About the Cobra DualPro 360°
A step in the right direction
A step in the right direction
Cobra's DualPro 360° radar detector makes it easy to figure out where incoming threats are coming from, so you can make a split-second decision about your next course of action. Front and rear directional arrow signals complement the detector's already impressive array of features, including long-distance protection, built-in GPS, and Bluetooth® connectivity for smartphone app integration.
See threats from the front or rear
The Cobra DualPro 360° shields you against X-, K-, and Ka-band radar signals, plus multiple laser threats. Digital signal processing lets this detector sniff out potential issues quickly. Once a signal is found, the detector's display shows you up or down arrows to indicate threats coming from the front or rear of your vehicle. Cobra's advanced sensors look for the signature of each signal the DualPro 360° encounters, weeding out false alerts and getting the information to you more quickly.
This Cobra's multi-color OLED display works in tandem with the large arrows to give you all the info you need quickly. You can choose the backlight color to complement your vehicle's interior lighting, and the easy-to-recognize icons and graphics really stand out on the detector's screen. You'll also get voice alerts in English or Spanish so you can make timely decisions while keeping your eyes on the road.
Included camera locations
The DualPro 360° comes with a preloaded database of safety, red-light, and radar camera locations across North America, allowing the detector to warn you when you get near. You can download updates, back up your data, and maintain the database through Cobra's website. You'll need a subscription and a computer to update the DualPro 360°'s database — update subscriptions are available through Cobra's website.
Just tap a button on the keyboard to store locations along the road where the speed limit drops quickly, or where you might encounter heavy enforcement. The DualPro 360° will warn you when you approach them in the future. Or press the mute button at the location of a known false signal — the detector will remember the signal, muting the alert the next time you pass by. You'll hear an alert if another type of signal comes from the same location. The AutoLearn feature can even lock out false alarms after three encounters with them in the same location without you having to do anything at all.
The iRadar app keeps you in the loop
The Cobra iRadar app is a simple way to get your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone involved in reducing your stress while driving. The app combines your GPS location information with real-time reports from other Cobra and Escort radar users to keep you abreast of potential threats in your vicinity. You can also use the app to report your own sightings of enforcement or other potential travel hazards, which will then be instantly available to other Cobra and Escort users. The app also alerts you to major changes in the posted speed limit, so you can stay on top of the situation.
With built-in Bluetooth connectivity, you can simply pair the detector with your phone for instant wireless communication between the detector and the app — no additional hardware or cords needed. The Cobra iRadar app is free to download, but a subscription fee is required to use some aspects of the iRadar service — Cobra includes a 1-year trial of the iRadar Premium service with purchase of the DualPro 360° detector.
You can set a number of features on the DualPro 360° to accommodate your driving comfort level, including which radar bands you wish to monitor, which meter you'd like to see when a signal is detected, and other enhancements. If you want, you can have the detector warn you when you're going faster than a pre-determined speed limit. You'll have three sensitivity levels to choose from, and five different brightness settings, including fully dark.
Traffic Signal Rejection
Cobra's Traffic Signal Rejection software goes even further to reduce false alerts. It detects strong K-band signals emitted by common highway traffic flow sensors and filters them out, eliminating meaningless alarms so you can stay focused on the real threats.
Comes with what you need
Cobra includes a travel case, an EZ Mag windshield mount, and a 12-volt SmartCord in this package. The SmartCord features smart and coiled sections and allows you to see alerts when the detector's in fully dark mode, or to mute the detector without touching it. And when it's time to update the database of cameras and enforcement areas, the detector's mini-USB input makes it easy for data transfer from your computer.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector featuring Bluetooth, GPS protection, and preloaded database of red-light and radar cameras
- EZ Mag windshield mount
- padded case and straight/coiled SmartCord cord with mute button and alert LED
- headphone jack
- mini-USB input
- directional arrow display shows where detected signals originate
- color OLED graphic display with multiple display modes
- detects 3 radar bands (selectable) and Ka-POP
- 360° laser protection
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and Ka-POP
- Traffic Sensor Rejection software eliminates false alerts from roadside traffic flow sensors
- sensitivity modes: highway, Auto (speed-based), and Auto No X
- 8 programmable features
- Mute, AutoMute, and SmartMute modes
- camera database updates requires USB-to-mini-USB connection (cable not included) and computer
- camera database updates available via Cobra website
- "Mark Location" feature remembers points for future warnings
- AutoLearn feature remembers sources of false signals and mutes alerts
- over-speed alert
- wireless compatibility with Cobra iRadar real-time service through smartphone app (1-year free trial subscription included)
- dimensions: 3-1/2"W x 1-5/16"H x 5-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 0180011-1
What's in the box:
- Radar/laser detector
- EZ Mag Mount
- SmartCord USB DC power adapter with coiled/straight cord (RJ14 plug)
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cobra DualPro 360°
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Elite DualPro 360° is the new flagship radar/laser detection system from Cobra. It is Cobra's most advanced radar/laser detector to date, and provides 360° protection from every radar spectrum and laser. Its high speed DSP (digital signal processing) provides earlier warnings and fewer false alerts, so you can drive without worry. Connecting your smartphone (via Bluetooth) to the Cobra iRadar app, gives you even better protection. The DualPro 360° has a bright, easy-to-read OLED display with directional arrows, so you'll know if the threat is in front of you or behind you. The DualPro 360° comes with the EZ Mag Mount, SmartCord USB, and a semi-hard zippered carrying case.
