About the Cobra C 75WX ST
The whole world, in your hands
The whole world, in your hands
Well, the parts you can reach with a CB, anyway. If you need a CB, but don't really have anywhere to put a traditional unit, Cobra's C 75WX ST is the problem-solver you're looking for. This compact hideaway unit gives you the features you expect from a quality CB, all in a package that mounts on your dash and fits in the palm of your hand.
All the features
With the C 75WX ST, you get all 40 CB channels, plus NOAA weather and emergency channels, instant access to channels 9 and 19, dual channel monitoring, and programmable 4-channel memory. And Cobra's Soundtracker® System filters out 90% of noise, so you'll enjoy crystal-clear communication.
- remote-mount system for easy dashboard installation
- remote-mount CB radio with 33" coiled cord
- connection box
- mounting hardware
- antenna required for best reception (not included)
- full 40-channel CB radio access
- instant access to emergency channel 9 and information channel 19
- built-in NOAA receiver with emergency alerts and inclement weather warnings.
- Soundtracker® system filters out 90% of noise
- 4-channel programmable memory
- illuminated LCD display
- 2.8"W x 4.2"H x 2.05"D (transceiver)
- 4.2"W x 1.5"H x 2.08"D (connector box)
- mini-jack speaker output for connecting external speaker
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C 75 WX ST
What's in the box:
- Remote mount CB radio with attached 33" coiled cord
- Connector box with attached 60" power/ground cables and 6" transceiver cable
- Microphone bracket
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length 1/2")
- 2 Split lock washers
- Metal pass-through panel
- Rubber grommet
- Two M3 x 13mm screws
- 2 Split lock washers
- Two M3 hex nuts
- Operating Instructions
- Product Registration sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cobra C 75WX ST
Overview: The Cobra 75 WX ST is a compact remote mount Citizens Band (CB) radio that is recommended for vehicles where mounting space is limited. The unit has 40 CB channels, plus an Emergency Channel, and 10 NOAA National Weather Channels. The 75 WX ST consists of a hand-held transceiver with a coiled cord that connects to a remote-mounted Connector Box that is hardwired into your vehicle's DC electrical system. The 75 WX ST does NOT include an antenna.
Remote Mounting: The Connector Box should be mounted in a remote location, away from moisture and direct sunlight. Under the front seat or on the firewall are suggested locations. A 5' power/ground cable lets you connect the system to your vehicle's electrical system. The tranceiver has a long coiled cable that attaches to the Connector Box. You will need to obtain a CB radio antenna, as one is not included. The Connector Box has a standard Type SO-239 antenna connector for easy connection to a standard PL-259 cable termination. The hardware kit includes a rubber grommet for passing cables through the firewall, if needed.
SoundTracker® System: The radio is equipped with the SoundTracker Noise Reduction System for clear communications. SoundTracker filters and cuts incoming noise up to 90% for a much better signal-to-noise ratio. It also strengthens the signal going out to dramatically improve the clarity and range of the transmitted signals. With SoundTracker, there's much less static, and much better sound of the incoming and outgoing signals. The 75 WX ST has a dedicated SoundTracker button so you can toggle the feature on or off, as needed.
CB Channels: The 75 WX ST is a full-powered, 40-channel Class D station in the Citizens Band Radio Service. With advanced Phase Lock Loop (PLL) circuitry, you can tune all 40 CB channels and 10 Weather Channels. You can select a channel using the up/down arrow keys on the left side of the unit. The display shows a large 2-digit readout as you tune the stations, along with a signal strength bar graph.
Scanning Channels/Dual Watch: The 75 WX ST lets you scan all 40 CB channels with a single press of the Scan button. When you have found a channel you want, you can stop scanning by pressing the button again. Dual Watch lets you simultaneously monitor two selected channels.
Memory Channels: You can preset up to 4 channels into memory, which allows you to tune them using a dedicated Memory button. You can retrieve a preset channel by pressing and releasing the Memory key, then press the desired memory location key (M1, M2, M3, or M4).
Weather Channels: Local weather reports from NOAA (National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration) are provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. About 500 NOAA radio stations are operated nationwide, reaching approximately 90% of the U.S. population. In addition to the 40 CB channels, the 75 WX ST has 10 National Weather Channels, 7 from NOAA, and 3 Canadian channels.
Emergency Channels: The 75 WX ST has dedicated channels set aside for Emergency Messages. Channel 9 (27.065 MHz) can be used to transmit emergency messages (weather warnings, auto accident, fire, or personal emergencies). It can also be used for monitoring emergency situations. Channel 19 (27.185 MHz) is an information channel. A dedicated CH9/19 button is provided to instantly tune in to Channel 9. If there's no response on Channel 9, you can press the CH9/19 button to switch to channel 19.
External Speaker Option: The 75 WX ST Connector Box has a 3.5mm audio output for connecting to an optional external speaker. The external speaker should be able to handle at least 4 watts, and have an impedance of 4 to 8Ω.
Controls: The 75 WX ST has the following controls:
- Right Side: Rotary power switch/volume, rotary squelch, Lock key
- Left Side: Channel Up/Down, and PTT (Push-to-Talk)
- Front: Memory, Memory 1 + Ch9/19, Memory 2 + Dual Watch, Memory 3 + Scan, Memory 4 + CB/WX, and SoundTracker
Connections: The Connector Box has the following connections:
- Speaker Output: 3.5mm
- Antenna Connector: SO-239 jack
- Power/Ground: hardwired 5' red/black wires
- CB Channels: 40 channels
- Frequency Range: 26.965 to 27.405 MHz
- Weather Channels: 10 channels
- Frequency Range: 162.400 to 163.275 MHz
- Frequency Control: Phase Lock Loop Synthesizer
- Frequency Tolerance: 0.005%
- RF Output Power: 4 watts (at 13.8 VDC)
- Frequency Response: 300Hz to 3000Hz (-6dB)
- Input Voltage: 12 volts DC (external)
- Operating Temperature Range: -22°F to 149°F (-30°C to +65°C)
- Transceiver: Width 2.284", Height 4.225", Depth 2.056"
- Connector Box: Width 3.031" (4.195" w/flanges), Height 1.512", Depth 2.086"
1 question already asked