About the Focal 100 ICW 8
Powerful overhead sound
Powerful overhead sound
Designing a custom-installed stereo or home theater system? Then consider Focal's 100 ICW 8 in-ceiling speaker — it uses some of the same technologies found in Focal's acclaimed bookshelf and floor-standing speakers to deliver lifelike sound with music and movie soundtracks. Use a pair as part of a whole-house stereo system, or as overhead effects channels in a Focal surround sound system.
Super smooth sound
This speaker features Focal's 8" Polyglass woofer, which delivers articulate midrange and punchy bass. Smooth, natural highs come courtesy of a 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter, which pivots 360° to direct high frequencies toward you. The 100 IW 8 even has a built-in three-position tweeter level control to adjust high-frequency output to best suit your room's acoustics.
Adaptable to your décor
The 100 ICW 8 includes a low-profile grille that you can paint to match your room's décor. Plus it's magnetic, so attaching it is a breeze.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead effects channel in a home theater system
- 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter
- tweeter pivots 360° to direct high frequencies toward you
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 8" Polyglass woofer
- humidity-resistant design (not recommended for direct exposure to water)
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- includes round and square paintable magnetic grilles
- recommended amplifier power: 25-150 watts
- frequency response: 53-23,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- designed and developed in France
- cutout diameter: 8-3/4"
- overall diameter: 9-3/4"
- mounting depth: 4-3/8"
- weight: 3.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F100ICW8
What's in the box:
- 1 In-ceiling/in-wall speaker
- 1 Square grill (white)
- 1 Round grill (white)
- Cut-out template
- Quickstart guide
More details on the Focal 100 ICW 8
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-150|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Focal 100 ICW8 is a two-way, in-ceiling/in-wall coaxial speaker designed for small to medium sized rooms in home applications. It can be used in distributed systems, like hallways and living areas, stereo systems for living rooms and bedrooms, as well as overhead speakers in a home theater system. The ICW8 is even ideal for humid environments such as a bathroom or kitchen.
Design: The 100 ICW8 features an 8" Polyglass cone midbass driver and a 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter. The speaker's compact unibody and new crossover were designed to improve sound dispersion and off-axis listening, helping to avoid the "shower effect". The tweeter can be rotated 360˚ and tilted up to 20˚ and includes a 3-way switch for adjusting the output level according to the acoustic environment with selections of -3dB, 0dB, and +3dB. Each speaker comes with two paintable, magnetic, metal-mesh grills; square and round. Small magnets around the rim of the speaker allow the grills to be easily placed and removed with no tools required. Two spring-posts are provided for attaching speaker wire.
Installation: The Focal in-ceiling/in-wall speaker includes 4 integrated mounting brackets with optimized grips. These allow the speaker to be locked into place by simply tightening the 4 Philips-head screws after placing speaker in the opening. As the screw is tightened, the arms will swing outward and press against the backside of the drywall or mounting surface. The screws remain attached to the mounting arms, even when fully loosened, preventing them from falling out and making for an easier installation.
- Drivers: 8" Polyglass midbass, 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity: 90db
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB): 53Hz - 23kHz
- Impedance: 8Ω
- RMS Power: 25 - 150W
- Cutout Diameter: 8.70"
- Mounting Depth: 4.375"
- External Dimensions: Outer diameter - 9.73", Length - 4.375"
- Net Weight: 3.86 lbs.