About the Focal 300 IW 6
Engaging in-wall sound from Focal
Engaging in-wall sound from Focal
Planning a new in-wall music or home theater system? Then consider Focal's 300 IW 6. This high-quality in-wall speaker offers dynamic, engaging sound without taking up any space on your floor. Use a pair as part of a rockin' custom-installed stereo or surround sound system.
Super smooth lows, mids, and highs
This speaker uses Focal's 6-1/2" woven flax fiber woofer for punchy bass and articulate midrange — the same driver material used in many of the company's high-end car speakers. Smooth, natural highs come courtesy of a 1" aluminum/magnesium tweeter. The 300 IW 6 even has built-in tweeter and woofer level controls to best suit your room's acoustics.
Adaptable to your décor
The 300 IW 6 includes a low-profile grille that you can paint to match your room's décor. Plus it's magnetic, so attaching it is a breeze.
- ideal as part of an in-wall music system, or as a left or right channel in a home theater system
- 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- tweeter pivots 360° to direct high frequencies toward you
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 6-1/2" woven flax fiber woofer with rubber surround
- three-position woofer level control cuts or boosts mid-bass frequencies to tailor the sound to your room
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile, paintable magnetic grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 25-130 watts
- frequency response: 55-28,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- designed and developed in France
- cutout dimensions: 7-1/2"W x 11-1/2"H
- overall dimensions: 8-5/8"W x 12-3/4"H
- mounting depth: 3-3/4"
- weight: 4.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F300IW6
What's in the box:
- One in-wall speaker
- Grill (white)
- 12.5" x 8.5" Grill cloth
- Paint guard
- Cutout template
- Quickstart guide
- Safety and warnings sheet
Focal 300 IW 6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal 300 IW 6
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Cutout Size||7.5 x 11.5|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-130|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Focal 300 IW6 is a two-way, in-wall speaker designed for home applications and suitable for any size room. It can be used in distributed systems, like hallways and living areas, stereo systems for living rooms and bedrooms, as well as part of a home theater system.
Drivers: The 300 IW6 features a 6-1/2" Flax cone woofer and a 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter. Flax cones produce a natural and accurate sound with great intelligibility, ideal for movie dialog. The tweeter can be tilted up to 20˚ in any direction, for a more focused sound, and includes a 3-way switch for adjusting the output level according to the acoustic environment with selections of -3dB, 0dB, and +3dB. A second 3-way switch allows the same type of adjustment for the midrange frequencies with selections of -2dB, 0dB, and +2dB.
EQI Mounting: Focal incorporates their patented EQI (Easy Quick Install) mounting system which includes 4 integrated cam-arms with optimized grips. These allow the speaker to be locked into place by simply placing the cam-arms in the "ready" position and pushing the speaker assembly into the wall opening. As the speaker sets in place, the spring-loaded cam arms will rotate outward snapping in place against the backside of the drywall or mounting surface. Nylon straps along the top and bottom of the speaker are provided for removal. By simply pulling back on them, the spring-loaded cam-arms will rotate back around releasing the speaker. The EQI mounts will work for walls from 1/2" to 1-1/4" thick.
Grill: The speaker comes with a paintable, magnetic, metal-mesh grill. Small magnets around the rim of the speaker allow the grill to be easily placed and removed with no tools required. An optional sheet of acoustic grill cloth is provided that can be applied to the back of the grill, making the speaker drivers behind it invisible. Note: Using this will lower the overall output level a small amount.
Terminals: Two spring-posts are provided for attaching speaker wire and can accommodate 16 -14 AWG wire.
- Drivers: 6-1/2" Flax cone woofer, 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity: 90db
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB): 55Hz - 28kHz
- Impedance: 8Ω
- RMS Power: 25 - 130W
- Cutout Dimensions: Width - 7.50", Height - 11.50"
- Mounting Depth: 3.75"
- External Dimensions: Width - 8.625", Height - 12.750", Depth - 4.0"
- Grill Dimensions: Width - 8.813", Height - 12.875"
- Net Weight (w/grill): 4.9 lbs.