About the Cobra CDR 900
The 160-degree wide-angle of the Cobra CDR 900 captures much more of any unforeseen incidents in front of you.
Cobra's CDR 900 high-performance dash cam gives you the best of what you've come to expect from these helpful devices: G-Sensor-triggered video capture, motion detection, time-and-location stamping, audio capture, photo capture, and more. It's the perfect all-seeing witness to the unexpected.
But Cobra has incorporated some fun into the package too. Thanks to the cam's Wi-Fi capability, you can live stream video footage from the CDR 900 to your iPhone® and Android™ smartphone, control the camera remotely with your phone, and even share the good stuff online. With a Wi-Fi connection to a wireless router at your home, you can upload video footage wirelessly. Mount the CDR 900 camera at home for security purposes, and you can access video and control its functions through your mobile network.
The king Cobra
Cobra made this compact camera to record the road ahead in super 1296p HD, and it's so small that it won't crowd your field of vision when you're driving. Plus, it's easy to swap between cars, thanks to a convenient suction-mount and 12-volt power plug. Installation is simple, and with an 8GB memory card included, this dash cam is ready to use right out of the box.
The fully automated camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. Beyond that, you don't need to think about it again if you don't want to. All you need to know is that the CDR 900 is loop-recording an ultra high resolution, incredible 160º-wide view of the road to document whatever comes your way. Cobra even uses a special chipset to ensure excellent night time performance and the sharpest picture possible.
Action Cam mode
Switch from Dash Cam mode to Action Cam mode to turn off the G-Sensor and looping video. You can use a 64GB microSD card (not included) to maximize your camera's running time, while the rechargeable battery allows you to use this video recorder on the fly, outside of your car. Use the included adapters for lanyard mounting or tripod mounting, or suction-mount the CDR 900 on just about any flat, clean surface to record a unique view of the world.
Cobra's Drive HD app lets you marry multiple CDR 900 cameras into the same wireless system, so you can access them from your smartphone, viewing all feeds at once and even allowing you to speak into your phone and have your voice broadcast from a camera speaker -- just the thing to give unwanted visitors a scare.
The CDR 900 records 1296p super HD or 1080p full HD video files in a continuous loop, using the included 8 GB microSD card. Its 2-inch color display makes menu navigation and camera positioning simple.
Warning: The use of this device and/or a windshield mount may be restricted in some states or jurisdictions.
- compact super HD dash cam with 2" LCD display for viewing and playback and built-in Wi-Fi®
- package includes:
- adjustable vehicle suction cup mount
- tripod-mount adapter
- lanyard-mount adapter
- 8 GB microSD memory card
- vehicle power adapter
- 1' USB to micro USB data/power cable
- 12' power cable
- downloadable Drive HD app for iPhone® and Android allows live streaming to smartphone for sharing, smartphone control, and cloud access management
- micro HDMI output
- 160-degree viewing angle
- sensor: 3 MP CMOS
- video resolution: 1296p super HD and 1080p HD
- video format: .MP4
- internal microphone for audio recording
- built-in speaker for playback
- Ambarella A7LA chipset for enhanced night use
- on/off toggle for microphone, screen, auto-power, auto-play
- emergency record button
- G-sensor incident detection
- motion detection
- accepts microSD (up to 64GB) memory cards
- web cam and mass storage device capability
- still photo capability: up to 14 mega pixels
- dimensions: 2-1/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 1-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDR 900
What's in the box:
- CDR 900 Dash Cam (with 8 GB microSD card inserted)
- 11" Micro USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- 10' Micro USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- Windshield mounting bracket with 2" suction cup
- Tripod connector
- Cigarette lighter power adapter with Type A USB port (5V 1A)
- Lanyard mount
- User Manual
- Product Registration card
Cobra CDR 900 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cobra CDR 900
Overview: The Cobra CDR 900 Super HD dash camera can record audio and video as you travel down the highway in Super HD (1296p) and Full HD (1080p). You can monitor what you're recording on the built-in 2" LCD monitor. The CDR 900 is Wi-Fi enabled, allowing you to stream live or recorded footage to your smartphone or tablet through the Cobra Drive HD app (for Android and iOS). The dash cam operates the supplied cigarette lighter adapter, with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery backup.
Lens: The camera is equipped with a wide-angle lens with a whopping 160° angle of view. With the highly regarded Ambarella A7LA chipset, you'll get excellent image quality, great low-light performance, and a wide dynamic range. The included mount has a swivel that lets you rotate the camera for front or rear recording. This gives you a wide view of the road, or inside the cab.
