About the Cobra HHRT50 Road Trip
A portable CB for real road warriors
A portable CB for real road warriors
If you're on the road a lot, you know how important a CB radio can be when you're between where you were and where you're going. And if you're in and out of rental cars or different trucks, you don't have time to install a CB radio before you hit the road.
Cobra's HHRT50 is the CB that's made for road warriors. This portable CB has everything you need to stay in touch when you're out there. Just attach the magnetic mount antenna to the roof, plunk the receiver into a cupholder, and get going.
With the HHRT50, you can scan through all 40 CB channels. And Cobra's Dual Watch lets you monitor two pre-selected channels at once, so you'll never miss a signal. You'll hear what everybody else is saying, thanks the Cobra's Soundtracker® System that filters out 90% of noise. And they'll hear you through the HHRT50's omni-directional microphone. You'll also enjoy the built-in NOAA receiver, which will give you important emergency alerts and inclement weather warnings.
- portable 40-channel CB radio
- includes power adapter and belt clip
- includes two antennas:
- 8" portable antenna for outdoor use
- magnetic mount with antenna for home or car
- ideal for frequent travelers and outdoor use
- compact, handheld design
- magnetic-mount antenna
- built-in NOAA weather receiver
- Dual Watch monitors two pre-selected channels at once
- Soundtracker® system filters out 90% of noise
- minijack speaker output
- uses 9 AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- dimensions: 2.29"W x 7.16"H x 1.82"D (radio); 3.46" diameter x 9.25"H (mount)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HHRT50
What's in the box:
- Handheld 40-channel CB radio
- Wrist strap (installed)
- 8" Antenna (BNC male connector)
- Magnetic mount antenna base with attached 118" cable (BNC male connector)
- 7.5" Antenna (for mag mount)
- Vehicle DC power adapter with attached 5' cable (DC barrel connector)
- DC charge adapter
- Belt clip
- Operating Instructions
- Product Registration card
Cobra HHRT50 Road Trip reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cobra HHRT50 Road Trip
Overview: The Cobra HHRT50 (HH 50 WX ST) "Road Trip" is a handheld Citizens Band (CB) radio that is ideal for outdoor recreation, sports, and emergency use. The unit has 40 CB channels, plus an Emergency Channel, and 10 NOAA National Weather Channels. The HHRT50 operates on nine "AA" alkaline or NiMH (Nickel-Metal Hydride) rechargeable batteries (not included). It comes with a magnetic mount antenna, a portable antenna, belt clip, and a mobile DC power adapter.
Antenna Options: The HHRT50 comes with two antennas. The 8" high efficiency flexible antenna attaches directly to the top of the radio, and is recommended for use outdoors when you're carrying the radio around or wearing it on your belt. The Mag Mount antenna can be used in your vehicle or home. The strong magnetic base has an attached 118" (9.98 feet) cable, and plugs into the top of the radio.
High and Low Power Output: The radio offers both high power (4 watts) and low power (1 watt) transmissions. In low power mode, the transmitting range is cut in half. The receiving range is not affected. Battery life is increased by approximately 50% when in Power Saver mode. You can switch between low to high power by pressing the Program key, then the Power Saver key.
SoundTracker® System: The radio is equipped with the SoundTracker Noise Reduction System for clear communications. SoundTracker filters and cuts incoming noise up to 90% for a much better signal-to-noise ratio. It also strengthens the signal going out to dramatically improve the clarity and range of the transmitted signals. With SoundTracker, there's much less static, and much better sound of the incoming and outgoing signals. The HHRT50 has a dedicated SoundTracker button so you can toggle the feature on or off, as needed.
CB Channels: The HHRT50 is a full-powered, 40-channel Class D station in the Citizens Band Radio Service. With advanced Phase Lock Loop (PLL) circuitry, you can tune all 40 CB channels and 10 Weather Channels. You can select a channel using the up/down arrow keys on the right side of the unit. The display shows a large 2-digit readout as you tune the stations, along with a signal strength bar graph.
Scanning Channels/Dual Watch: The HHRT50 lets you scan all 40 CB channels with a single press of the Scan button. When you have found a channel you want, you can stop scanning by pressing the button again. Dual Watch lets you simultaneously monitor two selected channels.
Weather Channels: Local weather reports from NOAA (National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration) are provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. About 500 NOAA radio stations are operated nationwide, reaching approximately 90% of the U.S. population. In addition to the 40 CB channels, the HHRT50 has 10 National Weather Channels, 7 from NOAA, and 3 Canadian channels.
Emergency Channels: The HHRT50 has dedicated channels set aside for Emergency Messages. Channel 9 (27.065 MHz) can be used to transmit emergency messages (weather warnings, auto accident, fire, or personal emergencies). It can also be used for monitoring emergency situations. If there is no response on Channel 9, you can also try channels 19 or 14. The unit has a One Touch button for Channels 9 (emergency) and 19 (information) for instantly tuning the channels instantly.
Power Options: The HHRT50 operates on nine "AA" alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries (1000mAh). With the included 12 Volt Mobile Power Adapter you can power the unit from your vehicle's 12-volt power port (cigarette lighter port). The power adapter includes a charging plug for charging NiMH batteries. No batteries are included with the radio.
Controls: The HHRT50 has the following controls:
- Top: Rotary power switch/volume and rotary squelch
- Left Side: Display backlight, Channel Up/Down, and PTT (Push-to-Talk)
- Front: Program, CB/WX/Power Saver, Scan, Lock, CH9/19, ST (SoundTracker)
Connections: The radio has the following connections:
- Antenna Input (top panel): female BNC connector
- Speaker Output: 3.5mm
- Microphone Input: 2.5mm
- Charge: DC power -- 3.5mm OD x 1.35mm ID
- Power: DC power -- 5.5mm OD x 1.9mm ID
- CB Channels: 40 channels
- Frequency Range: 26.965 to 27.405 MHz
- Weather Channels: 10 channels
- Frequency Range: 162.400 to 163.275 MHz
- Frequency Control: Phase Lock Loop Synthesizer
- Frequency Tolerance: 0.005%
- RF Output Power: 4 watts (high power); 1 watt (low power)
- Frequency Response: 300Hz to 3000Hz (-6dB)
- Input Voltage: 13.5VDC (internal batteries), 13.8VDC (external power)
- Operating Temperature Range: -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to +50°C)
- Handheld CB radio: Width 2.295", Height 7.163" (14.5" w/antenna), Depth 1.824"
- Magnetic Mount Antenna: Base Diameter 3.465", Height 9.25"