About the Beüler USBD-Kit
Meet Dave Delamere
Wordsmith for mobile electronics, Demo Days dude, and a generally swell guy.
During my 16 years as a Crutchfield Advisor, I helped thousands of customers pick out the right gear for their applications. I quickly learned what kinds of problems they want to solve and what they need to know to get there.
In 2013, I joined the Creative team as a writer for our mobile audio categories. I still pull on those countless hours of conversations with our customers when I'm researching new products.
A few years ago, I began our in-house "Demo Days" project where I regularly set up product demos. These demos give our Advisors even more opportunities to see, hear, and touch many of the home and car audio products we sell. In fact, I often call upon Advisors to help assemble these demos, to add to their real-world installation experience with the gear.
I've always enjoyed playing with electronics and stereo gear — from setting up a stereo system for the after-prom party, to solving some of the A/V issues in our family's home. It never occurred to me that I'd be lucky enough to keep on doing it for a living.
More about Dave
- Started at Crutchfield in 1997
- Completed our thorough in-house Advisor training, learning about the ins and outs of our various products
- Attends dozens of vendor training events each year
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of car audio and pro audio product presentations
- Is one of our installation experts with hundreds of hours of experience installing car audio systems and setting up home audio/video gear
More from Dave Delamere
Add USB ports where you need them
Add USB ports where you need them
If your new car stereo includes two rear USB ports, Beüler's USBD-Kit provides extension cables and mounting faceplates so you can connect those USB ports to a convenient spot on your dash. Simply plug the male ends of the 3-foot cable extensions into the USB ports on your stereo, then use one of the included dash mounts to secure the female ends wherever you need it.
For a clean dash installation
The female dual USB mount provides a flush-mount design for permanent installation — simply drill a hole into the spot where you'd like to connect your USB devices or replace an unused button panel in your dash, and snap in the end of the cable for a factory look. Beüler provides faceplates to match a variety of Honda, Nissan, Toyota, and Mitsubishi vehicles. Or, you can go with the universal faceplate that's also included for quick and easy USB access in your dash.
- dual 3' USB extension cables for connection to any receiver's rear USB inputs
- male USB type-A connectors on one end and female USB type-A connectors on other end
- includes a universal plate, as well as mounting faceplates for various Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and Mitsubishi vehicles
- flush mountable design
- LED indicators on USB ports
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # USBD-KIT
What's in the box:
- 3' Dual USB extension cable
- New Toyota mounting bracket (pre-installed)
- Old Toyota mounting bracket
- Honda mounting bracket
- Nissan mounting bracket
- Mitsubishi mounting bracket
Will this work with a 2006 Toyota 4Runner?
Yes, they have different type of fittings to slide the USB ports into that fit in the center console of your ride. I have 2005 and it fit perfect.
Beüler USBD-Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
Thank you for submitting your review!
It may take up to a week for your review to appear.
Filter by rating
More details on the Beüler USBD-Kit
Dual USB Extension Cable: The Beuler 3' dual USB extension cable (part # USBD-KIT) connects to the USB ports on the back of your in-dash head unit and provides a convenient connection for your USB enabled source devices
- This extension will support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on in-dash receivers that are equipped with a 1.5A USB port.
- Only the USB port of the USBD-KIT that is plugged into the corresponding Apple CarPlay or Android Auto USB port of your receiver is supported.
- This extension cable can even be used in conjunction with the included USB extension cable that came with your receiver.
- It is not compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto receivers with USB ports rated lower than 1.5A.
Male & Female Connectors: The 3' dual USB extension cable features male and female USB connectors. There are two USB (type-A) connectors and two female USB (type-A) ports. The male USB connectors plug into your head unit's rear-panel USB ports, while your devices are plugged into the female USB jacks of the dualUSB extension cable.
Vehicle Specific Mounting Brackets: The Accele dual USB extension cable comes with vehicle specific mounting brackets. Vehicle specific mounting brackets are included for select Toyota (new & old), Honda, Nissan, and Mitsubishi vehicles. These vehicle specific mounting brackets simply replace an unused "dummy" plate in your dash.
161 questions already asked