About the Focal FD 4.350
When size matters
When size matters
If you want an audio upgrade but you're short on room, Focal's FD 4.350 may be the amp for you. This 4-channel amplifier packs a respectable punch, driving four speakers with up to 100 watts RMS each even though it's only the size of a small paperback book. Explore your options with 2- and 3-channel mode to power subs and speakers in different combos.
The amplifier's active high- and low-pass crossovers let you get hands-on with sound optimization as well. And if you're keeping your factory radio, the amp comes with external audio transformers that automatically detect and convert the high-level signals from your speaker wires.
Cool under pressure
The FD 4.350 uses Direct FET Technology to dissipate heat efficiently from its aluminum chassis, ensuring long-term reliability. And speaking of saving space, you can stack this amp with others in the FD Series to power an entire system.
- ultra-compact D class 4-channel amplifier
- 58 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- stackable aluminum chassis
- Direct FET® Technology for efficient heat dissipation
- cable accessories included
- high-level inputs with auto-detection (2 external transformers) and RCA low-level inputs
- high- and low-pass crossover: adjustable 40-400 Hz
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- dimensions: 7-7/8"W x 1-11/16"H x 4-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FD 4.350
What's in the box:
- 4-channel amplifier
- Two 30-amp AGC fuses (1 installed/ 1 spare)
- 2 Terminal covers (installed)
- 8" Power wire with in-line fuse holder
- 2 External speaker level input transformers
- Two 8" Speaker input harnesses (Molex plug on one end and tinned bare wire on the other)
- 8" Speaker level input transformer harness (Molex plugs on both ends)
- Four 2" Self-tapping screws
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 9 Crimp-on spade connectors (14/16 gauge)
- 2 Crimp-on spade connectors (10/12 gauge)
- 6 Red spade insulators
- 5 Black spade insulators
- User manual (English/ French)
Focal FD 4.350 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal FD 4.350
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
58 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-400 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-400 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4Ω load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N), and over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples). Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Focal FD 4.350 is rated at 58 watts RMS x 4 channels.
2Ω Stable: The amplifier can also support a 2Ω load; the 2Ω power output is 100 watts RMS x 4 channels.
4-Channel Amp: The FD 4.350 is a 4-channel amplifier, basically two 2-channel amps in one chassis. The inputs, outputs, and controls are labeled CH 1-2 or CH 3-4.
Bridgeable: Both sides of the amp are independently bridgeable; it can be used in 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel modes. The bridged power output is 200 watts RMS x 2 channels into 4Ω.
Stackable: All the FD series amps (FD 1.350, FD 2.350, and FD 4.350) have the same footprint, and can be stacked on top of one another.
Speaker Level Input: Two external speaker level input transformers are included, used when your source unit doesn't have RCA outputs. The transformers are connected to the amp with the included wiring harness. The transformers' dimensions are approximately:
- Width: 2-3/8"
- Height: 1-1/4"
- Depth: 2" (3" including wiring)
Auto Turn-on: When using a speaker level input, the amp will turn on automatically when it senses the input signal.
Input Select: The input select switch has three options:
- 1/2: the stereo signal at the CH 1-2 input is shorted to the CH 3-4 input, so both sets receive a stereo input
- 3/4: channels 1-2 and 3-4 maintain discrete inputs
- 1+2: channels 1-2 receive a stereo signal; that signal is then summed and sent to channels 3-4 as a mono signal
Independent Controls: The Channels 1-2 and 3-4 have separate controls for gain, crossover mode, and crossover point frequency:
- Gain: rotary control; continuously variable from 200mV to 5 volts line level (RCA) and from 400mV to 10 volts speaker level
- Crossover Mode: three position switch; LPF (Low Pass Filter), Full (full range), or HPF (High Pass Filter)
- Frequency: rotary control; continuously variable from 40 Hz to 400 Hz
Power Connections: The power and ground connections are 0.3" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Crimp-on spade connectors are included for both terminals.
Speaker Outputs: There are 0.22" wide screw terminals for four speakers and the remote turn-on lead. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Crimp-on spade connectors are included for all the terminals.
Line Level Input: The line input is two pair of stereo RCA jacks.
Speaker Level Input: Two external speaker level input transformers and wiring harnesses are included for the speaker level input. (Each has inputs for two speakers.)