About the Focal FPX 4.800
Focal's FPX 4.800 amplifier delivers 120 watts RMS per channel in 4-channel mode, or up to 370 watts RMS per channel when it's bridged to 2-channel operation. This impressive power comes from a compact chassis that's a little smaller than one of my Size 10 bedroom slippers, so it'll probably fit just about anywhere in your vehicle. Focal's engineers designed this amp to reproduce your music with unerring precision, so it'll pair up nicely with high-performance components or subs.
Tone controls for a variety of applications
Separate high- and low-pass filters on the front and rear channels let you optimize the signal for the best tone without distortion. When powering a sub with the rear channels, the variable bass boost adds as much punch as needed.
Focal FPX 4.800 input and control panel
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 120 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (185 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 370 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- full-range Class-D amplifier design
- separate variable high- and low-pass filters (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave) for front and rear channels
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 53 Hz) on rear channels
- preamp inputs
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 9-3/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 5-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FPX 4.800
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 30A ATM fuses
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 4mm Allen wrench
- Four M4 x 65mm Allen-head screws
- User Manual
Focal FPX 4.800 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Focal FPX 4.800
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
120 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||185 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||370 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||76 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||53 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4Ω load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N), and over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CEA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare amplifiers on an equal basis.
Amp Overview: The Focal FPX 4.800 is a full-range Class D 4-channel amplifier. Class D amplifiers are compact, but very powerful. Its Class D design and thick aluminum chassis (3/8" on top, 11/16" on the sides) offer efficient dissipation of heat for reliable performance. The amp can be configured for four-channel, three-channel, or two-channel operation. With independent crossovers for the front and rear channels, you can configure the amplifier for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range applications.
Power Output: The amplifier has the following power output:
- 120 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 185 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 370 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged
Compact Footprint: The Focal FPX 4.800 comes with 2-1/2" long mounting screws that secure the amplifier without external mounting tabs. The mounting holes are placed inside of the amp's 9-3/8" x 5-1/4" footprint and extend the entire thickness of the amp.
Protection Circuits: The amplifier is equipped with protection circuits for the following: short circuits, low impedance, power drop, thermal overload, reversed polarity, or DC offset.
Level Control (Gain): The Focal FPX 4.800 is equipped with line level inputs. The input level range is 0.2 Volts to 5.0 Volts. There are rotary input level controls for the front (1+2), and rear (3+4) channels that can be adjusted by a standard flat-head or Phillips screwdriver (not supplied).
Input Modes: There is a 2-way switch labeled "Mode" that designates the source for the inputs:
- 2CH: Inputs 1+2 are used, and the signal is mirrored to channels 3+4. This allows you to drive all four channels with one pair of inputs.
- 4CH: Inputs 1+2 and 3+4 are used. This gives you full fading capability between the front and rear.
Selectable Crossovers: The amp features high-quality crossovers that can be configured as Low pass, High pass, or Full-range. There are independent crossover controls for the front and rear channels:
- Channels 1+2: The crossover for channels 1+2 has a variable cutoff frequency from 50Hz to 500Hz, with a slope of 12dB per octave..
- Channels 3+4: The crossover for channels 3+4 has a variable cutoff frequency from 50Hz to 500Hz, with a slope of 12dB per octave. There is also a bass boost circuit on the rear channels that is variable from 0 to 12dB at 53 Hz.
Power Input: Two set-screw terminals are provided for connecting the power and ground cables. The terminals can accept up to 4-gauge wire. The set screws are tightened/loosened with the included 4mm Allen wrench.
Fuses: The amp comes with two 30A ATM (mini-blade) fuses in the box. There are no built-in fuse holders on the amplifier. The fuses (or a 60A equivalent) should be installed on the power wire within 18" of the battery.
Remote Turn-on: The remote turn-on set screw terminal will accept up to 12-gauge wire. The set screw is tightened/loosened with the included 2mm Allen wrench.
Speaker Outputs: The amplifier includes four pairs of speaker output terminals. Markings are provided for bridged connections. The set-screw terminals will accept up to 12-gauge wire and are tightened/loosened with the included 2mm Allen wrench.
Signal Input: The amplifier features two pairs of stereo RCA inputs for connecting the input signal from the source unit to the amp via RCA cables.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >76dBA
- Crosstalk (1 kHz): >55dB
- Standby Current: 1.1A
- Dimensions: Width 9.357" Height 2.079" Depth 5.216"
- Weight: 4.4 pounds
3 questions already asked