About the Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos®
Truly immersive surround sound
Truly immersive surround sound
I love the Dolby Atmos home theater experience — overhead sound effects add a convincing layer of sonic realism to movies. But, let's face it, installing in-ceiling speakers can be a challenging project. An easier solution? Focal's Sib Evo Dolby Atmos speakers.
These clever front-channel speakers have an upward-firing driver built into the top of each enclosure. Sound effects bounce off the ceiling and down to your ears, putting you right in the thick of the action. It's pretty awesome!
Each Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos speaker has a 3" upward-firing driver that bounces sound off the ceiling for overhead effects.
A unique driver configuration
Many standalone Atmos speakers only have an upward-firing driver, so they're designed to complement a separate tower or bookshelf speaker.
The Sib Evo Dolby Atmos speakers pull double duty. Each speaker features a 5" front-firing woofer and 3/4" tweeter, plus a separate 3" upward-firing driver for Dolby Atmos effects.
Create a matching Focal Evo system
These compact speakers are ideal for the front left and right channels of a Focal home theater system. Pair them with the Sib Evo bookshelf speakers and the Cub Evo powered subwoofer for voice-matched sound.
- pair of compact home theater speakers
- upward-firing 3'' Dolby Atmos driver reflects sound off the ceiling for overhead effects
- requires a Dolby Atmos-enabled home theater receiver for operation
- frequency response: 65-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- front-firing 3/4" soft dome tweeter
- front-firing 5" Polyflex woofer
- weight: 7 lbs. each
- 7-11/16"W x 11-5/8"H x 7-1/2"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EVO 2.0A
What's in the box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos speakers (base attached)
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 6 Screws
- 6 Wall-anchors
- User Manual
- Thank You card
Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos® reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos®
Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers: In addition to the front-firing drivers, these Focal Sib Evo loudspeakers are equipped with an additional driver on top featuring Dolby Atmos technology. This new-generation of Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker is designed to reproduce both horizontal and vertical waves (towards the ceiling). The major innovation of this technology lies in the reflection of sound waves off the ceiling towards the listener using an extra speaker driver on top of the loudspeaker. By integrating these upward firing drivers into the tops of the speakers, it prevents you from having to install overhead speakers to reproduce Dolby Atmos surround sound.
Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos moves sound all around you in three-dimensional space, so you feel like you're inside the action. Rather than being constrained to channels (like many other surround formats), Dolby Atmos can precisely place different sounds and move them in three-dimensional space. Dolby Atmos creates a new sensation of height that immerses you in the action, creating a full audio atmosphere and realistically depicting objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from dialog to quiet scenes to whirlwind action with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. It all comes together in sound that excites your senses and inspires your emotions to deliver the full impact of entertainment.
Note: Learn more about Dolby Atmos here.
Silk Dome Tweeters & Polyflex Drivers: Each Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos speaker is equipped with a front-firing 1" silk dome tweeter, front-firing 5" Polyflex cone woofer, and top-firing 3" full-range Polyflex cone woofer in a compact, custom-tuned, bass reflex enclosure to give it extended frequency response and provide Dolby Atmos effects.
Push-Button Terminals: Each Dolby Atmos enabled speaker is equipped with push-button terminals to attach your speaker wire using bare wire ends (not compatible with banana plugs, spade-lugs, or pin-connectors). There are two pair of push-button terminals (one for the front-firing drivers and one for top-firing drivers). Your receiver's front and Dolby Atmos speaker outputs will need to be connected to these terminals.
Applications: These Focal Sib Evo loudspeakers can be used for the front or rear Dolby Atmos channels in your home theater setup.
- Placement Options: In order to balance response, place the speaker the same distance away from the main listening area. A minimum height of 30" is recommended in order to obtain a coherent soundstage. You can adjust the angle of inclination of the loudspeakers according to your listening area. It is advised not to have any obstacles (shelves, lights, etc.) less than 3' above the Dolby Atmos loudspeakers that could impede the reflection of sound off ceiling.
- Mounting Options: Each Focal Sib Evo loudspeaker comes with an adjustable rubber base installed. The speakers also include angle-adjustable wall-mount brackets with mounting hardware. In addition, optional speaker stands (sold separately - see Accessories List) are available.
4 questions already asked