About the Cobra MR HH450 DUAL
One rugged radio
One rugged radio
When you're heading out onto the water or into the woods, you need a hand-held VHF radio that's rugged, reliable, and ready for just about anything. Cobra's MR HH450 DUAL radio has the features you'd expect from a quality hand-held, plus some smart added features that will make it a trusted part of your weekend adventure kit.
With Cobra's exclusive Rewind-Say-Again® feature, you'll never miss a VHF call again, so you can relax and enjoy the journey. You'll also appreciate the VHF/GMRS channel dual-band functionality, with 6-watt VHF and high-power GMRS that lets you choose low, medium, or high power for short- and long-range communication. Other features include NOAA weather radio with S.A.M.E. Weather Alert filtering to keep you abreast of local weather alerts.
Inside the shell, you'll find a long-lasting lithium ion polymer battery that you can plug into a rapid charger at the end of the day. If you need backup, just pop five AA batteries into the auxiliary tray.
And, despite all that built-in technology, this radio is more than tough enough for marine duty. The MR HH450 DUAL is IPX7-rated, designed to float, and features a high-visibility case that's easy to spot, even in brackish water.
- dual-band VHF/GMRS hand-held radio for marine and powersports use
- VHF/GMRS dual-band functionality
- Weather Alert with S.A.M.E.
- Rewind-Say-Again® feature lets you replay missed VHF calls
- VibrAlert® notifies you of incoming calls
- frequencies: All U.S., Canadian, and international GMRS and marine channels, plus 10 NOAA weather channels
- instant channel 16 access for emergencies
- monitors three channels at once
- BURP technology vibrates water out of the speaker grille
- large LCD display and illuminated function keys
- locking function for all buttons and keys protects settings
- long-lasting lithium ion polymer battery plus AA battery backup
- rapid charger included
- removable antenna
- dimensions: 4.8" H x 2.4" W x 1.4" D
- weight: 9.59 oz.
- high-visibility case designed to float
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MR HH450 DUAL
What's in the box:
- Handheld Marine VHF Radio (black)
- CECALB523450 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery with rear radio cover (7.4V 1000mAh 7.4Wh)
- Alkaline battery tray (holds 5 "AA" batteries - not included) with rear radio cover)
- CM110 130 Charging base
- AC adapter with attached 76" DC output cord (DC output: 12V 0.4A)
- 5.5" Antenna
- Wrist strap
- 2 Phillips-head screws (Length=7/8")
- Belt clip
- Owner's Manual (English)
- Owner's Manual (Spanish)
- Cobra VHF Radios promo card
- Online registration card
- Sea-Tow promo card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cobra MR HH450 DUAL
Overview: The Cobra Marine HH450 Dual Band VHF/GMRS Radio is a battery-powered, portable two-way transceiver. In Marine VHF (Very High Frequency) mode, it allows you to communicate from vessel-to-vessel, or from vessel-to-shore stations for safety, navigation, and operational purposes. It can also access NOAA weather channels to alert you of weather emergencies. In GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) mode, you can reach other GMRS-capable radios for short-distance two-way land mobile communications. The handheld portable radio weighs about 8 ounces, and comes with a rechargeable battery and charging base, belt clip, and a wrist strap.
Note: GMRS radio usage requires an FCC license.
Selectable Output Power: The HH450 Dual lets you set the output power at Low, Medium, or High. Most of the time, you should maintain the low power setting for short-range communications, conserving battery power, and avoiding overpowering nearby stations. The high-power setting is for long-range communications, or when you do not receive a response to a signal sent at 1 watt. Power settings are selected by pressing the H-M-L button repeatedly and toggling through each setting. Power Output for marine VHF use is 1 (Lo), 3 (Med), and 6 (Hi) watts, while GMRS output power is 1, 3, and 4.5 watts, respectively.
Backlit LCD Screen: The radio has a 1.75" illuminated LCD display, featuring large 7-segment numerals indicating the channel number and a 5-bar signal level meter. A matrix display at the bottom displays text indicating the current radio mode, function, or operation. Multiple icons indicate Power setting, battery level, and Weather Alerts.
Noise-canceling Microphone: The radio features a noise-canceling microphone that blocks background noise for clearer conversations.
