About the Focal 300 IW6 LCR
Elite in-wall sound from Focal
Elite in-wall sound from Focal
Focal's bookshelf and floor-standing speakers are enjoyed by discriminating audiophiles worldwide. The French hi-fi company also makes a line of "custom install" speakers that provide a similar level of performance without taking up any space on your floor or shelves. The 300 IW6 LCR in-wall speaker is an excellent choice for a zero-footprint surround sound system without sacrificing audio performance.
Use this high-quality three-way "LCR" as a left-, center-, or right-channel speaker as part of your Focal custom-installed home theater.
Super smooth lows, mids, and highs
This speaker employs a three-way design to create lifelike sound in your room. It features two of Focal's 6-1/2" woven flax fiber woofers for punchy bass — the same driver material used in many of the company's high-end car speakers. Articulate mids are dished out by a 4" flax fiber midrange driver. And smooth, natural highs come courtesy of a 1" aluminum/magnesium tweeter. The IW6 LCR even has built-in tweeter and midrange level controls to best suit your room's acoustics.
Adaptable to your décor
The IW6 LCR includes a low-profile grille that you can paint to match your room's décor. Plus it's magnetic, so attaching it is a breeze.
- 3-way design
- ideal for use in a stealthy home theater system, or as part of an in-wall stereo music system
- install a pair vertically as left- and right-channel speakers
- install one horizontally as a center channel, ideal if you want a seamless front soundstage with matching speakers across your room
- 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 4" woven flax fiber midrange with rubber surround
- three-position midrange level control cuts or boosts mid-bass frequencies to tailor the sound to your room
- midrange plate pivots 90° to direct sound toward you
- dual 6-1/2" woven flax fiber woofers with rubber surround
- frequency response: 40-28,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 50-150 watts
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile, paintable magnetic grille for discreet installation
- designed and developed in France
- cutout dimensions: 7-1/2"W x 22-1/2"H
- overall dimensions: 8-5/8"W x 23-3/4"H
- mounting depth: 4"
- weight: 12.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F300IW6LCR
What's in the box:
- One in-wall speaker
- 1 metal-mesh grill (white)
- 23.5" x 8.5" sheet of grill fabric
- Paint shield
- Cardboard cut-out template
- Quickstart instructions
- Warranty and safety sheet
Focal 300 IW6 LCR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal 300 IW6 LCR
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||50-150|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Focal 300 3HW6LCR is a three-way, in-wall speaker designed for home theater applications. It can be used as either a front left, right, or center channel in rooms up to 320 square feet and can be mounted either vertically or horizontally. The enclosure contains dual 6.5" Flax cone woofers, a single 4" Flax cone midrange, and a 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter.
Drivers: The 300 3HW6LCR features dual 6-1/2" Flax cone woofers which produce a natural and accurate sound with great intelligibility, ideal for movie dialog. The 4" Flax cone midrange and 1" aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter are mounted on an adjustable plate which can be rotated left or right for focusing the sound on the listening point, depending on which location the speaker is in. The 1" tweeter includes a 3-way switch for adjusting the output level according to the acoustic environment with selections of -3dB, 0dB, and +3dB. A second 3-way switch allows the same type of adjustment for the midrange frequencies with selections of -2dB, 0dB, and +2dB. Both switches are located on the front of the speaker underneath the grill for easy adjustment.
Grill: The speaker includes a paintable, magnetic, metal-mesh grill. Small magnets around the rim of the speaker allow the grill to be easily placed and removed with no tools required. An optional sheet of acoustic grill cloth is provided that can be applied to the back of the grill, making the speaker drivers behind it invisible. Note: Using this will lower the overall output level a small amount.
EQI Mounting: Focal incorporates their patented EQI (Easy Quick Install) mounting system which includes 6 integrated cam-arms with optimized grips. These allow the speaker to be locked into place by simply placing the cam-arms in the "ready" position and pushing the speaker assembly into the ceiling opening. As the speaker sets in place, the spring-loaded cam arms will rotate outward snapping in place against the backside of the drywall or mounting surface. The EQI mounts will work for ceilings from 1/2" to 1.2" thick.
- Drivers: Two 6-1/2" flax cone woofers, One 4" flax cone midrange, 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity: 92db
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB): 40Hz - 28kHz
- Impedance: 8Ω
- RMS Power: 50 - 150W
- Cutout Dimensions: Width - 7.50", Height - 22.50"
- Mounting Depth: 4.0"
- External Dimensions: Width - 8.625", Length - 23.750", Depth - 4.0"
- Net Weight (w/grill): 12.4 lbs.
2 questions already asked