Cobra iRadar App: The award-winning Cobra iRadar app gives you access to the world's largest community-based radar, laser, and camera detection system. You can receive alerts in real time from millions or other iRadar users, plus you can share your alerts as well. You get warnings of upcoming speed cameras, red light cameras, known speed traps, and dangerous intersections from other iRadar users or through Defender®, the industry's largest database of red light, speed, and mobile cameras. The iRadar app is compatible with Apple iPhones and iPads running iOS 8.0 or later, and Android devices running version 5.0 and up.
Radar/Laser Detection: The DualPro 360° detects X, K, Ka, and Ka-POP band radar signals from any direction. The unit also detects LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging), commonly known as Laser. For best results, the unit must have a clear view out the windshield and back window. The DualPro 360° monitors the following frequencies:
- X Band: 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz
- K Band: 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz
- Ka Band: 34.700 GHz ±1300 MHz
- Laser: 904nm, 33 MHz bandwidth
TSR Filter: Some cities use X and K-band radar to monitor traffic flow. The TSR (Traffic Signal Rejection) filter eliminates false alerts caused by these traffic monitors. The TSR filter looks for specific types of signal, such as a pulse, which is quite different than the radar signals used by police. The TSR filter can be turned on or off, as desired.
Reducing False Alerts: The DualPro 360° uses advanced technology to reduce annoying false alerts:
- GPS Filter: The detector is equipped with a TrueLock GPS Filter to lock out false alerts and store them in its memory. Pressing the Mute button on the detector or SmartCord 3 times during an alert will lock out the signal based on location and frequency. The next time you approach the same area, the display will show the locked out alert. The GPS filter can be turned on or off as needed.
- IVT Filter: The unit has an In-Vehicle Technology (IVT) Filter that reduces false alerts caused by modern safety devices found in newer vehicles. Blind spot systems and collision-avoidance system use radar-like signals to alert you of oncoming traffic or vehicles trailing in your blind spot. Adaptive cruise controls can monitor the distance between your vehicle and one you're following. The IVT Filter can distinguish between these signals and real radar signals, and will keep your detector from emitting a false alert. The IVT Filter can be updated through periodic software updates.
- Sensitivity Modes: Selectable City and Highway sensitivity modes are available to adjust to the driving environment. You can select Auto No X, Auto Lo X, or Highway sensitivity settings. The Auto Lo X mode delays all X band audio alerts at lower signal strength levels. This reduces the number of false alerts when you're driving in high density areas where there are many conflicting X band signals from microwave towers and garage door openers. Highway mode gives you increased sensitivity in areas where there are fewer causes for false alerts.
Display Modes: The DualPro 360° has an easy-to-read OLED display with white characters and a selectable background to match your vehicle's dash display (Copper, Blue, Green, or Red). The detector has the following settings for displaying alerts:
- Standard Mode: When radar is detected, the display shows the radar band along with signal strength bar graph, with the front signal strength on the left, and rear signal strength on the right. When laser is detected, the display will simply show "Laser." If multiple signals are present, the DualPro 360° will determine which one is the most important to display.
- Frequency: Same as Standard Mode but displays numeric frequency instead of band.
- Basic: Instead of band and signal strengths, the Basic method displays a simple messages, such as "Caution" or "Slow Down."
- Speed Mute: The Speed Mute mode allows you to modify your alert tones when traveling below a specified speed. The factory default speed is 20 mph, but you can set it in the menu, if desired, between 20 and 160 mph. When traveling below the specified speed, the detector will sound a simple double-beep when an alert is received.
Voice and Tone Alerts: In addition to visual alerts, the DualPro 360° will provide voice and tone alerts and confirm user settings. Digital voice announcements, in English or Spanish, identify the nature of the alert so you can keep your eyes on the road. Voice alerts can be turned off if you want to only hear tones. A distinctly different tone is used for each type of signal detected, and with radar bands, the tones will repeat faster as you approach the signal source. You can choose standard tones and milder, doorbell-type alerts, if desired.
Speed Alert: You can set a Speed Alert to notify you when you are traveling over a specified speed. When the set speed is exceeded, the background display of your current speed turns red to alert you. The default set speed is 70 mph, but you can adjust it from 20 to 160 mph.
Note: If you have turned off the speed display, the detector will show the battery voltage.
EZ Mag Mount: The included EZ Mag Mount has a powerful magnetic plate and a 2-1/2" diameter StickyCup suction cup to hold the detector firmly to your windshield. The angle of the detector can be adjusted up or down for best results.
Power Requirements: The DualPro 360° comes with the SmartCord USB power cable, which has an RJ-11 modular connector that plugs into the radar detector. SmartCord USB connects to your vehicle's lighter/accessory socket, and has a USB (Type A) charging port for power/charging your smartphone or other device. The adapter also features a mute button, alert light, and power light. Pressing the mute button multiple times features the following actions:
- 1 Press: Mute the audio for a specific alert
- 3 Presses: Locks out a false alert
- 2 Presses (while receiving a locked-out alert) to unlock
- Press/Hold: When connected to the iRadar app, press and hold the mute button on unit or SmartCord to manually report to other users a verified X or K-band alert, or a police officer observing traffic.
AutoPower: The AutoPower mode will automatically delay turning off the unit when the vehicle's ignition is turned off. It uses the vehicle's constant power circuit to keep the unit powered. After 30 minutes, the display screen goes blank to save screen life. The display will automatically turn on when you reach 10 mph. The delay can be set to 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours. With AutoPower off, the detector turns on or off depending on the vehicle's ignition switch (constant power or switched).
USB Port: The unit is equipped with a Micro-B USB port that allows you to connect it to your computer for future software updates. No USB cable is included.