About the Focal BombA BP20
Great bass in a small space
Great bass in a small space
It's one thing to try to fit a subwoofer in today's smaller vehicles. It's another thing entirely to find a way to fill that space with Focal quality sound. Well, Focal's done it with the BombA BP20 powered subwoofer, a compact package that houses an 8" sub with a powerful amp. The enclosure fits in confined spaces, while its efficient bandpass design adds extra power. You'll get the bottom end you're looking for, with Focal supplying the technology you need for full enjoyment of your music.
Fits with your system
The BombA BP20 enclosure features a built-in Class D amplifier that delivers a solid 150 watts RMS to its 8" sub. Its adjustable frequency cutoff and phase shift controls allow you to dial in the sound you want. The enclosure features high- and low-level inputs, so it's compatible with just about any car stereo. Small, powerful, and convenient, the BombA BP20 sub will add some serious bass to your vehicle without taking up too much valuable space.
- powered 8" bandpass subwoofer
- built-in 150 watts RMS amplifier (300 watts maximum)
- adjustable frequency cutoff: 45Hz-120Hz
- variable phase control (0-180°)
- subsonic filter (20-35 Hz)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- dimensions: 17-5/16"D x 9-13/16"W x 12-11/16"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BombA BP20
What's in the box:
- Loaded amplified subwoofer enclosure with 8" driver
- Two 15A ATO fuses (1 installed)
- 12" Speaker-level input harness (2-channel)
- 2 Hook and loop strips (9-3/8" x 2")
- User Manual
Focal BombA BP20 reviews
I normally have always had separate amps, subs, etc, etc. I was looking for an all in one package this time. What drew me to the focal bomba was it being a bandpass box and the aesthetics of how it looks. I like the fact that it doesn't look like a normal pre-fab sub box. Installation was easy, I also ordered the Audio Control LOC since i'm keeping my factory head unit. The Sound is good, it really does fill out the bottom end. I will play around with the settings and see, testing out different music.
Pros: 1. Clean Sounding Notes 2. Design of the Box
Cons: Some People May Say the Price is High But as they Say you get what you Pay For
1 of 1 found this helpful
Just what I needed to complete my car sounds system. The build quality and design is top notch. It doesn't take that much space and it sounds really good. It has the smoothness low end, Just what I needed.
Pros: Smooth low end, build quality
4 of 4 found this helpful
Amazing little sub. The low ends of this thing are the smoothest ive ever heard, even at full volume. Of course this thing is a bit pricey as all focal products are. But the build and sound quality cannot be compared to anything else ive heard. The road listens to what i want to play
Pros: My car is now lit af
8 of 9 found this helpful
More details on the Focal BombA BP20
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Material||Woven Glass Fiber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||150 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||300 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
|Crossover Point||45-120Hz (20-35 Subsonic)|
Overview: The Focal Performance BombA BP20 is an active subwoofer enclosure, equipped with an 8" driver and a Class D amplifier. This compact bandpass enclosure will fit into most hatchbacks and sedans, even those with small trunk space. The built-in amp has low and high level inputs for easy connection to OEM or aftermarket head units. The BombA BP20 comes with a speaker-level input harness and hook-and-loop strips to hold the unit in place.
Amplifier: The Class D amplifier is built into the enclosure, and provides 150 watts RMS and 300 watts Max power. The connections and controls are located on one end of the subwoofer:
- Power: set screw terminal, accepts up to 8-gauge wire; requires flat head or Phillips head screwdriver (not included)
- Ground: set screw terminal, accepts up to 8-gauge wire; requires flat head or Phillips head screwdriver (not included)
- Remote Turn-on: set screw terminal, accepts up to 12-gauge wire; requires small flat head or Phillips head screwdriver (not included)
- Speaker Level Input: Molex jack used with included speaker input harness
- Line Input: stereo RCA jacks
- Fuse: 15A ATO blade-type
- Controls (flat head or Phillips head screwdriver required):
- Gain: rotary control to match the output of the source unit
- Subsonic: rotary control to adjust the low end of the frequency response (20Hz -35Hz)
- LPF (Low-pass Filter): rotary control to adjust the high end of the frequency response (45Hz - 120Hz)
- Phase: rotary control for adjusting the phase of the subwoofer's attack (0° - 180°)
- B-boost: rotary control to adjust the bass boost (center frequency not given) from 0 to 12dB
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 125 Hz
- Power Output: 150 watts RMS, 300 watts Max.
- Port Dimensions: Slot-type port - 8-3/8"W x 1"H x 15-1/4"D
- Width: 17-5/16"
- Height: 9-13/16"
- Depth: Bottom: 12-3/4"; Top: 9-1/4"
- Weight: 24 pounds
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked