About the Cobra DASH 2316D
A two-camera system
A two-camera system
Cobra's DASH 2316D camera system includes two cameras: one to record the road ahead in 1080p mode with a 160-degree wide angle view, while the second camera records the road behind you in 720p with a 130-degree view. With adhesive-backed mounts and a 12-volt power plug to power both cams, Cobra prioritizes easy installation. Once powered, you'll see a selectable split-screen view to simultaneously monitor video from both feeds. And if you'd prefer, use your second cam to keep an eye on the backseat rather than your rear view.
Get alerts from iRadar®
Cobra made its DASH 2316D dash cam with Bluetooth for easy integration with your smartphone. Using data from your phone, this cam can geo-tag your footage with time, date, location, and speed information. Additionally, your live connection with Cobra's online iRadar community will give you a heads-up if speed cameras, red light cameras, or live police locations are in play nearby. And if you make a discovery of your own, you can add it to iRadar.
Enhanced with driver assistance
The dash cam doesn't just record the road ahead, it monitors it as well to help you steer clear of accidents. With both Forward Collision and Lane Departure alerts built-in, Cobra equips you to drive more safely.
Mount it in a convenient spot
The compact DASH 2316D cameras and their adhesive-backed mounts mean you can strategically secure them where they won't crowd your field of vision. Installation is simple thanks to a 12-volt car adapter, and with a 16GB memory card included, these cameras ready to use right out of the box.
The fully automated camera will start recording once the engine is turned on and it'll stop when the engine is turned off. And if you'd like higher video resolution from your dash cam footage, disconnect your second camera to access up to 1296p resolution in the dash cam.
Just in case
If you're involved in an accident, the DASH 2316D's built-in G-Sensor will detect sudden acceleration or a collision, then save the critical footage. An integrated microphone allows audio recording capability, and the cam features photo capability and a 2" LCD display to ensure you get the shot you need.
- compact Super HD dash cam and rear-view cam
- dash cam features 2" LCD display for viewing and playback
- package includes:
- adjustable adhesive-backed mount
- 16GB microSD memory card (accepts up to 64GB)
- vehicle power adapter
- PC software for viewing GPS-enabled video
- USB to micro USB cable, Y-cable
- 13' video cable for backup cam
- driver assistance features:
- forward collision (warns that you are approaching a vehicle too quickly)
- lane departure (warns that you are drifting out of your lane)
- Bluetooth capability for use with smartphones
- Cobra's iRadar app gives you:
- red light camera
- speed camera
- live police location
- shared radar alerts
- location tagging on every event
- Bluetooth-powered video geo-tagging
- internal microphone for audio recording
- built-in speaker for playback
- parking mode for motion detection
- G-sensor incident detection
- mini HDMI output
- dash cam:
- video resolution up to 1296p
- 160-degree viewing angle
- rear-view cam:
- video resolution up to 720p
- 130-degree viewing angle
- video format: .mov
- dimensions: 2-1/2"W x 2-1/4"H x 1-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DASH2316D
What's in the box:
- Dash camera
- CAM2 Rear camera (attached 18" cable)
- 22" Y-Splitter cable
- 157" Extension cable for rear-cam
- Windshield mount (3M adhesive backing)
- Lighter adapter with USB socket (Type-A)
- 16GB Micro-SD card (in plastic case)
- 10' USB cable (type-A to micro-B)
- 20" USB cable (type-A to micro-B)
- Quickstart guide
- Safety information
- Product registration card
Cobra DASH 2316D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cobra DASH 2316D
Overview: The Cobra Dash 2316D camera kit provides a continuous recording of the road ahead and behind you. It can even warn you of upcoming red light cameras, speed cameras, and police enforcement locations via the Cobra iRadar app. A built-in G-sensor can detect impacts and will automatically protect the footage around that time. The iRadar app will also embed location, time and date information into the recorded video, protecting your side of the story in the event of an accident.
Super HD Video: The Dash 2316D front camera (CAM 1) records video at up to 1296P resolution, if used independently, and 1080P if used along with the rear camera. The rear camera (CAM 2) records at up to 720P resolution. Both cameras provide crystal clear recordings in both day and night conditions. Designed for set-and-forget operation, the unit will turn on and start recording each time power is applied to it, after the initial setup is completed. When power is removed, the dash-cam will safely stop recording and shut down. Either camera view can be selected from the front camera's controls.
Continuous Loop Recording: Video footage is recorded to the included 16GB micro-SD card (expandable to 64GB) in a continuous loop fashion, with the oldest footage getting overwritten when the card becomes full. Footage is stored in 3, 5, or 10 minute clips, making it easier for reviewing and transferring to a computer for editing. An Emergency Record button on the rear-panel of the camera allows the currently captured video to be saved and won't be overwritten.
