About the Cobra SC200D
Record two views
Record two views
Cobra's SC200D dash cam system includes the SC200 dash cam with resolution up to 1600p and a second Flex-View cam for recording your vehicle's interior or a rear view. You can check out your recorded video on the dash cam's 3" display or you can access it on your phone, thanks to a wireless connection. Plug the included power adapter into your vehicle's 12-volt power source and you're up and running. And with the Drive Smarter app on your phone, Cobra opens up a host of extra features for a safer experience in the car.
Your second camera
Cobra includes a second camera so you can record the inside of your vehicle or record your rear view — a smart addition for ride-share drivers or for fleet vehicles.
Drive Smarter® app compatibility
Cobra made the SC200D with Bluetooth for easy integration with your phone. Using data from your phone's cellular plan, this cam can geo-tag your footage with time, date, location, and speed information. Additionally, your live connection with Cobra's online Drive Smarter community will give you a heads-up if speed cameras, red light cameras, or live police locations are in play nearby. Remotely access all your recorded video on Drive Smarter cloud storage.
Mount it in a convenient spot
These compact cameras and their adhesive-backed mounts won't crowd your field of vision when you're driving. Both fully automated cameras will start recording once the engine is turned on and will stop when the engine is turned off. Beyond that, they're loop-recording to document any incidents on the road. And if you're involved in an accident, the SC200D's built-in G-Sensor will detect sudden acceleration or a collision, then save the critical footage.
- dual camera system with compact Quad HD dash cam and second camera
- 3" dash cam display
- vehicle power adapter and quick-release mount included
- video resolution up to 1600p
- Wi-Fi for remote viewing
- Bluetooth capability for use with smartphones
- built-in GPS
- Cobra's Drive Smarter app gives you:
- red light camera alerts
- speed camera alerts
- live police location alerts
- shared radar alerts
- location tagging on every event
- Bluetooth-powered video geo-tagging
- G-sensor incident detection
- 140-degree viewing angle
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SC200D
What's in the box:
- Dash camera
- Camera mount w/ built-in GPS and adhesive backing
- Rear-view camera w/ integrated adhesive mount
- Spare rear-camera adhesive pad
- 16' Rear-camera cable (3.5mm connector on one end / mini-B USB conector on other end)
- 16GB Micro-SD card (installed in camera)
- 11' DC power cord w/ lighter adapter on one end and a micro-B USB connector on other end (5VDC/2.5A output)
- 8.5" USB Cable (type-A on one end / micro-B on other end)
- Spare adhesive pad
- Quickstart guide
- Product & Safety Information
- Warranty registration card
- Cobra Tech Support information
Cobra SC200D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cobra SC200D
Overview: The Cobra SC200D dash camera kit provides a continuous recording of both the front- and rear-facing cameras, and can even warn you of upcoming red light cameras, speed cameras, and police enforcement locations via the iRadar app. A built-in G-sensor can detect impacts and will automatically protect the footage around that time. Built-in GPS will also embed location, time and date information into the recorded video, protecting your side of the story in the event of an accident.
HD Video: The SC200D dash camera kit can record video from both of the included front and rear cameras, or just from the front. If recording just the front-facing camera, resolutions as high as 1600p can be set, for crystal clear recordings. Additional resolutions of 1080p and 720p are available if recording both camera's video, or for gaining increased storage capacity. Designed for set-and-forget operation, the unit will turn on and start recording each time power is applied to it, or by pressing and holding the top-panel On/Off button. When power is removed, the dash-cam will safely stop recording and shut down. The camera's 3" HD LCD screen can be used to playback recorded video, as well as provide on-screen settings and options.
Continuous Loop Recording: Video footage is recorded to the included 8GB micro-SD card (expandable to 256GB) in a continuous loop fashion, with the oldest footage getting overwritten when the card becomes full. Footage is stored in 1, 2, or 3 minute clips, making it easier for reviewing and transferring to a computer for editing. A built-in microphone allows the surrounding audio to be recorded along with video.
- Emergency Recordings: If an impact or collision is detected, that recorded video will be saved in the Emergency Recordings file and won't be overwritten by the Continuous Loop Recording mode.
- Emergency Record Button: An Emergency Record button on the side of the camera lets you manually capture and save video that won't be overwritten by the Continuous Loop Recording feature.
- Photos: An on-screen "camera" icon lets you easily take a snap-shot of the camera's current view, which is stored in the camera's Photo Folder.
Rear-View Camera: The included HD rear-view camera is designed to mount on the inside of a rear window, providing a view of the road and objects behind you. The camera features an integrated window-mount with an adhesive backing. A proprietary 16' cable is included for connecting the rear-view camera to the dash camera.
Wide View: Both of the included front- and rear-view cameras can each provide a 140˚ wide-angle view of the road and peripherals.
G-Sensor: The SC200D features a built-in accelerometer that can sense an impact or collision, and will automatically protect video footage around the time. The G-sensor features 3 sensitivity settings, with 1 being the most sensitive and 3 the least, or can be turned off completely.
Parking Mode & Motion Detection: The Cobra dash camera can monitor your vehicle while parked, if connected to a constant power source. The camera will monitor its surroundings, while the G-sensor can detect an impact to the vehicle. If motion or an impact is detected, the SC200D will save 1 min video clips as long as the activity is being detected.
Note: Parking Mode & Motion Detection are only available if the camera's included lighter-adapter power cord is connected to a power socket that has constant power, providing +12V when the vehicle is Off. An optional Cobra Hardwire Kit (sold separately) can be used to connect to the fuse box for +12V power.
GPS: A GPS antenna, built into the dash camera's mounting base, lets you have your exact location, time, and date stamped to the camera's video footage.
Lane Departure & Collision Warning: The Cobra dash camera can provide audible and visual warnings if you approach a lane boundary, or if you are rapidly approaching another vehicle or obstacle in the road ahead.
Microphone & Speaker: The Cobra dash-cam features a built-in speaker and microphone, allowing audio to be recorded along with video, if desired. Integrated Voice Commands and Voice Announcements allow for hands-free camera operation.
- Voice Commands: This "hands free" feature lets use verbal commands to operate certain functions, such as Record Video, Lock Video, Take Photo, and more.
- Voice Announcements: When your connected smartphone is running the iRadar App, the camera can give you verbal warnings provided by the app, such as approaching red-light and speed-cameras, user-reported police and radar use in the area, accidents, and more.
Micro-B USB: A micro-B USB port lets you connect the SC200D to your computer for downloading captured video clips.
Dual-Band Wi-Fi: The SC200D features built-in dual-band WiFi for connection the cloud for video management and software updates.
Drive Smarter App: Downloading the Drive Smarter App to your smartphone, available from the Apple App and Google Play Stores, lets you connect to the SC200D via Bluetooth, letting you view, edit, and share captured video footage from your smartphone. Other features include:
- Cloud Video Management: Lets you view your camera's footage from your phone without a physical connection to the camera or your computer. Previously shot video can be downloaded to the phone for viewing, as well.
- Live-View: Lets you receive a live video stream to your phone when it's connected to the camera's WiFi network.
- MayDay: Cobra's MayDay feature lets you create an emergency contact that can be notified when the camera's G-sensor detects a severe impact or collision. It will automatically upload your location and a MayDay notice to the assigned contact.
- Over-Air Firmware Updates: The Drive Smarter App lets you wirelessly update the camera with the latest firmware.
iRadar App: The iRadar App, available from the Apple App and Google Play Stores, lets you share and receive real-time driver alerts with other drivers. Warnings include: Red light camera locations, speed traps, caution areas, and more.
1 question already asked