About the Focal FDS 4.350
Power that'll fit anywhere
Power that'll fit anywhere
Focal's FDS 4.350 four-channel amp can send 58 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, a serious upgrade over the power you get from a factory radio or an aftermarket stereo. And, at 8" long and 4" wide, this little compact brick of an amp can fit almost anywhere in a vehicle, even under most passenger seats.
You can also set it up as a 3-channel amp to power a pair of front speakers while you send up to 200 watts RMS to a subwoofer. High- and low-pass filters let you optimize the sound for your vehicle's interior and your particular speakers and subs. Focal's Direct FET® Technology keeps the amp's aluminum chassis so cool, you can stack it with the mono FDS 1.350 or another FDS Series amp to power an entire system from one sharp-looking power station.
- compact 4-channel car amplifier
- 58 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged
- CTA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (40-400 Hz)
- frequency response: 10-50,000 Hz
- stackable aluminum chassis
- Class D — Direct FET® Technology for efficient heat dissipation
- RCA preamp inputs only
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- dimensions: 7-13/16"W x 1-11/16"H x 4-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FDS 4.350
What's in the box:
- 4-channel amplifier
- Two 30-amp fuses (1 installed in fuse holder/1 spare)
- 2 Terminal covers (installed)
- Four 2-1/8" Allen head screws (2.5mm)
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Nine 14-16 Gauge crimp-on spade connectors (five with red insulators and four with black insulators)
- Two 10-12 Gauge crimp-on spade connectors (one with red insulator and one with black insulator)
- 8" Length of 10 Gauge power wire with in-line fuse holder
- User manual (English/ French)
- Caution sheet
Focal FDS 4.350 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal FDS 4.350
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
58 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-400 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-400 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 58 watts RMS x 4 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 84 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
- Power Output:
- 2Ω: 100 watts RMS x 4
- Bridged: 200 watts RMS x 2 (4Ω minimum)
- THD: 0.05%
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 50 kHz
Stackable: All the FD series amps (FDS 2.350, FD 1.350, and FD 4.350) have the same footprint, and can be stacked on top of one another.
Controls: The two amplifier sections (CH 1-2 and CH 3-4) have independent gain and crossover controls.
- Gain: rotary gain controls; continuously variable 0.2 to 5.0 volts
- Crossover: three position switches; LPF (Low Pass Filter), Full (full range), or HPF (High Pass Filter)
- Frequency: rotary controls; the low pass/high pass crossover points are continuously variable from 40 Hz to 400 Hz
- Input Select: three position switch; choose 3/4 (when using four dedicated RCA inputs), 1/2 (when using two RCA inputs to feed all four channels stereo signals), or 1+2 (when powering stereo speakers with channels 1/2 and bridging channels 3/4)
- Power: The power and ground connections are 0.3" wide screw terminals. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Crimp-on spade connectors are included for both terminals.
- Remote Turn-on: The remote turn-on is a 0.22" wide screw terminal. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminal and a crimp-on spade connector is included.
- Speaker Outputs: There are 0.22" wide screw terminal outputs for four speakers. A Phillips-head or flat blade screw driver (not supplied) is required to tighten/loosen the terminals. Crimp-on spade connectors are included for the speakers.
- Line Level Input: There are two pair of line level stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier does not accept speaker level inputs.
The Focal FDS 4.350 replaces these items