About the Focal Cub3
Add deep bass to your home theater
Add deep bass to your home theater
Focal's Cub3 brings your home theater to life by adding weight and impact to your favorite movies and games. When the drums start to play in the deep of Moria in Fellowship of the Ring, I need that ominous beat to rumble through the room. The rich bass of a sub like the Cub3 draws you into the action to help make a great scene like this even more dramatic.
Easy to set up and use
The Cub3 has a smooth, clean look and a modest footprint that fits easily into most rooms. A dedicated LFE input hooks up to the subwoofer output of your home theater receiver. Or you can use the line-level RCA inputs, which have an active electronic crossover to ensure the sub is only playing the low frequencies it was designed for.
A helpful set of rear-panel controls keep things straightforward, too. A volume dial makes adjustments quick and easy. And a phase switch takes some of the guesswork out of finding the right placement so it's easy to integrate the sub into the rest of your system.
- 8" down-firing woofer with front-firing port
- bass reflex (ported) enclosure
- frequency response: 40-150 Hz (± 3dB)
- high-efficiency 150-watt BASH® amplifier
- built-in volume control
- active electronic crossover at 110 Hz
- phase switch for more powerful and precise bass output (0°/180°)
- LFE and line-level subwoofer inputs
- auto on/off mode
- 11-7/8"W x 13-1/16"H x 13-15/16"D
- weight: 22.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years (3 years amplifier)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CUB3WH
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 8' AC power cord
- User Manual
- Thank You Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal Cub3
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||LFE, Stereo RCA|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||110 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||150|
|Frequency Response||40-150 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
8" Polyflex Woofer: The Focal Cub3 powered sub houses a down-firing 8" polyflex cone woofer with high power handling and excursion for adding deep and rich bass to your movies and music soundtracks.
150W BASH Amplifier: The Focal Cub3 powered subwoofer employs a high efficiency BASH digital amplifier rated at 150 watts (RMS) for deep and dynamic bass reproduction with low distortion.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Focal Sub3 powered subwoofer utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with a front-firing aerodynamic port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The bass reflex cabinet is constructed of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) for very low vibration and resonance.
Controls: The Focal Cub3 powered subwoofer offers rear-panel controls to tailor volume level and phase adjustment.
- Volume Level: The powered sub has a rotary volume control to adjust the volume of the subwoofer relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Phase Switch: The subwoofer's phase switch allows you to adjust the subwoofer's phase between 0° or 180°. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass performance.
Note: The Cub3 has a fixed low pass crossover filter that is set at 110Hz.
Connections: The Focal Cub3 powered sub is outfitted with a dedicated LFE input and stereo RCA inputs.
- LFE (Low Frequency Effect): You can use a single RCA cable to connect the LFE output of your AV receiver or preamplifier to the LFE input of the powered sub. Since the LFE output is filtered on the receiver or preamplifier, the powered sub's fixed low pass filter is bypassed.
- Stereo RCA: If your receiver or preamplifier is without a dedicated LFE output, but does have preamp outputs, you can use a stereo RCA cable plugged into both left and right RCA inputs of the powered sub. In this case, you will use the powered sub's fixed low pass crossover.
Placement Options: The powered subwoofer can be placed almost anywhere in the room as bass sound is largely non-directional. For best results, place the subwoofer on the same side of the room as your front speakers. Corner placement will increase the powered subwoofer's output. You should experiment with the powered subwoofer's positioning around your room, until you find the best spot for optimal bass in your application.
Auto On/Off: The Focal Sub3's Auto On/Off feature will switch the powered subwoofer On and Off automatically by signal detection. The powered subwoofer will automatically switch on as soon as an audio signal is detected. The powered sub will enter "standby" mode when there has been no signal activity for 20 minutes.