parking Guidelines: The TLP150HDW camera features a 4-color grid to assist you in backing into a parking space. The grid features blue, green, yellow, and red lines to help you determine how close you are to an obstacle. By default, the parking guidelines are turned on. To turn the parking guidelines off, simply cut the thin green wire loop on the camera's attached cable.
Waterproof Housing: The Optix TLP150HDW camera features a rugged waterproof housing.
Composite Video: The Optix TLP150HDW camera features a standard composite video output (RCA plug) which makes it compatible with virtually any mobile video monitor featuring a composite video camera input.
Supplied Cables: The TLP150HDW camera features an attached 5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector. This cable plugs into the included 20' extension cable which features a composite video connector and power/ground wires on the other end. The composite video connector plugs into your in-dash head unit's composite video-camera input. The power (red) & ground (black) wires will need to be hardwired. Power can be obtained from your vehicle's reverse light circuit or from the reverse gear wire of your aftermarket stereo (if applicable). The ground wire will need to connected to your vehicle's metal chassis.
Mounting Options: The Optix TLP150HDW camera offer 3 mounting options - Flush, Surface, and License-Plate.
- Flush-Mount: You will need to drill a 7/8" (22.5mm) hole in your vehicle's exterior panel. The camera mounts in this opening and features a pre-installed spring-loaded mounting bracket which secures the camera in place.
- Surface-Mount: The surface mount bracket allows the camera to be mounted on top of or underneath a flat mounting surface of your vehicle with two screws (screws not included).
- License-Plate Mount: The included license plate bracket lets you mount the camera to your vehicle's license plate. The bracket mounts behind the license plate for a neat and clean looking installation.
Note: Make sure you have the camera orientated correctly so the image is displayed correctly on your receiver's screen. The angle of the camera cannot be adjusted once it is mounted and installed. 0.875" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 1.0" (d)
- Camera Only: 0.875" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 1.0" (d)
- Camera w/ Flush Mount Bracket: 1.0625" (w) x 1.0625" (h) x 1.0" (d)
- Camera w/ Surface Mount Bracket: 1.5" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 1.3125" (d)
- Camera w/ License-Plate Bracket: 8.8125" (w) x 1.375" (h) x 1.625" (d)
1 question already asked