About the Cobra RAD 380
Steer clear of trouble with a Cobra radar detector
Steer clear of trouble with a Cobra radar detector
You can drive with confidence as Cobra's RAD 380 radar detector makes a fine travel companion. This handy gadget tracks multiple laser and radar bands but with fewer false alerts from roadside and in-vehicle signal sources. Digital signal processing means you'll get alerts lightning-quick, and the RAD 380 offers extended range so you can stay protected from afar. The detector's display is easy to read and understand, so you'll have all the info you need when you need it most.
Kick false alerts to the curb
The RAD 380's sophisticated anti-falsing circuitry keeps you from getting annoying false alerts from automatic door openers, roadside traffic flow monitors, and other radar detectors. Cobra's 2nd-generation updatable In-Vehicle Technology (IVT) filter reduces false alerts from collision avoidance systems and adaptive cruise controls found in other vehicles on the road, both now and in the future as the technology changes.
Digital signal processing (DSP) for faster alerts
DSP technology is the same advanced tech found in more expensive radar detectors that delivers faster alerts so you can react from a position of strength. The RAD 380 makes the most of this circuitry so you'll know as soon as possible what lies ahead.
A handsome addition to your car
The RAD 380 features a sleek new chassis that'll complement your vehicle's interior with style. Finger-friendly buttons for mute, sensitivity, and dimmer make it easy to adjust settings on the go. Cobra's LaserEye covers your vehicle front and back from laser guns. The detector also boasts VG-2 radar detector detection immunity so you can travel with stealth. You'll see a numeric value of the signal's strength (from 1 to 5) to learn how close you are to the signal's source, and the detector provides unique tones to let you know which band it's seeing and strong the signal is.
Drive smarter, not harder
You can choose between city and highway modes to keep false alerts to a minimum, or turn on the dim mode to give your eyes a break when driving at night. Want to keep things quiet? Employ the Manual Mute or Auto Mute modes for less insistent audio warnings.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector
- suction-cup windshield mount with hook-and-loop fastener for dashboard mounting
- straight power cord
- detects multiple radar bands and laser
- digital audio tone alerts for radar and laser, including signal strength
- digital signal processing for faster alerts
- 2nd-generation updatable in-vehicle technology filter
- anti-falsing circuitry
- city/highway modes
- LaserEye laser protection
- VG-2 immunity and alerts
- display includes numeric signal strength
- dim and auto-mute modes
- dimensions: 2-3/4"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 0180008-1
What's in the box:
- Radar/laser detector
- Dual suction cup mount
- Adhesive hook-and-loop pad
- 12V DC power adapter with 77" straight cable (DC barrel connector)
- Quick Start Guide
- Congratulations! card
- Product Registration sheet
Cobra RAD 380 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cobra RAD 380
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The RAD 380 radar/laser detection system from Cobra protects you against all radar and laser threats. Its high speed DSP (digital signal processing) provides earlier warnings and fewer false alerts, so you can drive without worry. The RAD 380 has an easy-to-read, multicolor display, and comes with suction cup windshield mount and straight power cord.
Radar/Laser Detection: The RAD 380 detects X, K, and Ka band radar signals from any direction. The unit's LaserEye detects LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging), commonly known as Laser, from the front and rear. For best results, the unit must have a clear view out the windshield and back window. The RAD 380 monitors the following frequencies:
- X Band: 10.525 ± 0.050 GHz
- K Band: 24.150 ± 0.125 GHz
- Ka Band: 34.700 ± 1.300 GHz
- VG-2: 11.500 ± 0.250 GHz
- Laser: 910nm ±50nm, 100 PPS
Reducing False Alerts: The RAD 380 uses advanced technology to reduce annoying false alerts:
- IVT Filter: The unit features a 2nd Generation In-Vehicle Technology (IVT) Filter that reduces false alerts caused by modern safety devices found in newer vehicles. Blind spot systems and collision-avoidance system use radar-like signals to alert you of oncoming traffic or vehicles trailing in your blind spot. Adaptive cruise controls can monitor the distance between your vehicle and one you're following. The IVT Filter can distinguish between these signals and real radar signals, and will keep your detector from emitting a false alert. The IVT Filter can be updated through periodic software updates.
- Sensitivity Modes: The unit offers two Sensitivity Modes that adjust your radar detector to the driving environment. City Mode sensitivity delays the audio alerts for weak X band signals until they become stronger. This will reduce false alerts while you are driving in, or near, urban areas where there are many sources that may trigger false alerts, such as automatic door openers or microwave towers. Highway Mode sensitivity is the factory default, and utilizes no filtering.
VG-2: The RAD 380 can identify VG-2 signals from radar detector detectors (RDDs), and will alert you when one is in use near your vehicle. The unit is invisible to VG-2 RDDs, and you can choose in the menu whether or not you want to be alerted to VG-2 RDD signals.
Display: The RAD 380 has an easy-to-read color display which indicates the type of signal detected and a signal strength number from 1 (weakest) to 5 (strongest). The band type indications are color coded: X (green), K (orange), Ka (red), and VG-2 (yellow). A red segmented character shows the current sensitivity mode: "h" (highway) or "c" (city), or an "L" for a laser detection.
Tone Alerts: The RAD 380 will provide distinctly different alert tones for each type of signal detected, including laser. For X, K, or Ka radar, the detector emits tones that repeat faster as you approach the source of the signal. You can adjust the audio volume with a side-mounted rotary control. A press of the mute button on the top lets you quickly turn off an audio alert.
Mounting Options: The RAD 380 comes with a dual suction cup windshield mount. You may need to bend the bracket to adjust the angle of the detector, making sure it is parallel to the road's surface. You can also mount the detector on the dashboard with the included hook-and-loop fastener.
Power Requirements: The RAD 380 includes a DC power adapter with a 6' straight cord for powering the unit. The cord plugs into the detector via a DC barrel connector. An optional Hardwire Kit, sold separately, lets you hardwire the RAD 380 into your vehicle's electrical system.
The Cobra RAD 380 replaces these items