Drive HD App: The Drive HD App by Cobra for Android or iOS enables you to remotely control the CDR 900 dash cam. In addition to viewing live video from the camera, the app lets you start and stop recordings, upload and share videos, and adjust camera settings. You can connect the camera via local Wi-Fi or through the phone's Cloud server. The app has three tabs:
- View Tab: This tab lets you start and stop video recordings to be saved on the camera's SD card, or record videos and still images to the smartphone. You can also activate multi-camera views (if you have more than one Cobra dash cams) and flip the image upside down (if you have mounted the camera on a tripod).
- Album Tab: The album tab lets you view the list of videos recorded in Dash Cam mode or Action Cam mode (the videos are stored in separate folders). You can also start playback of any of the videos on the list, or delete them if you desire.
- Setup Tab: Camera settings can be changed in the Setup Tab, including the Recording Resolution, sound on/off, Menu languages, Motion Detector on/off, Impact Sensor sensitivity, and format the SD card.
Note: The Drive HD App is available for iPhone and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later, and Android smartphones and tablets running Android 2.3.3 and up.
Recording Modes: The CDR 900 has two recording modes:
- Action Cam: In Action Cam mode, the camera can start and stop recording by pressing a button on the unit. There is no limit to the length of the recordings you can make, other than the inserted microSD card's remaining memory, which is displayed on the screen.
- Dash Cam: In Dash Cam mode, the camera can record in a continuous loop in three-minute segments. When the memory becomes full, the camera will begin to over-write the video files, beginning with the oldest. Recording begins when you press the record button on the unit. If the camera detects an impact, the Emergency Recording mode begins. A one-minute clip is recorded and protected from erasure, including 30 seconds before and 30 seconds after the event. If the camera was not actively recording when the event took place, you can press the record button to create the 60-second Emergency clip. While in Dash Cam mode, the current date and time are displayed on the screen.
Recording Resolution: The CDR 900 is equipped with a 3 megapixel CMOS image sensor that is capable of recording video in Super HD and Full HD:
- Super HD: 2304 x 1296, 30 fps
- Full HD: 1920 x 1080, 30 fps
Note: You must use the Drive HD app to switch the resolution
Time/Date Stamp: As the CDR 900 records, a time/date stamp is embedded on all recordings. The camera can pick up the time data from a Wi-Fi connected smartphone.
Microphone Mute: The Dash Cam records audio and video simultaneously. You can mute the microphone at any time in the main menu.
microSD Card: The audio and video are recorded onto a microSD memory card up to 64 GB. The supplied 8 GB microSD card is removable, allowing you to use other cards, if desired.
Continuous Cyclical Recording: The CDR 900 will record in a continuous loop, overwriting old footage when the card becomes full until you save it.
G-Sensor: A built-in G-Sensor can detect when a collision has occurred and will automatically save your recording. If the G-Sensor is triggered and video is not being recorded, it will start recording video automatically. You can set the sensitivity of the G-Sensor from High to Low to Off.
Motion Sensor: The Motion Event Record feature lets you automatically begin recording when the camera senses that the image has changed substantially. This feature also allows you to automatically record video when you're moving and stop recording video when you stop.
USB: The unit's Micro USB port can be used to connect to your PC for file transfer, charge the battery, or to power the unit for recording or playback. The camera includes two Micro USB cables: a short one for power and data, and a long one (10') for power only.
Menu Languages: The menu supports the following languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.
Backup Battery: The built-in 700mAh Lithium-Ion battery is intended to operate the unit for a short time after a power loss due to an accident or a crash. If the unit is turned on without the Cigarette Lighter adapter attached, you can manually start recording for a short period of time on battery power. To conserve power, the screen will turn off after 30 seconds.
Mounting: The CDR 900 comes with a suction cup mounting bracket. The bracket has a ball/socket adjustment to allow you to position the camera for best visibility. The camera has a groove along the top to accommodate the included tripod mount (which is used with the suction cup bracket or an optional tripod), or a lanyard mount. The lanyard mount lets you attach the included lanyard for wearing the camera around your neck.
The Cobra CDR 900 replaces these items
- package includes vehicle suction cup mount, vehicle power adapter, and USB cable
- built-in speaker for audio playback
- HDMI port for playback on an HD monitor
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?