Roger Beep Tone: The radio offers a confirmation tone that indicates the end of the user's transmission. When the Roger Beep mode is activated, the listener will hear an audible tone when the talk button is released, indicating the transmission is over and it is OK to speak.
Channel Selection: The HH450 Dual will receive and transmit VHF and GMRS signals on the channels you select. You can scan all channels in each band separately, or only those channels saved as favorites. The Tri-Watch mode gives you access to scan 3 channels of most importance to you--channel 16 and two others of your choice, either VHF or GMRS. The dedicated "16/9" button provides instant access to priority channel 16 and calling channel 9. Squelch Control filters out weak signals and RF noise to let you hear the signals you want more clearly.
Privacy Codes: The GMRS band offers 121 Privacy Codes that allow semi-secure communications. Between the 38 CTCSS (Continuous Tone Controlled Squelch System) codes and 83 DCS (Digital Coded Squelch) codes, up to 1815 privacy combinations can be created. These sub-audible frequencies and digital tones are sent continuously with speech to engage other radios with this feature. Radios with the same subcode set will hear your transmission.
Rewind-Say-Again: The Rewind-Say-Again feature lets you record and play back the last 20 seconds of an incoming audio transmission. When a message is received that you can't understand due to excessive engine noise, conversation, or music, you can replay the message up to 20 seconds in length. Also, when receiving a distress message, the Rewind-Say-Again feature lets you record call details, which may include coordinates, call signs, or registration numbers that can be passed along to authorities.
Waterproof/Floating: The Cobra Marine HH450 Dual radio is waterproof to JIS7/IPX7 standards, which means it is submersible to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes. The radio has a floating design and bright orange highlights that make it easy to retrieve if dropped overboard. The included battery, which is integrated into the rear cover, must be used to maintain its floating design.
BURP: In case the radio is dropped in the water, or subjected to extreme rain or weather, water can become trapped in the speaker grille and muffle the audio. The Cobra-exclusive BURP feature expels water from the speaker grill by emitting a loud tone for 8 seconds.
Power Options: The HH450 Dual Band radio comes with a sealed Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, plus a battery tray that holds 5 "AA" alkaline batteries. Both have attached back panels for the radio and screws that hold them into place. A tab on the end of the supplied belt clip acts as a screwdriver for the battery packs. The included charging cradle lets you charge the Lithium-Ion battery while it's installed in the radio, or, using the spacer, without being installed. The charging cradle comes with an 120VAC adapter for home use, and a 12VDC cigarette lighter adapter for mobile use. A fully discharged battery charges in 5 to 6 hours. Typical battery life (5% transmitting, 5% receiving, 90% standby) is 8 hours at 6 watts (Hi Power) and 14 watts at 1 watt (Lo Power).
- Number of Channels: All U.S., Canadian, International, and NOAA Weather channels, 15 GMRS channels
- Channel Spacing: 25 kHz (VHF), 12.5 kHz (GMRS)
- Modulation: 5 kHz max (VHF), 2.5 kHz (GMRS)
- Temperature Range: -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C)
- Frequency Range:
- Receiver: VHF: 156.050 to 163.275 MHz; GMRS: 462.5500 to 467.7250 MHz
- Transmitter: VHF: 156.025 to 157.425 MHz; GMRS: 462.5500 to 467.7250 MHz
- Sensitivity (12dB Sinad): Marine VHF: -121 dBm
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: Marine: 70dB, GMRS: 50dB, WX: 55dB (typical)
- Intermodulation and Rejection: Marine: 70dB, GMRS: 65dB, WX: 55dB (typical)
- Spurious and Image Rejection: Marine: 70dB, GMRS: 50dB, WX: 65dB (typical)
- AF Output: 400mW < 5% distortion @ 8 Ohms
- Receiver Type: Marine VHF: Double Conversion Super-Heterodyne; GMRS & WX: Low if direct conversion
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- RF Output: 1, 3, or 6 Watts (Marine); 1, 3, or 4.5 Watts (GMRS)
- FM Hum and Noise: 40 dB
- Dimensions: Width=2.658" Height=5.358" (10.06" w/antenna), Depth=2.114"
- Weight: 8 ounces w/o batteries
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked