About the Focal Performance R-130S2
The R-130S2's woofers feature a central phase plug for enhanced sound dispersion.
Time for a change
Make no mistake, Focal's Auditor Series R-130S2 component system will put your factory speakers to shame. Years of weather-damage and even the most conservative listening will degrade the paper cone speakers that came with your car. Focal built the two 5-1/4" woofers, two tweeters, and two external crossovers in the R-130S2 system to withstand that kind of damage while delivering robust sound.
The woofer's polypropylene cone and butyl rubber surround will deliver a new richness of bass and midrange articulation, and the cone features a phase plug for better sound dispersion. Prepare to be moved by the bright highs and crisp detail broadcast by the "Silk Aluminum" tweeters, and gain a whole new appreciation for driving your car again.
Crossover to a new dimension
- component speaker system includes two 5-1/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- "silk aluminum" dome tweeter
- mesh/ABS grilles included
- pre-wired external crossover (12dB/oct)
- power range: 2-50 watts RMS (100 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 65-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- woofer mounting: 2-1/8"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R-130S2
What's in the box:
- Two woofers
- Two tweeters (each with 18" length of speaker wire attached)
- 2 Flush mount tweeter cups (installed)
- 2 Surface mount tweeter adapters
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter adapters
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 12 Speed clips
- Eight 1" Self-tapping pan head screws (large head)
- Four 1" Self-tapping pan head screws (small head)
- 2 Adhesive backed pads
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ German/ Spanish/ Italian/ Portuguese/ Chinese/ Russian)
- Specifications printed on box
Focal Performance R-130S2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal Performance R-130S2
Features & specs
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||85.96|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||90|
|Frequency Response||65 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||100|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 9/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.235|
Phase Plug: The bullet-shaped phase plug in the center of the woofer ensures a smooth, flat off-axis frequency response by preventing the higher frequency sound waves emanating from one side of the cone from interfering with sound waves from the other side of the cone.
Voice Coil: The voice coil is wound around a 1" diameter low-mass Kapton former, ensuring no coil deformation.
Tweeter Mounting: The tweeters can be flush mounted, surface mounted, or surface mounted at an angle (approximately 30°) using the included adapters. Once installed in any of the housings, the tweeter will pivot approximately 15° in any direction.
Note: Although the tweeters are shipped in their flush mount housings, no flush mount hardware is included. A method of holding the housings in place must be fabricated.
|Flush Mount||Surface Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Depth||0.835"||screw depth||screw depth|
|Frame Diameter||2.357"||1.985"||1.985" x 1.9"|
Crossover: The input and output wires are attached to the crossover. The 19" input wires are not terminated (bare wire). Both the woofer and tweeter output wires are 10" long and terminated with quick slides to easily attach to the drivers. The crossover slope is 12 dB/octave.
- Width: 2-7/8" (3-1/8" including wires)
- Height: 7/8"
- Depth: 1-5/8"
1 question already asked