Wide View: The Cobra dash-camera provides a 160˚ wide-angle view of the road and peripherals while the rear camera provides a 130˚ viewing angle.
G-Sensor: The Dash 2316D features a built-in 3-axis accelerometer that can sense sudden accelerations, stops, and collisions, and will automatically protect video footage around the time of the impact. The G-sensor features 3 sensitivity settings, with 1 being the most sensitive and 3 the least, or can be turned off completely.
Microphone & Speaker: The Cobra dash-cam features a built-in speaker and microphone, allowing audio to be recorded along with video. This feature can be turned off if desired.
LCD Screen: The rear-panel of the Dash 2316D dash camera includes a 2" LCD display for playing back recorded video. Recordings can also be viewed on a TV screen or downloaded and viewed on a computer.
Parking Mode: A Parking Mode feature can be set that will only record video when vehicle motion or impact is detected while the vehicle is parked. This mode can be set for either a 5 or 10 minute timeout. If no motion is detected during this time, the display will turn off and recording will stop (asleep). If motion or an impact is detected, the unit will wake up and start recording. Recording will continue until the timeout puts the unit back into Parking Mode.
Note: The Parking Mode feature can only be used if the camera is powered from an always-on power socket or is hardwired to constant power.
SnapShot: A SnapShot button on the rear panel allows you to capture a still image at any time while the camera is powered on.
Lane Departure & Forward Collision Warnings: The Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) provides both audible and visual warnings as you approach a lane boundary, indicating whether you are departing the lane to the left or to the right. The Frontal Collision Warning System (FCWS) provides audible and visual warnings if you are quickly approaching an obstacle in the road ahead. Both of these features rely solely on analyzing video of the road ahead and, therefore, work best with good visibility and clearly marked roads.
Note: The Lane Departure and Forward Collision Warnings are strictly a driving aid and should not be a substitute for alert driving.
GPS Information: GPS information regarding your speed, location, heading, and G-sensor can be embedded into the recorded video using either the optional Cobra GPS Mount (sold separately) with GPS antenna, or by downloading the iRadar app to your Bluetooth enabled smartphone.
App Features: The Dash 2316D allows smartphone integration using the Cobra iRadar app, available for download from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. The iRadar app is compatible with iPhone 4S and newer iPhones as well as Android phones, both with Bluetooth capability. After downloading the iRadar app and pairing your smartphone to the Dash 2308, additional features will be available:
- iRadar Route Tracking: This feature embeds your location, speed, and G-sensor information at every point of your route when connected to the iRadar app. It also embeds location, date, and time information into your recorded video, providing viable evidence in case of a collision.
- iRadar Alerts: The feature provides real-time threat information, accumulated from the millions of iRadar users on the road. This provides alerts for red light cameras, speed cameras, and live police locations.
Note: Bluetooth functionality is strictly for using the iRadar app and does NOT support hands-free phone calls or Bluetooth audio streaming.
Computer Connection: A 20" USB cable (type-A to micro-B) is provided for connecting the Dash 2316D to a computer or television. An HDMI port is also included for connecting to a TV or monitor. If connected to a computer, two options will be given:
- Power Only: Allows you to use the dash-cam for viewing of video files.
- Connect to Computer: This allows the dash-cam to connect to your
computer in Mass Storage mode, acting like a flash drive. Videos can be
downloaded to the computer as well as viewed using any standard video player
that supports .mov files. By downloading the
Cobra Drive HD Player to your computer, you can view dash-cam footage
along with GPS and G-sensor data. System requirements:
- PC: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10.
- Mac: OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later.
Power: The Dash 2316D includes a 10' USB cable and lighter adapter for powering it. An optional hardwire kit is also available (sold separately) for powering the dash-cam directly from the fuse box or 12V power source. A 22" Y-splitter cable and a 157" extension cable are provided for both signal and powering the rear camera.
Mounting: The dash camera comes with a suction cup mounting bracket for mounting the camera to a windshield. The bracket features a tilting ball/socket adjustment, allowing you to position the camera for best visibility. It can be easily removed from the mount, if desired. The rear camera includes a 3M adhesive backing for mounting to a rear window and can be attached either upright or upside down. The image can be flipped in the settings menu. Both cameras are designed to be mounted on the interior of the vehicle.
- Dash Cam (CAM 1): Width - 2.438", Height - 2.188", Depth - 1.27"
- Rear Cam (CAM 2): Width - 1.0", Height - 2.75" (incl. cable), Depth - 1.375"
The Cobra DASH 2316D replaces these items
- compact full HD dash cam with 2" LCD display, plus second interior cam
- parking mode for motion detection
- video resolution: 1080p (30 fps) and 720p (30 and 60fps) HD for front and 720p (30 fps) for rear
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?