About the Cobra 19 Mini
A compact CB that's ready for the road
A compact CB that's ready for the road
Sometimes you need a CB radio, but your vehicle doesn't offer the space that a traditional CB requires. If that sounds like you, the Cobra 19 MINI sounds like the CB to choose. This full-featured CB radio's compact design is perfect for tight spaces but doesn't skimp on features.
The 19 MINI gives you 40 channels, a full four watts of RF output power, and a heavy-duty mic that ensures your communications come in loud and clear. And with intuitive, easy-to-use controls, automatic turn-on, auto squelch, and an external speaker jack, this compact CB is ideal for recreational or professional use.
- 40-channel CB radio
- compact design fits in tight spaces
- heavy-duty mic with built-in channel controls
- four watts of AM RF power
- automatic turn-on
- auto squelch
- time-out timer prevents accidental channel jamming
- external speaker jack
- installation hardware included
- dimensions: 0.98" H x 4.09" W x 4.37" D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 19MINICB
What's in the box:
- CB Radio w/attached 4.5' power & ground wires (inline 2A AGU fuse)
- Microphone w/attached 5' coiled cable
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Thumbscrews
- Microphone holder
- 2 Plastic washers
- Four 1/2" screws
- 4 Lock washers
- Spare 2A fuse
- Quickstart guide
- Product information
- Registration information
Cobra 19 Mini reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cobra 19 Mini
Overview: The Cobra 19 Mini is an ultra compact Citizens Band (CB) radio that's perfect for road trips, off-roading, or just keeping in touch with others while in your vehicle. The unit has 40 CB channels, plus Emergency Channels 9/19, with a full 4 watts of transmitting power. The 19 Mini features an easy-to-read LCD display, a microphone with a coiled cord that connects to the front of the radio, and a mounting bracket.
Note: The 19 Mini does NOT include an antenna.
CB Channels: The 19 Mini is a full-powered, 40-channel Class D station in the Citizens Band Radio Service. With advanced Phase Lock Loop (PLL) circuitry, you can access all 40 CB channels and Emergency Channels. You can select a channel using the rotary dial on the front of the unit. The display features a large 2-digit readout for the selected channel, along with a signal strength bar graph. A TX icon in the LCD display lights to indicate when the radio is transmitting or in transmit mode.
VOX: The Cobra 19 Mini can be set for VOX Hands-Free usage, letting you automatically transmit your voice when you speak, without having to press the Transmit button on the microphone. VOX Sensitivity and Time Delay can be set in the Menu system with 01-09 levels for each setting.
Scanning Channels: The 19 Mini lets you scan all 40 CB channels (26.965MHz - 27.405MHz) by pressing/releasing the Volume control then rotating it. You can also select channels from the hand-held microphone using the UP and DN buttons.
9/19 Emergency Channels: The 19 Mini has dedicated channels set aside for Emergency Messages. Channel 9 (27.065 MHz) can be used to transmit emergency messages (weather warnings, auto accident, fire, or personal emergencies). It can also be used for monitoring emergency situations. Channel 19 (27.185 MHz) is an information channel. A dedicated CH9/19 button is provided to instantly tune in to Channel 9. Pressing the CH9/19 button again will switch to channel 19.
Squelch Control: Squelch is used to cut out receiver background noise when no incoming signal is received. The Squelch control can be manually set by selecting SQ, using the front-panel SQ/ASQ button, and turning the Volume control to the desired Squelch level. Auto-Squelch (ASQ) can also be selected using the SQ/ASQ button. This can improve the receiver's performance when communicating with nearby stations. For weaker, distant stations, manual Squelch control is recommended.
Time Out Timer: This feature sets a timer on the PTT button, preventing accidental channel jamming. Time-out times can be set in the menu system from 1-10 minutes along with Off.
Antenna: The 19 Mini radio does NOT include an antenna. Since the power output of the radio is limited by the FCC, a properly matched antenna system is crucial for maximum power output. A Cobra HG A1000 or HG A1500 antenna is recommended. A standard SO-239 antenna connection is provided on the rear of the radio.
External Speaker Option: The 19 Mini features a rear-panel 3.5mm audio output for connecting to an optional external speaker. The external speaker should be able to handle at least 4 watts, and have an impedance of 4 to 8Ω.
Power: The 19 Mini features 4.5' bare-ended power and ground wires attached to the rear panel for connection to the vehicle's electrical system. The power wire includes an inline 2A fuse (spare included).
Controls: The 19 Mini has the following front-panel controls:
- Volume/Squelch: Rotary control for power/volume and adjusting squelch control
- Menu/Lock: Selects the Menu system. Selections are made by turning and pressing the Volume control Pressing and holding the Menu button will Lock the controls from being used
- SQ/ASQ: Selects manual Squelch control or Automatic Squelch control
- CH 9/19: Push button for instantly tuning to Emergency Channel 9, and toggling between channels 9 and 19.
- CB Channels: 40 channels (range: 26.965 to 27.405MHz)
- Frequency Control: Phase Lock Loop Synthesizer
- Frequency Tolerance: 0.005%
- RF Output Power: 4 watts
- Frequency Response: 300Hz to 3000Hz
- Input Voltage: 13.8 volts DC (nominal), negative ground
- Operating Temperature Range: -22°F to 149°F
- Dimensions: Width = 4.87", Height = 1.40", Depth = 4.39"
- Weight: 3.25 pounds (chassis)