About the Focal AP 4340
High-fidelity Class AB amp
High-fidelity Class AB amp
Whether you're talking about audio products for home, car, or studio, the name Focal always comes up when the conversation centers around sound quality. Their Auditor Series AP 4340 4-channel amp makes a great candidate for powering any high-performance car audio system. This amp puts out 70 watts RMS per channel with very low distortion and very wide frequency response, so you can be sure your speakers or subs will sound their best.
4-, 3-, or 2-channel operation
When you're using the AP 4340 to power four speakers, you can use the high-pass filters on the front and rear channels to eliminate the low bass for a cleaner sound. If you want to run full-range speakers and a sub, you'd use the high-pass filters on your front channels, then bridge the rear channels together to drive your sub, using the low-pass filter to optimize the bass.
In 2-channel mode, the AP 4340 puts out 190 watts RMS per channel, so you could use it to power a pair of high-performance speakers or subwoofers. A selectable bass boost lets you extend the low-frequency response.
AP 4340 signal connection and control panel
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 70 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (95 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 190 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class AB amp technology
- channel 1-2: variable high-pass filter (60-1200 Hz)
- channel 3-4: high-pass filter (100-2200 Hz) or low-pass filter (50-250 Hz)
- channel 3-4: selectable bass boost (0, 6, 12 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- total harmonic distortion: 0.06%
- frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz
- fuse rating: 15A x 2
- dimensions: 13-5/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 9-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AP 4340
What's in the box:
- 4-channel amplifier
- Four 15A ATO fuses (2 installed in amp)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length=1-3/16")
- 4 Plastic spacers (large)
- 4 Plastic spacers (small)
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Split lock washers
- Amplifier User Manual
- Focal brand card
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Focal AP 4340 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal AP 4340
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
70 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||95 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||190 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-30k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.06%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||76 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||60-1200/100-2200Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0, +6, +12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare amplifiers on an equal basis.
Amp Overview: The Focal AP-4340 is a full-range Class AB 4-channel amplifier. The amp can be configured for four-channel, three-channel, or two-channel operation. It has built-in crossovers that can be configured for high-pass or low-pass operation.
Power Output: The amplifier has the following power output:
- 70 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 95 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 190 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged
Protection Circuits: The amplifier is equipped with protection circuits for the following: short circuits, low impedance, DC output, thermal overload, reversed polarity, or over/under voltage.
Level Control (Gain): The Focal AP-4340 is equipped with line level inputs. There are separate rotary gain controls for the front (Channels 1&2) and rear (Channels 3&4) that can be adjusted by a standard flat-head screwdriver (not supplied). The low-level input sensitivity is 160mV (minimum).
Selectable Crossovers: The amp features high-quality crossovers that can be configured as Low-pass, High-pass, or Full Range. There are independent crossover controls for the front and rear channels:
- Channels 1&2: The crossover for channels 1+2 can be set to full range or high-pass with a 2-way switch. It has a variable cutoff frequency from 60Hz to 1.2kHz.
- Channels 3&4: The crossover for channels 3+4 can be set to full range, low-pass, or high-pass with a 3-way switch. In low-pass mode, the cutoff frequency varies from 50Hz to 250Hz. In the high-pass mode, you can set the cutoff frequency between 100Hz and 2.2kHz.
Bass Boost: The AP-4340 has a bass boost that can be set to 0dB (off), +6dB, or +12dB. No center frequency for the bass boost is given.
Screw Terminals: The amplifier is equipped with screw terminal strips for all speaker and power connections. A flat head or Phillips-head screwdriver (not supplied) can be used to tighten or loosen the screws. The sizes of the screw terminals are as follows:
Power/Ground: The screw terminals for connecting the power and ground cables are 0.475" wide. It is recommended that you use 8-gauge power and ground wire for this amp. A 0.335" wide screw terminal is provided for the turn-on lead (18-gauge wire is sufficient).
Fuses: The amp comes with two 15A ATO (blade) fuses installed in the amplifier, plus two spares. You should also install a 30A fuse on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
Speaker Outputs: The amp includes four pairs of 0.335" wide screw terminals for the speaker output. Markings are provided for bridged connections.
Signal Input: The amplifier features two pairs of stereo RCA inputs for connecting the input signal from the source unit to the amp via RCA cables. The amp will accept line-level signals only (minimum 160mV).
Signal Output: In addition to the 4-channel RCA inputs, the AP-4340 offers a stereo line output. This output is the same signal as the RCA input on Channels 1&2, and can be used to daisy-chain the signal to another amplifier.
- Full Range Mode Bandwidth: 10Hz - 30kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.06%
- Channel Separation (1 kHz): 45dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (1W/1A): 76dBA
- Dimensions: Width 13.3125" Height 2.155" Depth 9.254"
- Weight: 6.06 pounds
9 questions already asked